Got Frenemies? 03/30/2017 09:28 AM CDT

Does your character have a frenemie or nemisis? Inquiring minds want to know!

I enjoy conflict as long as it stays IC. Your thoughts?

<<You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. Winston Churchill>>
Re: Got Frenemies? 03/30/2017 09:04 PM CDT
I enjoy IC conflict too, when all parties behind the keyboards are enjoying themselves. Most of my characters to date have been decidedly non-confrontational, with the glaring exception of the surly jackass currently occupying my attention. And I try to keep it very interactive and very obviously IC and enjoyable with him, to the best of my ability.

Gav defaults to being wary of everyone to varying degrees based on race to start, but Faendryl in particular are assumed hostile unless proven otherwise -- while also being the most familiar. Ones that show some overt disregard, haughtiness, or disdain for him directly, or that he has some reason to be squinty-eyed about, end up on a particular highlight list. Ones who take it further with their behavior or attitude get put on another highlight list.

Of those lists, right now he's got... three or four on the 'particularly wary' list and just one on the 'would not urinate on you if you were on fire' list.

His closest friendship, though, started off as an escalating rivalry of mutual antagonism. So you never know.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Got Frenemies? 03/31/2017 10:36 AM CDT
>Most of my characters to date have been decidedly non-confrontational, with the glaring exception of the surly jackass currently occupying my attention.

I very much enjoy provoking Gav's grumpiness :D

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Got Frenemies? 04/06/2017 05:08 PM CDT
>I very much enjoy provoking Gav's grumpiness :D

But Gav is such an even-tempered and cheery fellow. (Says his deluded sister but nobody else, ever.)
Re: Got Frenemies? 04/07/2017 02:37 PM CDT

The last time Cordaleigh crossed paths with Gav he was practically verbose. Hopefully he wasn't coming
down with something. It would be a pity if his hair relapsed.
Re: Got Frenemies? 04/07/2017 03:38 PM CDT
>I very much enjoy provoking Gav's grumpiness :D -Maylan

>But Gav is such an even-tempered and cheery fellow. (Says his deluded sister but nobody else, ever.)

>The last time Cordaleigh crossed paths with Gav he was practically verbose. Hopefully he wasn't coming down with something. It would be a pity if his hair relapsed.

Aw, shucks, ladies. You really know how to sweet-talk a guy.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Got Frenemies? 04/18/2017 12:34 PM CDT
Ysharra used to have two principle frenemies, Mnar and Juspera, the three of them engaged in a diverse field of mental and physical torment on an almost nightly basis way back during the GSS storyline. There were other conflicts, of course, but those two had been her friends prior to the Sword being shattered and then they wound up on opposite sides of the war from each other.

In the current day, we're working on it, definitely made some progress this past weekend, heh. Ysharra's not blatant about her proclivities, but she doesn't hide them, either. She had a recent interaction with one of the militia captains who started to tell her some personal theories and Ysharra felt obligated to warn her that she was talking to someone who participated (at least verbally) in Bad Things, even some Very Bad Things. Also, my ranger is, as described recently, a walking impulse and here and there I have to take ownership of some really bad decisions and poor judgment, which often set the stage for said "frenemies", potentially.

All the back and forth, now and then, have been in-character, and mutually enjoyable, in fact, I'd rate them as some of my favorite memories. However, I'd be lying if I said there weren't a few times I felt really bad for Ysharra on this end, too. We put a lot of ourselves into our muses, and watching her do something stupid or get herself hurt leaves a mark on me, too. Thankfully there's plenty of friends on both sides (or no sides) to help she and I get some perspective.

-GK
Re: Got Frenemies? 04/18/2017 12:52 PM CDT
>I'd be lying if I said there weren't a few times I felt really bad for Ysharra on this end, too. We put a lot of ourselves into our muses, and watching her do something stupid or get herself hurt leaves a mark on me, too. ~GK

Right on the money.