Locksmith Pool Request 07/11/2021 04:32 PM CDT

Once again I'm requesting an option for locksmiths to work the bottom of the tip pool up, rather then always from top to bottom. I assume this is not a big issue in prime with the numbers, and such, but in plat it's a real issue for the lower level community. Most of the boxes put into the pool are level 60+, and typically have higher tips then the lower level people can produce. It ends up leaving the lowbie boxes in the pool for upwards of several weeks unless several locksmiths get word and we all work together to forcefully empty the pool queue. Meaning we have to make the choice to all work the queue at the same time/day and not at a more natural, casual pace.

I would love the option to just set a flag or something that'll allow me to just work from low to high on tips. Zakken don't pick for the tips, it's how he progresses as a character, and he loves just tinkering with boxes. I'd much rather "slum it up" in the lowbie boxes, getting less silver and xp, just to make sure their boxes get opened in a more timely mannor.
Re: Locksmith Pool Request 07/11/2021 04:39 PM CDT
I agree with this.

Other simple fixes would be to have the merchant say (when you are tipping a % for instance) "x% tip on the box will be x amount. is this acceptable?" if it isn't then you could chose "no" and go back and put in a flat rate amount instead.

or

Instead of always having to lose your tip when taking back a box off the table before it's picked put a time limit on that so that, say, if it's been a week on there and still not picked you can take your boxes back for free.

Thanks.
Re: Locksmith Pool Request 07/12/2021 04:48 PM CDT
I'm all for this request, except, I'd rather just have it offer the oldest box first. No reason to prefer recently-added low tip boxes, over weeks-old medium tip boxes.
Re: Locksmith Pool Request 07/12/2021 10:55 PM CDT
A community solution would be for the majority of platinum to agree to depositing boxes at a fixed amount of 100 silvers for any box whether it be a level 1 box or a level 100 box. If all boxes are in the pool at the same amount then the scenario where low level boxes might possibly remain in the pool forever due to the tip amount being low compared to high level boxes would be avoided.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Locksmith Pool Request 07/12/2021 11:01 PM CDT
100 silvers, in your example, could possibly work. However, a vaalin lockpick costs $125k plus or minus and thats 1250 boxes a rogue has to pick just to cover the cost of that one pick. Thats quite the ask for rogues to pick that much in hopes of paying for a pick...providing the pick lasts 1250 boxes. Ive gone over 1500 boxes without breaking any type pick but at 100 silvers per box, its not an enticing career path.
Re: Locksmith Pool Request 07/13/2021 12:14 PM CDT
This is only a problem if not enough people are picking the pool....

Alternate solution: Roll up a rogue and pick the pool.

- Andreas