Question on 'Alter 8'/out of genre 10/04/2017 06:02 PM CDT
Clearly, we've got a ton of Japanese-named things nowadays. (Naginata, nagamaki, katana, and so on.)

Two questions:
1) Are 'obi' (belt), 'zori' (straw sandals like flip-flop), and 'tabi' (divided sock-like things [indoor shoes], that coincidentally fit into zori [like in cold weather]), permitted? Also 'hakama', the wide-legged pants you some times see.
2) If 'yes' to the second & third... are they a valid noun for UAC footgear? (Tabi would be most like 'footwraps', inasmuch as they're soft. But zori are, well, sandals, and sandals are allowed, I think.)

Hey, if I'm going to play a Monk, I wanna play me a MONK, dang it! :)
Re: Question on 'Alter 8'/out of genre 10/04/2017 06:20 PM CDT
Oh, yeah, one more:
- The wiki says, "Pretty much anything cloth or fabric based and worn on the torso", so even though they're 'robes' they don't have to remain robes, right? Jacket, tunic, tabard, singlet, doublet, jupe, jupon, uwagi... ?
Re: Question on 'Alter 8'/out of genre 10/04/2017 06:39 PM CDT

>>Oh, yeah, one more:
>>- The wiki says, "Pretty much anything cloth or fabric based and worn on the torso", so even though they're 'robes' they don't have to remain robes, right? Jacket, tunic, tabard, singlet, doublet, jupe, jupon, uwagi... ?

Briarmoon cove was the first merchant event I've seen that debuted the new relaxed robe restrictions. I personally liked the crisscrossed straps and enchanted up the set I bought immediately afterwards. Being able to wear just a sash...well I didn't want to feel like I was seducing something hostile but I'm glad the option is there.

a black silk shirt with silver cuffs Forest armor AsG: 1 300000
a floor-length black-to-white plumille gown
some crisscrossed wide cotton straps
some wide-sleeved storm grey robes with veniom threading
a silver-edged emerald silk sash
Re: Question on 'Alter 8'/out of genre 10/04/2017 07:04 PM CDT

your Ms. Elanthia sash can be superbly padded T4 voln robes
Re: Question on 'Alter 8'/out of genre 10/04/2017 07:53 PM CDT
>>superbly padded T4 voln robes

Wait. What?

Doug
Re: Question on 'Alter 8'/out of genre 10/04/2017 08:22 PM CDT
"a silver-edged emerald silk sash"
"your Ms. Elanthia sash can be superbly padded T4 voln robes"

WONDROUSLY padded, thank you. <simper>

"Here she is... MS E-lanthia..."
"Wait. What?"
Re: Question on 'Alter 8'/out of genre 10/04/2017 11:13 PM CDT
>>>Clearly, we've got a ton of Japanese-named things nowadays. (Naginata, nagamaki, katana, and so on.)
>>>Two questions:

I have forwarded these questions to our amazing QC gurus to see what they think. I, too, like new words to work with, but we'll see what they say.

GameMaster Necios
Events team
QCer
Champion of subject/verb agreement
Honorary BADNAME committee chair

Annanasi says, "The symbol of the Arkati Necios is a cuddly teddy bear on a field of pink."
Re: Question on 'Alter 8'/out of genre 10/05/2017 08:29 AM CDT
Domo.
Re: Question on 'Alter 8'/out of genre 01/21/2018 05:57 PM CST
A new Quarter... any word on permissibility?