The Bacon Conspiracy (edited) 08/28/2014 08:08 PM CDT
[Twilight Hall, Manny's Kitchen]
Warm and inviting, the fragrance of freshly baked bread lingers in the air of this spacious kitchen. A small boy sits near the fire slowly turning a series of steel spits, while the Head Cook and her assistants bustle with the activity required to feed the membership. Pots and kettles line the walls, and canisters of pungent spices stand atop the long counters. An ebonwood pantry nestles amid the counters and various kitchen accoutrements. You also see a silver-hued short glass oil lamp, the Polveiss disk, a smooth ebonwood lever, an oven and a pair of swinging doors.
Also here: Mister Polveiss, Kudhak, Grand Lady Aurla, Rumbletum, Lumon, Oriehn, Wachutu, Lord Ratbane, Ravendal
Obvious exits: none

You recite raspily:

"Thanks everyone for coming out for this mornings Event!"

The Head Cook swats good-naturedly at a hungry house member who tries to sneak in and nick a loaf of bread left cooling on the counter.

You recite raspily:

"I'm going to give a short talk and then a sample of how its done!"

You poke the contents of your cast iron skillet with a utensil and are rewarded with a piteous cry from within.

You recite raspily:

"After my sample, contestants will use their wit and will to create a bacon inspired 'food'"

You recite raspily:

"They will share a few flavors and then we'll move on to the next contestant"

You recite raspily:

"After all the contestants have had their moment in the kitchen sun, there will be a bit of time to eat while the judges tallie"

You recite raspily:

"Points will be awarded for style, inventive use of ingredients, and most important FLAVOR!"

You recite raspily:

"I will be offering prizes for the TOP 3, which i'll go over at the end. EVERYONE will get something though"

You recite raspily:

"No, all the bacon will be injested shortly before the end"

You belch softly, the tips of your ears turning pink with embarrassment.

You recite raspily:

"This is Manny's Kitchen at Twilight Hall"

You recite raspily:

"Possibly the most magical kitchen you've been to"

You recite raspily:

"Ingredients you did not bring, or spatulas you may need are available!"

You recite raspily:

"If you need inspiration, you may select some pieces from the cart Ravendal just went to get"

You raspily say, "I''m going to 'create' a favorite bacon recipe right now, lets see if that answers a couple questions..."

You raspily say, "THIS."

You raise your maple boar bacon skyward!

You raspily exclaim, "Is bacon!"

You raspily say, "The main ingredient for today..."

You raspily say, "I HAD a pile for show, but..."

You growl to yourself.

You raspily say, "I'll have to magically create more."

You carefully place a slice of maple boar bacon on the floor.

(Rolfard waggles mystically at the maple boar bacon.)

(Rolfard rolls ups his sleaes.)

The savory aroma of barbecued rolton wafts from the spit with the crackle and hiss of fat dripping into the fire as the boy sneaks yet another rib onto his hidden plate.

You raspily exclaim, "Ahah!"

A circular ebonwood cart comes rolling slowly into the room and stops.

You raspily exclaim, "'here goes!"

(Rolfard grabs a few pieces of maple boar bacon and throws them in his skillet.)

(Rolfard waves his cast iron skillet in a magical manner causing the contents to immediatly become warm!)

(Rolfard grabs the maple boar bacon with his bare hands and throws it in the air where it hangs, magically!)

(Rolfard waves his hands at the maple boar bacon and it starts to weave, creating a mat of maple boar bacon!)

You raspily exclaim, "My recipe needs more than bacon!"

(Rolfard waggles at the tangy rolton cheese causing it to join the bacon-weave already mid-flight!)

(Rolfard waggles again at the maple boar bacon strunge in the air in a weave and watches as it wraps itself around the cheese log!)

(Rolfard directs his mastercrafted bacon-weave wrapped cheese log to the oven.)

(Rolfard snaps his fingers at the oven.)

You raspily exclaim, "Poof!"

(Rolfard waggles at the oven, and a perfectly cooked bacon-weave wrapped cheese log emerges, shimmery and good!)

You raspily exclaim, "This is my bacon-weave cheese log!"

Rolfard smiles as he takes a bite of his bacon-weave cheese log. The cheese is gooey and warm and drips from the corner of his mouth. The bacon is perfectly crisp and crackles with each bite!

Rolfard smiles as he tastes the perfect matching of grease and fats the bacon-weave cheese log creates. He sighs as his eyes enter a bulging dream-like state

(Rolfard takes one last bite of his bacon-weave cheese log. His knees wobble at the taste of crisp maple bacon and tangy rolton cheese.)
Lumon shakes his head.

You give a sigh of pleasure.

You plop down to the ground in a sitting position.

You lose yourself completely in a daydream...

You wake up from your daydream, and begin paying attention again.

