Personality typing and your character 05/28/2019 11:29 AM CDT
OK, I cannot be the only person who has gotten interested in the Enneagram or Myers-Briggs Type Indicator over the years. And I know these boards have been dead for a while, but I'd love to have some more of the deep discussions we've had in the past. I would like to know: what personality type do you think your characters are?

Here are a couple links to short type descriptions in these two popular systems.
Enneagram: https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/introduction#types
MBTI: https://www.careerplanner.com/MB2/Temperaments.cfm

To avoid drowning everyone in details I only linked to the simpler "temperaments" for MBTI, as opposed to the 16 four-letter types, but if you know your character's full type, go for it.

Finally, if you dare, share what type(s) you the player are.

Z
Re: Personality typing and your character 05/28/2019 11:55 AM CDT
No where on either list do I see "irrevocably crazy" so I'll just go with "Improvisors" for most of mine.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Personality typing and your character 05/28/2019 11:56 AM CDT
A very interesting question, thank you for posting it!

Looking at the Enneagram inventory, I'd say that Ysharra and Xanthium have a strong tendency towards Type 6, the Loyalists, though Ysharra's conflicts with some strong Type 4 (the Individualist) interference, where she always feels unsafe, unstable, that things will always go wrong (type 6), but also driven to be impulsive in how she deals with such conflicts (Individualist). Xanthium can be the same, but I think she's much more comfortable with being ignorant, and lets herself learn and improve.

I'd rate them both as being somewhere between an INFP (the Healers/Dreamers) and the ISFJ (the Protectors), as both of them are very intuitive and have a great deal of perception. Despite being fairly gregarious, both women bond with relatively few people in strong relationships.

I might post more as I read about the rest of the types, thank you!

-GK!
Re: Personality typing and your character 05/28/2019 11:59 AM CDT
Oh, an addendum:

The unhealthier your character is (or, I guess, you are!) they less they will resemble any particular type description. However, some typing websites include descriptions for unhealthy versions of the types, which are fascinating, and can actually be useful in terms of narrowing down type.

For instance, one of the "unhealthy levels" for type 6 includes the description: "Level 8: Feeling persecuted, that others are "out to get them," they lash-out and act irrationally, bringing about what they fear. Fanaticism, violence." Hm, sounds familiar somehow... These more in-depth descriptions can be found at https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-descriptions.
Re: Personality typing and your character 05/30/2019 12:28 PM CDT
Well, my attempt to enliven the boards fell slightly flat as we mostly just discussed on the discord. Still, discussion is discussion! For the record, J would also be a 6. And I intend to try for another boards discussion as soon as I have a suitable topic...

Z (who is a 5/INTJ)
Re: Personality typing and your character 06/21/2019 02:49 PM CDT
I think I was an Ejnp and for insights I'm blue, green, yellow, then red. I think Geijon is a lot more green, yellow and red though.