History of Elanthia document question 05/06/2017 09:32 PM CDT
Here is the document that I'm referring to: https://gswiki.play.net/History_of_Elanthia
Specifically the section entitled "The Beginning"

Is "The Beginning" considered to be IC information? It's the origin of the world and all, but is that something our characters would feasibly have a way of knowing? I know the story is not available in the actual game, but many RP docs are available only out of game.

I'm writing something new, and big, and meant to be used IC and I would love to incorporate this into it.

~ The girl behind Debia

Check out my websites!
www.obsidiantower.com
www.dhenar.com
Coming soon: www.noishorah.com
Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/angelofsharath
Re: History of Elanthia document question 05/07/2017 12:42 PM CDT
Drawn from the Collected Libraries of Illistim by Meachreasim Illistim, First Master of Lore

Its an Illistim document so if you have access to Illistim there's no reason not to reference it as such in your own works.

There might be other documents behind that, or there might be nothing and Meachreasim might just have made it up in order to have a Beginning. It can't be clearly false to an Illistim elf though another race might have a rather different origin story of its own.
Re: History of Elanthia document question 05/07/2017 10:41 PM CDT
There is probably an in-game "book" copy of it in Library Aies in Ta'Illistim. You can check to see if the creation myth was included in it.

The religious lore is really deeply self-contradictory, so I always take those things with extra grains of salt.

- Xorus' player

(The kiramon document is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that is supposed to be OOC.)

>'=explain Who would deny, after all, that a rhetorical question is merely a statement?
You may not explain with a sentence ending in a question mark.