Displaying your disinterest 12/05/2015 05:16 AM CST
There is a topic in the items and inventory folder about procuring items to display one is not interested in a relationship, as a sort of opposite of a wedding ring. I figured I would inquire here and see how people RP presenting themselves as disinterested in a relationship of some sort.
Re: Displaying your disinterest 12/07/2015 08:34 AM CST
By playing a filthy, dirty old halfling with about two marbles rolling around that sometimes sniffs glue.

He's never been hit on...not even once!

I have a female character about now, so I'm interested to see what other tricks I have up my sleeve.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Displaying your disinterest 12/07/2015 10:00 AM CST
>>By playing a filthy, dirty old halfling with about two marbles rolling around that sometimes sniffs glue.<<

Kaldonis' true love is out there SOMEWHERE! :)

I think it all comes down to personality and demeanor. Wedding bands still don't help deter people from my experience.

~Kayse

(OOC) You quietly whisper to Riend, "What's the verb for glancing at someone and exhaling?"
(OOC) Farain's player whispers, "I think its kiss farain."
Re: Displaying your disinterest 12/11/2015 12:27 PM CST
Well, with Astru, I usually have her hide in the bushes because she finds these situations awkward and doesn't know how to handle them. She's also pretty good at hiding so usually it puts a stop to any further interaction.

I haven't decided how to handle things with my other character because I sort of want her to be a bit flirty, but I don't really want to deal with anything other than flirting. So far I think I've been having her break out the flask and brag about her abilities to hold her alcohol, but there haven't been too many situations where this has come up with her so I don't have a very good strategy.
Re: Displaying your disinterest 12/11/2015 11:40 PM CST

My character that's flirty (admittedly, over the top with it) is absolutely gross. Body odor, food-riddled beard (she's a dwarf,) stains all over, etc. So far, it's kept everyone at bay, even when she hits on them. Granted, I play in Plat, smaller community, less likely that someone will actually RP being into that, ha!