This past weekends invasion 10/06/2014 10:25 AM CDT
Hi!

Not sure where to put this, so if someone needs to move it to a better forum topic, please do!

Firstly, this is not a complaint at all. I enjoyed watching it all transpire....

When I played years ago (10+ years), these types of invasions were mild and there were far, far more players around to take part. As essentially a new player, I had no idea what was happening initially, and the few responses I could get were from others who were ignoring it or didn't know either. Mein Golems, Airships, undead Militia in huge numbers. I finally did find one of these "pylon" things about town but never got any response on how to help, so I just watched. Until golems fell from the sky and obliterated me.

If there is a post, or thread of posts, that can help me understand what the devil was going on, I would appreciate it! I've love to at least read up and try and figure out what the blazes was going on.

Oh, and does this happen often? This is only my second weekend back in full force.

cheers,

Grim
Re: This past weekends invasion 10/06/2014 11:13 AM CDT
Under Quests and Sagas, in the folder "Cross Into Shadows". The invasion this weekend was part of that storyline.

There are some helpful citizens in Wehnimer's Landing who will also be happy to bring your character up to date in an IC way.

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
Re: This past weekends invasion 10/06/2014 02:52 PM CDT
<Oh, and does this happen often? This is only my second weekend back in full force.

Since your absence and return we have had the good fortune to experience some really cool stuff from some really good GM's. You didn't mention what training your character(s) happen to be but if fairly young there is some pretty neat stuff they can do as well. There are a lot of characters in-game who can help you find your niche if you aren't able to stand toe to toe during an invasion. I recommend finding Ephya in-game to learn about the towers and the rooftops. I know there are more out there who know of their usage but right now I'm sort of brain dead from a project I've been working on.

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Re: This past weekends invasion 10/06/2014 03:10 PM CDT
I was awake enough to be aware during a recent wee hours invasion and went out to help after a call for another infuser for the cliffs pylon. The command "Infuse pylon" let me help charge the pylon for firing. On the beach below, prepping Fire Spirit then clicking on a ship listing in the room description opened a menu with cast as a choice that started a fire on the ship to help destroy it.

Sleeping the entire evening away can do wonders for playing at those silly hours that are inflicted upon the eastern folk. Wasn't imitating a mellow clueless zombie that night. <g>

Tanivar Somakre

"Healing, you want it, you shall have it."