Rovvigen and Beloran's Wedding 12/22/2016 07:21 AM CST
On Volnes, Eorgaen 19th, 5116 Rovvigen and Beloran exchange vows to each other using a centuries old tradition of the handfasting cord at the Ice Caverns. Wedding Coordinator Maesie and Wedding Attendant Tanecia usher in guest as they arrive.

By: Elder Seer Rovvigen Aniket

A crier hurries up to you, pausing briefly to catch his breath, then unfurls a small scroll and announces in a clear, loud voice, "Hear ye, hear ye! Please join Event Planner Rovvigen and Great Lord Beloran as they gather to celebrate their love and their travels along the path of life together!"

He continues, "Those citizens holding an invitation to the wedding, please proceed to the nearest wedding portal, as the ceremony will begin in 10 minutes!" He quickly rolls the scroll back up, tucking it into his vest pocket, and hurries off to continue his rounds.

Tanecia exclaims, "Enjoy the ceremony!"

An attendant steps forth from the wedding tent and says, "Very good! Rovvigen told us to expect your arrival!" Grabbing your arm, he leads you inside.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"We're almost ready to begin"

Dyllin recites deeply:
"If everyone could settle down a bit"

Wedding Coordinator Maesie just arrived.

Cleodelia asks, "Are we nervous yet?"

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Lady Luxelle is going to grace us with her beautiful music this evening"

Cleodelia says, "Tears might freeze in here, so keep it to a minimum."

Dyllin nods at Luxelle.

(Luxelle takes a place at the front of the group.)

Luxelle just opened a musician's valise with a stylized silver eahnor nightingale.

Mikalmas says, "Thanks for coming. It will thrill them both."

Luxelle removes a nightingale-topped glowbark harp from in her musician's valise.

Luxelle carefully checks the strings of her harp, plucking them lightly in fourths, fifths, and octaves, adjusting the tension until the sound is perfectly pitched. Luxelle then plays a few short scales and arpeggios, listening carefully for the concordance.

(Katara looks around in awe.)

Luxelle says, "This is a song of beginnings, and it is called, 'With Me'."

Luxelle begins playing a quiet song on her glowbark harp.

(Luxelle strikes the strings with a careful grace; each note is purposeful; no less, no more, than needed. The lowest strings play a soft, slow dancing beat underneath the rhythmic and brilliant high strings.)

Luxelle sings:
"Will you come and walk with me?
Through the days, the years - could we?
Come, and whisper what will be,
And dance beneath the Dreaming Tree."

The soft notes flow from Luxelle's glowbark harp ever so smoothly, and her control of the dynamics on the volatile high notes produces a gentle tinkle, barely heard.

Luxelle smiles softly, pouring her heart into the song as she sways with the beat of the music.

Luxelle sings:
"We'll share wonders new in ev'ry day,
And see glory in each moon-lit ray.
Let me sing this song, I pray,
Please let me sing to you, today."

Luxelle's touch on her glowbark harp's strings is as soft as a lover's caress; music of a persuasively gentle, romantic nature spills forth like a cascade of golden tresses.

Luxelle sings:
"Come, explore a tense of 'might',
I know that this will turn out right.
Believe my every nervous sigh,
And tarry, here, with me tonight."

(Luxelle plays a transitional chord that soars into a building intensity as each phrase leaves her lips.)

Luxelle's bold rendition of the intense andante passages covers an exhausting amount of emotional ground, producing an antiphony of yearning and grandeur.

Luxelle sings:
"The sun...
... rises in your eyes,
The moons...
... reflect a smile.
The stars...
... rejoice across the skies,
To share your time for just a while."

(Luxelle sighs softly, returning to the chord progression and tender patterns of the main theme. Her pure voice carries over everything.)

Luxelle plucks a quiet song on her glowbark harp with ease and subtlety; the musical nuances appealingly intimate.

Luxelle sings:
"Will you come and walk with me?
Follow this path ahead, could we?
Come, and share whate're will be,
And dance beneath the Dreaming Tree."

