Player Mail Testing 09/28/2021 01:38 AM CDT
Player Mail is currently live on the Test server. There is a post office one west of Town Center in Icemule Trace. The eastern room functions as a shop, while the western is a dedicated mail room.

We're planning to release this system live ASAP, so I'd appreciate any and all beta testing to minimize live bugs!

Auchand
Re: Player Mail Testing 09/28/2021 04:34 AM CDT
Hhhhmmmm..... first commas and now this....

You know what this means folks.... when NIR starts singing My Lovin, we need to answer with a relentless chorus of Wannabe!

Now about those in-world auction houses we've been asking for.... ::glances at the Spice Girls MP3 he ripped from youTube::

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Player Mail Testing 09/29/2021 07:16 PM CDT
So at login today I got this message "You've got mail! Please visit your local post office to check your mailbox."

But if this building, a small fired brick building, is the post office, I can't go in to see the mail.

>The fired brick building appears to be closed.

Olgretien
Re: Player Mail Testing 09/29/2021 07:41 PM CDT

I used the mail verb today, and this worked GREAT! This is so worthwhile and will make it way, WAY easier to buy and sell things. My favorite of the many amazing updates in past 2 years.

Would love some info about the stamps before buying. I figured out the different colors were different classes of stamps, but it took me a bit.
Re: Player Mail Testing 09/29/2021 08:09 PM CDT
>>Would love some info about the stamps before buying. I figured out the different colors were different classes of stamps, but it took me a bit.

I'm not sure if others built theirs this way, but for RR, KF, and the KF Flotilla (when it appears), you can DESCRIBE # and the merchant will tell you more about that stampbook, including what class it is (standard, express, first class) and if it has a special design. I think but am not 100% positive (I've slept since then) that I set up the signet rings that way too, so you can learn a bit more about it.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Player Mail Testing 09/29/2021 08:24 PM CDT

Thank you! I didn't know about the describe verb.
Re: Player Mail Testing 09/29/2021 08:41 PM CDT
For whatever it is worth, I loved that you can put a new stamp over the old one! However, I just mailed a package first class with a promissory note. It took my promissory note but did not give me change. See below:

You inquire with a mail clerk about sending a pitch-sealed pine package to Som. They say, "Sending the package to Som will cost 6,600 silvers based on its weight and priority."
If you're certain you'd like to send a pitch-sealed pine package to Som, enter MAIL SEND SOM again within 30 seconds.

weal
You have 2,216 coins with you.
You are carrying Icemule promissory notes valued at a total of 11,500 silver.
You are carrying 13,716 silver between notes and coins.

get my pro note

You remove an Icemule promissory note from in your white cloak.

swap
You swap a pitch-sealed pine package to your left hand and an Icemule promissory note to your right hand.

mail send Som
An Icemule promissory note isn't an appropriate parcel for sending mail.

swap
You swap an Icemule promissory note to your left hand and a pitch-sealed pine package to your right hand.

mail send Som

The mail clerk takes a pitch-sealed pine package from you. They say, "We'll make certain to get this safely to Som. Don't you worry!" The clerk places the package atop a pile of other parcels.
You hand over worth precisely 6,600 silvers.

l my note
You can't see any moons from here.

weal
You have 2,216 coins with you.