I swear... 12/05/2021 09:50 PM CST
Just a quick update --

SWEAR has been updated... or in some cases, fixed. It will now message appropriately when used by itself without any arguments. It will pull racial swears correctly and appropriately, AND we've added racial swears for forest gnome, burghal gnome, and half-krolvin. Halfling racial swear has been adjusted slightly.

If you notice anything weird with this, please let me know.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: I swear... 12/05/2021 10:06 PM CST
Could we get a list of the keywords for the new racial swears? I can get the forest gnome one just typing it by it's self, but can't figure out the keyword to trigger it.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: I swear... 12/06/2021 07:05 AM CST
Racial swears aren't triggered by keywords. They happen randomly when you type swear with no arguments.

~ Haliste ~
Auntie H, Forever
Re: I swear... 12/06/2021 08:23 AM CST
<Racial swears aren't triggered by keywords. They happen randomly when you type swear with no arguments.>

This isn't the case with previously existing racial swears....

On my giantkin:
>swear oath
You bellow a guttural series of oaths.

Sylph:
>swear tree
You swear vehemently enough to scour the bark from a tree.

Human:
>swear loud
You swear long, loud and well.

Dark elf:
>swear spite
You curse darkly, your eyes narrowing in spite.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: I swear... 12/06/2021 11:25 AM CST

>Could we get a list of the keywords for the new racial swears? I can get the forest gnome one just typing it by it's self, but can't figure out the keyword to trigger it.

Swear help should give you a list. Here's what it shows on my elf:

swear help

Usage:
SWEAR [keyword] - Swear
SWEAR {target} [keyword] - Swear at someone or something
SWEAR {target} MINE [name] - Use a custom swear
SWEAR MINE LIST - See custom swears

Where [keyword] is one of the following:
FLAME VILE CURSE SHODDY SPASM LYRIC
ASPERSION SPITTLE BREATH UNHEARD FLUID

Fluid being the elf specific one.
Re: I swear... 12/06/2021 11:37 AM CST
<Swear help should give you a list. Here's what it shows on my elf:>

Sept the new racial swears apparently weren't given keywords, so they don't show up on that list.

Starchitin, the OG

Re: I swear... 12/06/2021 12:58 PM CST
From my half-krolvin:

>swear
You bark out an ugly curse, ending with a guttural growl in the back of $P0H throat.

Haliste, can we please get that fixed?
Re: I swear... 12/06/2021 01:03 PM CST
"a guttural growl in the back of $P0H throat." -- Gehayi

That's just the dialectical pronunciation. It's all in the glottal "ccchhh" at the back of the throat, you see....