As Luxelle lightly accompanies the melody on her glowbark harp with gentle arpeggios, the tune becomes ever more lyrical, with a captivating charm.

Luxelle smiles softly.

Luxelle sings slowly:
"Dance the song, this dream..."

Dyllin smiles at Luxelle.

(Luxelle stills the strings as her voice lingers in the air for a few moments longer.)

Luxelle brings her quiet performance to a close with three descending harmonics; these last notes ring on, barely heard, as she lets her arms fall to her sides.

Luxelle tenderly says, "...with me."

Luxelle closes her eyes for a moment.

Luxelle stands up.

Luxelle kisses her eahnor wedding ring with a warm and loving expression on her face.

Luxelle bows her head slightly as she drops into a deep, respectful curtsy.

Katara says, "Beautiful."

Fromer applauds Luxelle with enthusiasm, seemingly oblivious to his surroundings.

Luxelle glances at a nightingale-topped glowbark harp in her hand as if it really needs a hug.

Ylandra says, "A beautiful start to the wedding of two beautiful people."

Luxelle just closed a musician's valise with a stylized silver eahnor nightingale.

Luxelle finsishes up her song titled, "With Me" and the wedding attendees applaud and bow to her performance.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Next we will welcome Ordim, friend of the couple standing with Rovvigen"

Relic Hunter Ordim just arrived.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"And Jastalyn, friend of the couple standing with Beloran"

Ambassador Jastalyn just arrived.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"And now our beloved Couple"

Beloran slowly enters the cavern with a trail of ethereal feathers left in his wake which quickly disappear.

Rovvigen enters the cavern encased in a translucent sphere. As he approaches the altar, the sphere fades away into the cool air.

Katara says, "So handsome."

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Dearly beloved, family and friends, we are gathered here this evening to join two hearts in the bonds of Marriage."

Dyllin recites deeply:
"The ceremony this evening will focus on the love between Beloran and Rovvigen, and their commitment to each other."

Dyllin smiles.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Upon this evening, in this sacred place, we will call upon the blessings of the Arkati."

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Beloran, please step forward and take your place."

Dyllin smiles at Beloran.

Beloran walks toward Dyllin.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Rovvigen, please step forward and take your place"

Dyllin smiles at Rovvigen.

Rovvigen walks toward Dyllin.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Beloran, take Rovvigen s hand if you wish to proceed."

Rovvigen joins Beloran's group.

Dyllin smiles and gazes at Beloran and Rovvigen, acknowledging their bond.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Before their most closely held loved ones, these two do pledge their loyalty to one another."

Dyllin smiles.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"It is with great honor I have been asked to join Beloran and Rovvigen in the bonds of lifetime commitment."

As a cold stillness spreads across the cavern you think you catch the reflection of a well dressed winged woman in the ice walls. As you turn to get a better look, she disappears.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Single strands of fabric are weak separately, but together they form a stronger bond. The bonds of marriage are strong and long-lasting. As these two join together, to form a braid from single strands, so does their love together become stronger."

Beloran smiles at Dyllin.

Rovvigen smiles at Dyllin.

Dyllin smiles.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Together, they are stronger."

Dyllin recites deeply:
"Halflings, as a whole, are people of heart
their family is everything to them. It is no wonder that many of their ceremonies are deep-seated with long-lasting traditions that involve all members of the family. One such ceremony is the traditional halfling wedding."

Dyllin recites deeply:
"This ceremony will focus on a centuries-old Truefolk Tradition of the handfasting ceremony."

Dyllin recites deeply:
"The handfasting ceremony is a time-honored tradition of the Halflings. Both Beloran and Rovvigen have agreed that this tradition will be carried forward in their wedding."

Dyllin grins.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"The couple is united, and their hands are bound together with a handfasting cord. The actual handfasting ceremony varies greatly depending upon the personalities of the couple, but the end result is that their hands are bound together with the cord."

