Design some Flora (and Fauna) 07/01/2020 09:54 PM CDT
Are you a ranger or do you just play one in TV (see what I did there)? Are you an avid lover of nature, even if it’s swarmed with bugs and things? Do you ever think, “Well, hey, I bet that flower would look cool if only it had a bazillion other things done better?”

Well, now’s your chance to add your thoughts to the world around you. We are looking for bits of flora and fauna to spice things up!

Here are the requirements:

One flora and one fauna

Each item must have:
* Name/Description (base 15/15/15)
* A blurb with information on the item/geography of the area.
* Climate where it can be found
* Terrain where it can be found

Geographical biomes to choose from:
* Tropical/subtropical
* Temperate
* Dry
* Polar/Montane
* Aquatic

Ten winners will be chosen from the submitted entries. Players may submit up to three entries per account, but will only be eligible for one prize per account. As with all contests, entries are subject to change based on the discretion of GMs and QC. Deadline for entries is July 31, 2020, and winners will be selected during the first week of August.

All entries should include:
* Account name:
* E-mail address:
* Character name:
* Entry:

Subject line: (Character name) Flora and Fauna Contest

Now, let’s talk prizes! Winners will received their choice of:
* An experience modifying RP award.
* 100,000 silvers
* Common flares added to any plain runestaff, weapon, armor, or shield that is 5x or under (Choice of: heat, cold, electric, vacuum, mana, acuity, or impact).
* A single feature alterations
* A single lighten or deepen for an item.
* A custom tattoo
* A simple description alteration
* Recharge of 10 charges to a magical of enhancive item
* Temporary “heavy” weighting or padding to any plain weapon/armor 5x or under.
* 100,000 silvers worth of weighting, padding, or sighting. The 100,000 silvers may be used toward a discount of one, and only one, partial service.

Please submit entries to gs4-xeraphina@play.net.

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to seeing your entries!

>Scurry my little ants! Scurry to be insulted by a hairdresser and then murdered by the Jason Mamoa of Arkati!
Re: Design some Flora (and Fauna) 07/16/2020 09:45 PM CDT
Hey, everyone!

We are more than halfway to the deadline for this contest! I'll be posting a list of names of those whose entries we've received so far in the next few days. Just a reminder to get yours in!

>Scurry my little ants! Scurry to be insulted by a hairdresser and then murdered by the Jason Mamoa of Arkati!
Re: Design some Flora (and Fauna) 07/25/2020 08:40 PM CDT
Current entries for this contest:

* Darcena
* Elaejia
* Naamit

There's less than 1 week to get your entries in. If you have submitted an entry but do not see your name listed, please let me know. Thanks!

Re: Design some Flora (and Fauna) 08/02/2020 05:00 PM CDT
The contest is now closed! Below are the names of the entries received. If you do not see your name listed and you believe you sent your entry in by the deadline, please be sure to forward your orginal email to me at gs4-xeraphina@play.net.

* Darcena
* Elaejia
* Naamit
* Veramilion
* Faerinn
* Saarosh
* Alisaire
* Kioya
* Ysaeril

Please note, despite there being less than 10 entries, winners will be decided based on complete entries (see original post for contest and entry rules).

Re: Design some Flora (and Fauna) - WINNERS 08/12/2020 01:14 PM CDT
Hey, y'all! I realized after I rechecked this that I left someone off! This is what happens when you try to rush things. This has been properly updated and fixed! SORRY!

Re: Design some Flora (and Fauna) - WINNERS 08/12/2020 01:16 PM CDT
Hey, everyone! So sorry for the delay in this! Listed below are the winners of this contest:

* Alisaire
* Darcena
* Elaejia
* Faerinn
* Kioya
* Naamit
* Saarosh
* Veramillion
* Ysaeril

Thank you so much to everyone who submitted entries! Be sure to place an ASSIST for your contest wins. As a reminder, these are the prizes:
* An experience modifying RP award.
* 100,000 silvers
* Common flares added to any plain runestaff, weapon, armor, or shield that is 5x or under (Choice of: heat, cold, electric, vacuum, mana, acuity, or impact).
* A single feature alterations
* A single lighten or deepen for an item.
* A custom tattoo
* A simple description alteration
* Recharge of 10 charges to a magical of enhancive item
* Temporary “heavy” weighting or padding to any plain weapon/armor 5x or under.
* 100,000 silvers worth of weighting, padding, or sighting. The 100,000 silvers may be used toward a discount of one, and only one, partial service.

(The initial post left off a winner and I am so sorry about that. This is why you shouldn't rush things.)

Re: Design some Flora (and Fauna) - WINNERS 08/20/2020 10:02 PM CDT
Hey, y'all! So, I forgot to mention this in the original post, so wanted to make sure this got added in. I'm placing a deadline for the LAST DAY POSSIBLE to place your assist to get your prize: September 5, 2020. Again, this is the LAST DAY POSSIBLE to place your assist to claim your prize from this contest. I know DR has a lot of people focused on that, which is why I'm letting this lapse into the following month. If your assist is NOT placed before the deadline, you forfeit your win. Thanks!

Re: Design some Flora (and Fauna) - WINNERS 09/01/2020 06:13 PM CDT
Hey, y'all. Just dropping a friendly reminder that if you were one of the winners for the Flora/Fauna or Clothing contests run in July, the ABSOLUTE LAST DAY to assist to get in the queue for redemption is 9/5/2020. AGAIN, THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE LAST DAY TO ASSIST TO REDEEM YOUR PRIZE. If you do not assist by this time, you will forfeit your win.