Elanthian trees 01/31/2019 02:13 AM CST
Are there any epically massive species of tree in Elanthia? Think giant sequoia large.

~ The girl behind Debia
Check out my website: www.ElanthianEvents.com
Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AngelofSharath
Re: Elanthian trees 01/31/2019 09:19 AM CST
https://gswiki.play.net/Elanthian_Flora_Guide/Trees

Maoral
Maoral: The huge, tropical maoral is the only truly deciduous conifer. It sheds all its needles every autumn. The needles are only about an inch long. In spring they are a bright golden-yellow-green, in summer a warm blue-green, darker than the modwirs, and rich golden tan in the autumn. In spring, just before the new needles appear, the maorals are aglow with blossoms, the male flowers a pure shade of white, the females bright red with green tips, all of them very small. The female flowers mature into tiny cones, no more than three-quarters of an inch long, which stay on the tree all winter, shedding seeds. Maoral grows very tall and slender, sometimes as much as two hundred feet high with a trunk diameter of six feet. The tree is of slow growth, taking as long as two hundred and fifty years to reach a trunk diameter of twenty inches. Maorals prefer damp soil and often grow at the edges of swamps, but can sometimes be found well up on hillsides as long as the climate is moderate. They are essentially a tropical tree. Maoral wood is heavy and durable, and of a distinct reddish color. Maoral wood tends to be expensive, due the to slow growth of the tree. The Sylvans have been known to use maoral rootlets to sew haon bark together and make light, airy, temporary dwellings.

This was the tallest one I saw in that document, but I may have missed some as I was scanning quickly.

--Jen
>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops, "Really. Men are jerks at times."
Re: Elanthian trees 01/31/2019 06:29 PM CST
All of Yuriqen, the sylvan home city, is built in the boughs of seven huge modwirs. Each one houses one of their d'ahranals. It's also worth saying that pretty much any plant that exists on Earth could exist in Elanthia, so sequoia themselves might exist.

https://gswiki.play.net/Avawren