Curious 11/06/2016 09:44 AM CST
I'm curious about how many LGBT characters there are wandering Elanthia (whether or not the players behind them identify as such). Over the years I've seen a few that, based on the way they're RPed and/or dressed, could be... but never actually had anyone confirm it that I can remember (not that I've ever asked either OOC or in character).

If anyone reading this does have one, how do you express it in your day to day RP?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Curious 11/06/2016 11:05 AM CST
>If anyone reading this does have one, how do you express it in your day to day RP?

You can tell which character of mine is homosexual because he does gay stuff all the time. You know what I mean: bounties, hunting, warcamping, casting mass spells, fletching, and occasionally imbedding for his friends. The usual gay stuff.
Re: Curious 11/06/2016 11:51 AM CST
I've found it far more practical to determine on the basis of actions than appearance and mannerisms. I mean, certainly there's stereotypes, but it's just so much easier (and more fun!) to flirt with them and see whether they flirt back than to try and guess just from looking at them. Sometimes girls are just butch, not lesbians, and sometimes men are just flamboyant, not gay.
Re: Curious 11/06/2016 12:24 PM CST
>If anyone reading this does have one, how do you express it in your day to day RP? -Starchitin

The only time orientation of one of mine is going to be expressed, really, is in the obvious fashion - who they appear to respond to as a romantic or sexual interest. I've seen some who wave their flag openly and/or have some conflict surrounding their orientation baked into their backstory. I've seen some who don't feel the need to point it out, just love whom they love and get on with their individual lives. Much like in real life, though we have the obvious advantage of being able to choose our role and manufacture our own history here.

I also have an intersex character where it's mostly expressed via androgynous features; genital configuration is not something that has ever come up in casual conversation, nor do I wish it to.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Curious 11/07/2016 01:20 AM CST
There is a decently sized lgbt player population in GS, though not all may choose to rp their characters as such. Likewise, there are several lgbt characters played by heterosexual players. When it comes to identifying those characters, the last two posts are very accurate regarding the various rp styles.

tl;dr They're around. You aren't alone.
Re: Curious 11/07/2016 07:53 AM CST

>You aren't alone.

OMG THEY'VE BEEN USING THE SAME BATHHOUSE FOR YEARS!!!!
Re: Curious 11/07/2016 09:23 AM CST
<OMG THEY'VE BEEN USING THE SAME BATHHOUSE FOR YEARS!!!!>

COL headquarters wasn't destroyed because they're evil... they were simply too FABULOUS!

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Curious 11/07/2016 01:10 PM CST

What is lgbt? Sorry fir my ignorance.
Re: Curious 11/07/2016 01:18 PM CST
<What is lgbt? Sorry fir my ignorance.>

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender

Starchitin

Re: Curious 11/24/2016 05:46 PM CST
I do not have any idea how many, but I do miss Islyia. It was interesting to have a guy playing a lesbian character, and I think he did it quite well.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"