post cap multi-classing 07/07/2018 12:43 PM CDT
I was intrigued by the comments on post-cap multi-classing.

If you could multi-class post cap, what class would you choose and how would you rp the choice to compliment your main class?

--Regwen

A silver glow surrounds Regwen briefly.

Lheren says, "The Lord of Night has heard you, it seems."
Re: post cap multi-classing 07/07/2018 01:26 PM CDT
Good question!

Each one would have to be unique and different. But for the Elf, a non-spiritual, non-sorcerous path would be the path of choice. Mental (maybe savant?) or arms (paladin / monk). It would be his coming of age, time to put away the toys of youth and focus on the disciplines required as an adult.

Doug
Re: post cap multi-classing 07/07/2018 02:36 PM CDT

Oh, this is so easy.

A Bardess and a Bardess

Because bards never stop learning their craft. (Also see: there's never enough training points to learn everything you set out to...)

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: post cap multi-classing 07/07/2018 05:17 PM CDT

I already consider my main mage as multi.

Healer and priest because he carries every tincture and the right scrolls, and a major sanctuary item if it is a tough spot.
Fiterish with his claidh, and rangerish because he can wield a bow.

If spells from another class could be added I would go with ranger, dex and blues are almost overkill.

:D

Askip
Re: post cap multi-classing 07/07/2018 06:42 PM CDT
With the existing classes, probably Sorcerer/Wizard. Though Sorcerer/Empath would be very tempting, assuming it is limited to dual classes.

Otherwise I would want Sorcerer/Savant, except that would likely be more costly. It would reinforce RP rather than change it.

- Xorus' player

A robust goblin champion falls to her knees giving off half-terrified squeals.
Re: post cap multi-classing 07/07/2018 06:46 PM CDT
I'd pretty much do what Xorus said, except swap wizard and sorcerer.

With the existing classes, I'd do Wizard/Sorcerer. If Savants were on the table, definitely Wizard/Savant. (Or... Wizard/Sorcerer/Savant?!)

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: post cap multi-classing 07/07/2018 08:23 PM CDT
My jackbooted thug, Gavrien, would be Bard/Rogue, no question. That's basically how I play him right now as it is, so it'd just be reinforcing the existing roleplay choices with, say, access to rogue guild spaces, rogue guild skills, certain cmans, that sort of thing.

My punchpath, Mourne, would be torn between Empath/Monk or Empath/Ranger. Monk, to reinforce the current path of physically-oriented mentalist/spiritualist with the minor mental sphere and monk cmans as flavor/supporting abilities on tap, Ranger to reinforce their outdoorsy trail-raised background and allow them to follow in parental footsteps to some degree, as well as resonate more with their Wild Hunt quasi-religious philosophy.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: post cap multi-classing 07/07/2018 11:31 PM CDT
>If you could multi-class post cap, what class would you choose and how would you rp the choice to compliment your main class?

Cleric/bard. No character shift needed! That's what Leafi already is RP-wise, since she's a rather boisterous cleric and a follower of Tilamaire--the spirit of music and dance. She also loves flaring weapons and watching magical explosions all over the place, which bards are very good at!

To be honest, though, I've thought about this question many times and I could justify anything for Leafi other than cleric/paladin or cleric/sorcerer.

Cleric/warrior? I could see it; she loves the front lines of the battlefield and pushing through injury with guts and determination.
Cleric/rogue? Sure, she's a lover of mischief (Tilamaire is the servant of Cholen, after all) and constantly praises the Rooks' intel-gathering abilities.
Cleric/monk? Why not. Brawling was the first weapon choice I took with her that felt right (after switching away from THW and OHE) and she loves fighting swarms of enemies, so Provoke would fit perfectly.
Cleric/ranger? She grew up in the sylvan woods and her dad is a ranger--and she takes after him more than her mom--so totally believable.
Cleric/empath? Hey, she's wanted to dedicate her life to rescuing, so why not be able to raise and heal all at once? This is more a stretch than the others, though, since she doesn't like studying magic.
Cleric/wizard? Like I said, she loves watching magical explosions all over the place. Wizards are the best at that. This is even more a stretch than empaths, though, since it's a completely different field of magic.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: post cap multi-classing 07/08/2018 04:46 AM CDT
Warrior and rogue would have to be Wizard. What's not to like about getting 60 spells for the same TP cost I paid for the 4 I currently have? True cap with the points that currently only get me 0.5x getting 2x and 3x instead. Running out of things to train a lot faster would be boring, but at least it would be powerful.

True cap in 3 years of heavy play rather than 7 years seems like a bad move to me, for something that is supposed to give extra life to post cap characters. I've been down that road with a monk, who ran out of things to train inside a year of heavy play, I'd much rather have a character that isn't about to hit a dead end.