You recite raspily:

"Now"

You recite raspily:

"Questions"

You scrape the remaining food bits from your cast iron skillet and wipe it down.

You carefully place a rigid wooden spatula on the floor.

You carefully place a well-greased cast iron skillet on the floor.

Wachutu says, "I bring my own boar with me, I not know you have some already."

You raspily say, "I didn't bring aprons for everyone."

(Wachutu indicates to the skinned boar carcass on his shoulder.)

You recite raspily:

"If there are any further questions, raise hand now!"

Rumbletum says, "I'm hoping your next instruction is eat bacon."

You raspily say, "You can use anything on the cart, anything you brought with you, or anything you can fathom goes with bacon."

You raspily say, "There are 8 contestants at least, if we try to keep it to 5-8 minutes I hope we don't lose anyone."

You raspily say, "I'm going to ask if there are anyones prepared to go first, those with longer cook times may ask to go last."

(Wachutu walks over to a more secluded corner of the kitchen carrying a skinned wild boar carcass minus the head.)

You raspily ask, "I think Wachutu prepared earlier in TSC, would you like to go first?"

Wachutu says, "As long as first means not not first."

(Rolfard eyes the freshly slayed carcass in Wachutu hands.)

(Wachutu impales the boar from end to end on a large sharpened spear. Working quickly as if he's done this many times before.)

You raspily exclaim, "Ok Chef Wachutu, yer up!"

(Wachutu tosses the impaled boar onto a steel spits above the hot coals.)

Wachutu smiles and nods, pleased with the sizzling sounds and tantalizing smells already rising from the cooking flesh.

(Wachutu checks his roasting boar, giving steel spits a turn.)

(Wachutu waggles his fingers magically at the steel spits.)

Wachutu asks, "Okay, deez part done here. Yu see?"

(Wachutu slices a thin layer off the back of the boar showing the crispy goodness.)

(Wachutu pulls a dead frog out of his reed pouch.)

(Wachutu pulls another dead frog out of his reed pouch.)

(Wachutu impales dead frog after dead frog on a number of pointy sticks.)

(Wachutu slices off several delectable strips of meat from the back of his rotating wild boar.)

(Wachutu wraps each "frog-on-a-stick" with strips of boar bacon.)

Wachutu exclaims, "Hah, look, I make frog zombie with bacon wrappings!"

(Wachutu leans his sticks into the fire, several at a time, and then nods and brushes the dust of his clothes.)

Wachutu exclaims, "De rest of da work is up to spirit of de fire!"

Wachutu says, "I make some for everyone."

Wachutu says, "OK, i think dey ready."

(Wachutu clears his throat.)

Wachutu says, "I made deez bacon frog. In my village we call deez a snack of Fat Frog."

Wachutu says, "It crispy frog in bacon suit."

(Rolfard grabs a stick from the fire.)

(Rolfard apprehensively takes a bite of the bacon wrapped frog. As he bites down one of the eyes bulges and pops. The crunching is so loud it can be heard from the surrounding halls.)

Speaking raspily to Ravendal, you say, "Tastes like bacon."

You raspily say, "I appreciate the crunchy tectures."

(Ravendal get stick from fire.)

(Rolfard continues to chew, and you notice his apprehensiveness is beginning to fade. He begins to nod. And nod some more. Then makes an MMmm sound.)

You raspily say, "So everyone not tasting knows, The flavor of the frog could be described as a juicy roasted chicken, after munching some more, all thats left is a dangling frog leg sticking out of his mouth."

Wachutu says, "I hope you like favorite snack of my tribe."

You raspily say, "You call it crispy frog in bacon suit."

(Rumbletum turn a bit green.)

Aurla softly says, "That could be my husband."

(Lumon smiles at the Bacon.)

(Lumon praises the Bacon.)

(Lumon holds the bacon with loving care and begins talking to it...)

(Lumon smiles as the Bacon reacts to the kind words and begins to slowly take the form of a wild boar!)

(Lumon chuckles as the Bacon Boar begins to circle the Soup as if it were a watering hole, WAIT! You notice a FireThorn crocodile close to the edge of the bowl!)

(Lumon cringes while the FireThorn crocodile waits... as the Bacon Boar begins to imitate drinking the soup.)

Lumon sighs.

Lumon helps himself to a bowl of spicy firethorn shoot soup.

Lumon rubs a bowl of spicy firethorn shoot soup in his hand.

(Lumon smiles at the Bacon.)

(Lumon praises the Bacon.)

(Lumon places the firethorn shoot soup on the stove.)

(Lumon holds the bacon with loving care and begins talking to it...)

(Lumon smiles as the Bacon reacts to the kind words and begins to slowly take the form of a wild boar!)

(Lumon chuckles as the Bacon Boar begins to circle the Soup as if it were a watering hole, WAIT! You notice a FireThorn crocodile close to the edge of the bowl!)

