Player Shops question 03/14/2022 08:01 AM CDT
Is there some kind of list that I can get on to obtain a player shop in the landing? Another player shop discussion was going on yesterday on lnet about all the abandoned shops and someone mentioned that you could contact a gm and get on a list to get a shop permit. Any truth to this? I'd love to see the shop system fixed/updated/replaced but at this point I'd be happy just to see the vacant shops turned over quickly. I would consider becoming premium again.
Thx
Re: Player Shops question 03/14/2022 08:28 AM CDT
Retser was opening up limited sales when he was going through revamping the system, but it has been quite some time since any of those happened.

I would also like to be added, if there were to be such a list...
Re: Player Shops question 03/14/2022 08:41 AM CDT
Since it doesn't look like the automated system is ever going to be able to be turned back on for distributing abandoned shops... maybe it would be better to raffle off all the abandoned shops at the premium festival each year?

Could have a table for each town with the number of winners = number of abandoned shops in that town and set it up so characters have to be a citizen of the town they want to enter the raffle for. It's not ideal, but at least they'd be getting back into the possession of players in a known manner... and "when I can get to it" seems to be years between releases without any sort of deadline.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Player Shops question 03/14/2022 08:47 AM CDT
I like that idea for premium raffles but would love to see it done maybe twice a year. I had also thought that they could add a raffle for the shops at duskruin, although I think it might be best to charge silver for the permits (could be a good silver sink).
Re: Player Shops question 03/30/2022 03:19 PM CDT
I suspect some people use shops for extra locker space.
Re: Player Shops question 03/30/2022 04:15 PM CDT
<I suspect some people use shops for extra locker space.>

This does happen to an extent, but not near as much as some think. What happens more is people not really wanting to sell stuff but willing to accept stupid amounts for it and listing it to reflect that.

This is why folk need to be careful when using playershops listings to determine the value of things.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.