Seeking a Mentor 12/11/2016 09:27 PM CST
I hope this is an okay topic to post in. I couldn't find anything that sounded more suitable.

I'm back after years away and seeking a Mentor type figure for my character Wyrenne. She's a Faendryl Warrior who aspires to join the Palestra someday but has had very little exposure to Faendryl culture and has only recently struck out on her own adventures. She's polite and friendly but she also thinks life is a dark comedy. She laughs a lot even at things that probably shouldn't be laughed at and while she's not actively malicious she definitely suffers from a lack of empathy and a belief that the strong eat the weak and that's just how it goes and how it should be. Because of that she's fairly reckless and aggressive with a work hard play hard mindset.

Ideal person for her is probably a Faendryl or Warrior or both but anyone who can more or less match her philosophy would be great. Men and women are both welcome and romance potential is fine as I can take it or leave it.

I generally don't like to talk OOC much if it isn't related to game matters but just for the record I as a player am as sane as anyone playing a MUD in the final days of 2016 can be, I'm not looking for handouts and I won't bring you any drama that isn't strictly IC.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Re: Seeking a Mentor 12/11/2016 09:32 PM CST
If you aren't aware of it already, there is a Faendryl culture-specific MHO that may be right up your alley called the Faendryl Enclave. They have a folder of their own on the forums (in the MHO section), and they have regular meetings that are open to the public. I've found every one of their members quite approachable both in game and out. I'll let someone else who is actually a member of the Enclave speak further on their behalf.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Seeking a Mentor 12/12/2016 12:19 AM CST
Seeing as you are interested in the Palestra as well, there's a couple of us around. If you catch me out and about be certain to say Hi. Durakar's outlook doesn't quite match yours but he is always up to help potential new Palestra out. The other PC Palestra you can keep an eye out for and at least introduce yourself to in game would be Aurach, Noira, and Arku.

And as EK said, the Faendryl Enclave would be a great way to get in with several of the more active Faendryl around.

What town(s) are you around and planning to hunt from?

Speaking in Faendryl, Jahosk says, "You will now be known as Blade Durakar, the Palestra."
Re: Seeking a Mentor 12/13/2016 12:12 AM CST
I did notice the Faendryl Enclave a few days ago. I was planning to drop into the event they're having with the Dhe'nar on the 22nd and see who I could manage to meet. Also re: towns, I'm in the Landing/Icemule/Solhaven area and will probably stay there as much as possible since that's where most of the people seem to be. I'm in GOS so I can find something to do anywhere though.
Re: Seeking a Mentor 12/17/2016 12:03 PM CST
>>I did notice the Faendryl Enclave a few days ago. I was planning to drop into the event they're having with the Dhe'nar on the 22nd and see who I could manage to meet. Also re: towns, I'm in the Landing/Icemule/Solhaven area and will probably stay there as much as possible since that's where most of the people seem to be. I'm in GOS so I can find something to do anywhere though.

Please do come. Feel free to reach out to me (Debia) directly on the day of, but there will be announcements in game starting an hour beforehand. We'll be gathering outside of the Landing, in Hearthstone courtyard, which is all the way north once through the north gate.

If you have questions beforehand, feel free to THINK, ;chat (if you're using lich) or email me at Debia@ObsidianTower.com . I'm representing the Dhe'nar side but I can put you in touch with the Faendryl counterparts.

~ The girl behind Debia

You swing an invar-hilted serrated glaes falchion at an Ithzir seer!
Amazingly, the Ithzir seer manages to parry the attack with her staff!
The scintillating Debia swings an invar-hilted serrated glaes falchion at you