Dyllin recites deeply:
"At the conclusion of the ceremony, the two held most closely to the couple approach them, bearing a decorated box and a beaded cushion respectively."

Dyllin recites deeply:
"These are the couple s first gifts to each other. With movements dictated by tradition, the sacred of the second to be wed lays the cushion in the box, and the sacred of the first to be wed holds it open to the couple."

The soft flutter of feathered wings can be heard in the background.

Jastalyn offers Ordim an ornately carved wooden box.

Ordim accepts Jastalyn's carved wooden box.

Ordim carefully placed a small white silk pillow adorned with delicate purple beads in his carved wooden box.

Ordim smiles as he softly places the pillow in the box, looking at Beloran and Rovvigen reverently.

Ordim offers Jastalyn an ornately carved wooden box.

Jastalyn accepts Ordim's carved wooden box.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"As one, the couple slips the handfasting cord from their wrists, careful to keep the ties from coming undone, and the patron of the first to be wed seals the box."

Beloran takes the handfasting cord in his hand as Ordim and Jastalyn assist the couple in tying an intricate knot around both their wrists. Beloran offers his right hand, and Rovvigen offers his left hand.

Beloran and Rovvigen gently twist and turn their wrists, careful to remove the handfasting cord while preserving the integrity of the knot formed.

Beloran offers Jastalyn a beaded gold and silver handfasting cord.

Jastalyn accepts Beloran's handfasting cord.

Jastalyn put a beaded gold and silver handfasting cord in her carved wooden box.

Jastalyn nods to an ornately carved wooden box.

Jastalyn smiles.

(Jastalyn looks carefully at the box, running her finger around the seal. With a quick motion, she seals the box with the handfasting cord inside.)

Dyllin recites deeply:
"This is where the cord will be kept until the couple passes from life into death's final embrace. The cord will then be handed down to their progeny, as is the tradition of Rovvigen s people."

The air again grows cold and still. An ethereal silver scythe appears in the air above Beloran and Rovvigen. Ice crystals appear around the scythe to form a perfect, translucent sphere. As quickly as it appears, the sphere and scythe disappear in a trailing mist that gently caress the couple.

Dyllin recites deeply:
"So goes the tradition of the Truefolk. So has agreed those wed today to be bound by the tradition of the Halfling handfasting ceremony. It is with great honor, with great pride, that I introduce to you, bound for life, Beloran and Rovvigen!"

Beloran kisses Rovvigen for what seems like an eternity.

After the ceremony, wedding guest applaud and congratulated the newly bound couple and headed to the reception are for refreshments and to dance.

Katara exclaims, "Much joy and happiness to the couple!"

Katara exclaims, "Huzzah!"

Ordim says, "Wintery weddings weave wonderful wisdom."

Rovvigen says, "Thanks everyone."

Jastalyn softly exclaims, "Reception time!"

Beloran exclaims, "Don't forget refreshments!"

Jastalyn softly says, "That's the best part."

Luxelle exclaims, "How exciting!!"

Later Areigha performed an original song for the new married couple

Areigha sings:

"When I first saw you
I already knew
With eyes so blue
and a love I knew would be true"

Areigha sings:

"You wrapped me in love
And a blanket so secure
Our can surpass anything
Our love will endure"

Areigha sings:

"No one can take this
No one can break this
No one can tame this
no one, no one, no one
can get in the way of what we're feeling"

Areigha sings:

"One from a bad time
and one from the roughest
you took my heart and grabbed it
and these strength of these ties is the toughest"

Areigha sings:

"I will never hurt you
Cause you know my love is so true
i will not take for granted
what fool had through awayyyy"

Areigha sings:

"Cause....no one can take this
No one can break this
no one can tame this
no one no one no one
can get in the way of what we're feeling it"

Areigha sings:

"I open my heart to you
and with you is where I belong
you are my one and only
and out our love will live fooorrreeeevvvveeerrrrr...........on"
Re: Rovvigen and Beloran's Wedding 12/22/2016 02:22 PM CST

It was lovely to see. Congrats to the both of you.