Twilight Hall's Magical Dance Contest 11/03/2016 12:05 PM CDT
As part of the Twilight Hall's 20th Anniversary Celebration, Rovvigen and I will be hosting a Magical Dance Contest on Feastday (Saturday), 11/19 at 8 pm ET.

~Signups~
There will be a limit of 10 signups, but we will also take 4 reserves in case of dropouts. Entrants can be 1-4 characters and groups will split any applicable prize. Signups will be limited to singles or groups that include at least one Twilight Hall member through Sunday 11/6, and are now open. Please email me at my play.net and include the group leader name and members of the group, and indicate the Twilight Hall member. Signups will open for everyone else at midnight, 11/7.

~Dance Rules~
Since this is a Magical Dance Contest, all dances must incorporate magic in some way. You and/or your group do not have to be able to cast a spell, you can use items, scrolls, or have 3rd party help. Any offensive spells must be targeted toward another, consenting, group member. No harmful Area of Effect spells. Yes, you can kill each other as long as it's consensual and makes sense for the dance. Dances will be limited to 3 minutes with 1 point deduction per second over.

~Music~
You can have an accompanying bard play an instrument (of any profession, can be a third-party non-group member if he/she only provides the music), incorporate the music through acts and smiles, or use the dance floor music. My initial thought is that it will be held in the house tent that is equipped with a dance floor, but I'm considering other ideas as well and I'll finalize this in the next couple of days.

~Judging~
Dances will be awarded points on incorporation of magic, quality of dance, fashion sense, and overall impression. Highest point total wins with prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

~Prizes~
1st: 6 million silvers and first choice of below
2nd: 3 million silvers and second choice of below
3rd: 1 million silvers and remaining prize

Choices:
1 cast of Ensorcell up to T5 by Allereli (if it is beyond my acceptable chances of success for casting--i.e. limit breaker--you must provide 2 fixskill potions)
a luminescent glowbark staff capped with a veil iron owl (+22, +9 DEX stat, +10 Spell Aim bonus (33), lot of charges, fire flares, T1 ensorcell)
"Mirage-like distortions" spell prep

Silver prizes also may be exchanged for 3 (1st place), 2 (2nd), and 1 (3rd) choice of item from the Twilight Hall Prize Closet.
Re: Twilight Hall's Magical Dance Contest 11/03/2016 12:42 PM CDT
> My initial thought is that it will be held in the house tent that is equipped with a dance floor, but I'm considering other ideas as well and I'll finalize this in the next couple of days.

You can use the House Sovyn Ballroom if you want. There are dance scripts and the music can be turned on and off as long as any Sovyn member is present (dance scripts are always on regardless of whether or not the music is on). The music played comes from music boxes and instruments that are located in the room and play about 6 different tunes that involve different instruments (flutes, bagpipes and drum, a slow harp ballad, horns, etc.). If you want to see the room, I can give you a quick tour.

Just an extra option for you!

-- Eru
Re: Twilight Hall's Magical Dance Contest 11/03/2016 12:52 PM CDT

>Just an extra option for you!

Thanks! It's a really good option :) I need to do some research in Icemule in the next few days, but I'll let you know.
Re: Twilight Hall's Magical Dance Contest 11/03/2016 12:56 PM CDT
" Twilight Hall's 20th Anniversary" -- Allerelli

Wow, that long ago already?!?

<search through archives>

Yep. Wednesday the 6th I got the key to my room; Open House was Friday the 8th.
So, I guess "happy anniversary to me" on Sunday. :)

How time flies.
Re: Twilight Hall's Magical Dance Contest 11/14/2016 07:28 PM CST
>How time flies.

Would be interesting to see when a character joined a House. I think Joskin joined back in the GS3 days.