Playershop Raffles and other Distributions 03/29/2021 07:22 PM CDT
Has there been any further work done on doing another playershop raffle or something else to distribute abandoned shops? From the 2019 raffles, there were remaining shops, and I'm sure more have come available in the 2 years since. It was said there would be future raffles, but that hasn't occurred yet.
Re: Playershop Raffles and other Distributions 03/29/2021 07:46 PM CDT
+1 great question
Re: Playershop Raffles and other Distributions 04/27/2021 05:39 PM CDT
Any official word on this yet?
Re: Playershop Raffles and other Distributions 06/10/2021 06:48 AM CDT

Would like an answer to this either acknowledging that there will be no future raffles, that there will be, or that there is some plan at all.

Bueller...Bueller...
Re: Playershop Raffles and other Distributions 10/06/2021 06:18 AM CDT
Request for comment #3. Any updates?
Re: Playershop Raffles and other Distributions 10/23/2021 11:23 AM CDT

They don't seem to like the subject about playershop for some reason. Might be there is no money in it for them.
Re: Playershop Raffles and other Distributions 10/25/2021 03:53 AM CDT
>>They don't seem to like the subject about playershop for some reason. Might be there is no money in it for them.

PlayerShops are currently overseen by a single GameMaster, and that GameMaster has been busy outside the game. The reason for radio silence is there isn't anyone around right now to answer these questions.

As was pointed out, the deeding system to sell new shops isn't currently available, as we still have players who will abandon their shop by not entering it, using a SHOP command, and/or not having the rent. Each situation is different, but shop replacement has been granted under extreme circumstances. This is one factor in why new shops have not been available.

The shop system also puts a lot of strain on the game. I've talked about this in the past and even at SimuCon. I don't see this going away without either drastically reducing the shop system, which will likely not go over well, or redesigning it from the ground up, which has already pushed a few GMs out. Unfortunately, they were designed and coded before my time on staff, and there is no turning back the gears of time to resolve the issues.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Playershop Raffles and other Distributions 10/25/2021 12:37 PM CDT
Thank you for that update, Wyrom. Not trying to speak for the OP, but I appreciate that someone official could give an update.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.