skinning - problem with "skin target" 09/27/2021 01:10 AM CDT
This needs a QOL improvement.

As you can see below, I am using the command "skin target left." For the first dead creature, this works as expected. For the second creature, the game returned "Could not find your target creature" and then the loot commmand worked fine (so no attempt at skinning was made with the second creature... lost the skin here because the command "skin target left" is not working as expected.

Should this be bugged or what? Is this a known issue... I am new to skinning and I had to ask. At the minimum the help command should detail what behavior to expect from "skin target" so people know what to expect (am I doing something wrong here... I still dont know)

You skinned the treekin druid, yielding a mossy beard.
>You search the treekin druid.
It had 585 silvers on it.
It had a pink sapphire on it!
Interesting, it carried a crystal amulet on it.
It had nothing else of value.
A treekin druid decays into compost.
You gather the remaining 585 coins.
>skin target left
loot
Could not find your target creature.
>You search the treekin warrior.
It carried an iron-bound tanik trunk on it!
It didn't carry any silver.
It had nothing else of value.
A treekin warrior decays into compost.
Re: skinning - problem with "skin target" 09/27/2021 02:10 AM CDT
Assuming there wasn't any fighting between the two search attempts, the second one prolly wasn't searched cause it wasn't set as your target. The first one was your target cause it would have been the one you attacked/cast at/etc last. Not sure if you can manually set dead critters as targets or if you'll need to just use the critter's noun rather then "target" in the case of multiple variables.

If yer using a Stormfront script for searching, you can use the syntax "put skin %1 left"... then when you activate the script just type the noun of the critter after the name of the script, like this: .scriptname warrior

Setting up a Stormfront script to skin/search multiple critters with different nouns could prolly be done as well, but would take a bit more effort researching all the available verb options/arguments then I care to do right before heading to bed.

I have no experience with lich scripts, so can't help with that.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: skinning - problem with "skin target" 09/27/2021 06:52 PM CDT

I am pretty sure I fired by crossbow at every single monster. Or ewaved them (or other things that would get me credit via exp).

I think there is a bug here
Re: skinning - problem with "skin target" 09/27/2021 07:14 PM CDT
Critters stop being targeted when you take an action against another one. Can't target more then one at a time....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: skinning - problem with "skin target" 09/27/2021 09:09 PM CDT

However the "loot" command works would be good for the "skin" command. I never get a problem message on "looting" and I can wait to do it until the room is clear, and I don't have to type the critters name or make scripts to do it.

Looks like we need a "skin" review.