Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 09:57 AM CST
We are excited to announce the Alongside (At Feet) inventory system update! It is now live in Platinum and should go live in Prime in the next day or two.

The PLACE verb has been updated with additional options (the existing usage is still intact). By using PLACE FEET, you can place an item you’re holding alongside you (at your feet). This frees your hand while the item remains in your inventory. It does not put the item on the ground in the room, so it cannot be swiped by the janitor.

The Alongside slot is limited to one item, though it can be a container that's usable as if you were holding or wearing it. Warriors and those casting Call Lightning (at their own peril) may exceed this limit by destroying boxes placed alongside them, as the box contents will also be At Feet instead of spilled onto the ground.

By default, having an item placed alongside you will block you from moving rooms and using BERSERK, though you may DRAG an At Feet item in order to move with it. In addition, all teleportation methods will work, and At Feet items will travel with you.

The INVENTORY and LOOK verbs have been updated to display At Feet items below the worn inventory. Many other verbs have been updated as well, including EMPTY, STOW, and LOOT.

The Alongside slot does not reduce encumbrance or affect the 500-item limit, and it has no impact on disarm mechanics and the RECOVER system.

As always, please BUG or BUGITEM if you encounter issues, especially with item scripts, and be patient while we continue to find and update item scripts as needed.

Cheat sheet:
PLACE FEET [item|RIGHT|LEFT]
INVENTORY ALONGSIDE
EMPTY FEET [item|ALL]
STOW FEET
LOOT FEET

| FGM Naiken
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 11:15 AM CST
Nice update! Thanks.

Doug
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 12:56 PM CST
Will a shimmer trinket setup ignore what is ALONGSIDE like it does your hands?

Pretty please say it is so.

~L.

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 01:25 PM CST
Currently, yes. If you have an active shimmer trinket, others won't see items placed alongside you. It's not my script, but I'm not aware of any intention to change it for this.

| FGM Naiken
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 02:48 PM CST
Can you add this to the test server please?
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 02:56 PM CST
Done!

| FGM Naiken
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 02:57 PM CST
Awesome! Been looking forward to this since it was first talked about. :)

Any chance Foldable Chairs are on the list to be updated to be able to be At Feet and still sat on?

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Imaeran Inquisitor
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 03:06 PM CST
I bugged my chair in plat a few hours ago. Hopefully it'll get taken care of!

Wee Sleepy Gnomette's player

From nearby, you hear Vyrshkana yell, "Why I's still drunkifyinged!"
Zicune yells, "Phenomenal cosmic liquir!"
Zicune yells, "Itty bitty drinker!"
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 04:28 PM CST
It's up to individual script owners. Submitting BUGITEM reports is a good way to alert the right person about specific scripts. No promises though!

| FGM Naiken
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/01/2021 04:48 PM CST
>I bugged my chair in plat a few hours ago. Hopefully it'll get taken care of!

Woot, thanks for doing that! ::crosses appendages::

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Imaeran Inquisitor
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/02/2021 08:34 AM CST
"By default, having an item placed alongside you will block you from moving rooms and using BERSERK, though you may DRAG an At Feet item in order to move with it. In addition, all teleportation methods will work, and At Feet items will travel with you." -- Naiken

"Teleportation methods", to include "drag" mechanics, I hope? Otherwise, I could see this working as a sea-anchor to lock a dead body in the same room... :)
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/02/2021 09:05 AM CST
Yes. If you can drag someone who has an At Feet item, their item will go with them. I can't predict the future, but at least with this update, I didn't make any changes that force items in/out of the Alongside slot. All movement in and out is manual/by choice, with the exception of using BATTER and Call Lightning on At Feet boxes (their contents will also be At Feet).

| FGM Naiken
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/03/2021 01:35 PM CST
Thanks for adding a new Functional slot with the "leggings" location!

Which means that I forgot to ask about the "at feet" location... Can it be Functional? (I'm thinking "a heavy Enhancive that is normally worn," since it is considered in your inventory but is clearly not in-hand.)

When you logoff/quit, because "at feet" is in your inventory, that item is "safe" and comes back--still at your feet--when you log back in again, right?
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/03/2021 02:03 PM CST
>Which means that I forgot to ask about the "at feet" location... Can it be Functional? (I'm thinking "a heavy Enhancive that is normally worn," since it is considered in your inventory but is clearly not in-hand.)

Functional/non-functional don't apply in this case. It's not a true inventory slot like the others. It's more of a temporary holding place. Enhancives won't work because the item is not held or worn, and I don't think there's any plans to change that.

>When you logoff/quit, because "at feet" is in your inventory, that item is "safe" and comes back--still at your feet--when you log back in again, right?

Yes. The item never leaves your inventory, so it's never on the ground or anywhere the janitor can swipe it. You can think of it conceptually as on the ground, but mechanically it's still considered on your person.

| FGM Naiken
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/03/2021 02:11 PM CST
"Pity." and "Whew!"

Thanks!
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/04/2021 10:03 PM CST
Along with this addition, did it by chance come to pass that "blank line" was inserted between each of the spots shown in "inv location"? Seems to me that it is a lot easier on the eyes now....
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/05/2021 12:28 PM CST
>Along with this addition, did it by chance come to pass that "blank line" was inserted between each of the spots shown in "inv location"? Seems to me that it is a lot easier on the eyes now....

<whistle>

| FGM Naiken
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 12/05/2021 12:33 PM CST
The extra line between each spot is nice!

Any thoughts about ordering each section in a top to bottom order? e.g. On your head might appear more toward the top of the list. On your feet might appear fairly close to the end of the list. That way when looking for something quickly you might have a better idea as to which part of the list you wanted to scan.

When I do an Inventory Location at present my inventory comes up in the following order:

You are currently wearing:
As a pin:

On your back:

Around your waist:

On your head:

Slung over your shoulder:

Draped over your shoulders:

Pulled over your legs:

Over your chest:

On your fingers:

On your feet:

Hung around your neck:

Attached to your belt:

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 01/28/2022 09:16 AM CST
Would it be possible to allow alchemy actions (infuse was how I noticed) to allow the cauldron to be "at feet"?

When I tried it I got - "You don't appear to have a prepared cauldron around here."

I used 'alchemy infuse and every combination I could think of without luck.
Re: Alongside (At Feet) Inventory Update 01/28/2022 11:21 AM CST
You can do this. Hold your cauldron, place feet, it'll put it in your at feet slot, then do your alchemy. You will need to light it first.

From nearby, you hear Vyrshkana yell, "Why I's still drunkifyinged!"
Zicune yells, "Phenomenal cosmic liquir!"
Zicune yells, "Itty bitty drinker!"