Surname registration - Reserving? 12/14/2021 10:30 PM CST
I rather enjoy the surname I have for one of my characters and wouldn't want anyone else, by chance, to try and claim it.

I asked the Surname Registration clerk in Solhaven about "Reserving" and this was his answer:

The clerk says, "Reserving your surname will prevent it from being shared, either by you or by others to whom you've given it in the past. It will, however, still be open to other characters on your account. Although this service is not yet available, we will be offering it in the future."

I know I checked this same thing years ago (probably going on 3 or 4 years now). Will this feature of surnames ever be implemented to allow us to have a lock on surnames?
Re: Surname registration - Reserving? 12/15/2021 08:57 AM CST
>I know I checked this same thing years ago (probably going on 3 or 4 years now). Will this feature of surnames ever be implemented to allow us to have a lock on surnames?

This has been live for well over a decade and a half. Ask him about REGISTER to register your surname. You will need to RENEW your surname registration every year to maintain it and prevent someone else from using it, or to SHARE it with other characters (on the same account, or grouped with you and level 20+ for on other accounts).

If you're not getting that information from the NPC, you should probably bug it so that the text you pasted is updated with the correct information.

- EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.