(Lumon playfully twirls his figngers as the firethorn shoot soup begins to churn with anticipation of it's own BACON meal!)
>
(Lumon cringes while the FireThorn crocodile waits... as the Bacon Boar begins to imitate drinking the soup.)
>
(Lumon screams with glee when suddenly the crocodile attacks! Incorporating the savory smoked bacon into the firethorn shoot soup allowing the fat to meld with the broth... Amazing!)

(Lumon drools since, having fully consumed and ripped apart the bacon, firethorn shoot soup now has a slightly smokey taste that otherwise would not have been there with bits of the previously mobile bacon boar, although you swear there is still a FireThorn crocodile stalking your spoon.)
Lumon says, "Might get yer toung."

(Rolfard accepts Lumon gift of boar-bacon infused crocodile-shoot soup.)

Lumon cringes.

Lumon says, "Gunna get you."

(Rolfard gives his bowl of soup a warning glance!)

(Rolfard gives his soup a hesitant sip. Smokey bacon bits with a small crocodile shape chasing your spoon, spicy yet zingy, has a bite!)

Kudhak shows you a silver wand, which he is holding in his right hand. You see nothing unusual.

Kudhak asks, "In case it attacks?"

(Rolfard using Kudhak's silver wand, Rolfard paralizes the remaining swimming firethorn-shoot crocodiles in his bowl.)

You raspily say, "With a bit of hesitation the flavors seem to attack at once, then settle down and become creamy a hint of smokey bacon left on your tounge."

(Rolfard shares the last bits of soup with Ravendal. That was almost generous.)

Speaking raspily to Rumbletum, you say, "Got Aurla, then you."

(Ravendal accepts Rolfards bowl of soup.)

Aurla softly says, "I have a lovely cinnamon bacon cookie an old receipe from eons ago."

(Ravendal glances at bowl of soup and tentatively raises a spoon full to his lips.)

Aurla softly says, "Your lucky im not putting sorc in to it."

(Aurla gestures at the oven a small fire elemental leaps towards it and blends in with the already present fire.)

Aurla softly says, "To add a little magic to my cookies."

You nod eagerly.

(Aurla checks to make sure the cookie sheets are ready.)

(Ravendal eyes bug out as one of the firethorn-shoot crocodiles bites him on the lip.)

(Aurla smiles at everyone in turn.)

Ravendal says, "You were right, nice taste with a bite."

(Aurla takes a large flame colored mixing bowl and a wooden spoon.)

(Aurla takes 7 strips of already cooked and drained bacon.)

(Aurla proceeds to crumble them up into small pieces and places it in a small bowl to the side.)

(Aurla measures out a cup of softened butter and puts it into her mixing bowl.)

(Aurla then adds a cup and a half of sugar in with the butter and mixes them together till well creamed.)

(Aurla glares at a head that protrudes from the oven and motions for it to return to minding the fire.)

Aurla mutters fireelementals.

Aurla rolls her eyes.

(Aurla takes an egg and tosses it gently to her other hand and deftly cracks it and emptys the content into the batter.)

(Aurla measures out a tablespoon and then a half and pours that into the mixture and blends well.)

(Aurla folding in the 2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda and a table spoon of ground cinnamon, mixing well.)

(Aurla taking the small bowl with the bacon. slowly adds it to the batter while mixing well.)

(Aurla still mixing moves over to where the cookie sheets are waiting and drops small spoon fulls spaced apart on the cookie sheets.)

(Aurla glances around the crowd "who wants to lick the bowl??")

Aurla grins.

Ravendal points at you!

(Aurla shoves the bowl into Rolfard's hands.)

Aurla softly says, "You win."

You cackle!

(Aurla moves to put the sheets in the oven when fire arms reach out and grab the sheets and pulls them back into the oven.)

(Rolfard licks the bowl liberally until he comes up for air. Someone got an aquamarine wand?)

(Aurla after a few minutes with the help of the tiny fire elemental, the cookies are perfectly done and Aurla removes the sheets and set them on a couple racks.)

Aurla chuckles.

(Aurla takes up a beautifully browned cookie. the aroma of cinnamon fills the air with the hint of bacon and butter. Placing it on a nice porcelain plate hands it to Rolfard.)

Aurla whispers, "Ok thats all i had."

You raspily exclaim, "Oo!"

(Rolfard accepts Aurla's generous gift of cookie and holds it to his nose expectantly.)

You raspily say, "Smells like cookie..."

Wachutu drools.

You raspily say, "Round like cookie..."

You raspily exclaim, "WARM AND GOOEY LIKE COOKIE!"

You raspily exclaim, "Me thinks it cookie!"

(Rolfard takes a massive bite of the cookie, nearly losing a finger in the process!)

Rumbletum exclaims, "C is for cookie!"

You raspily exclaim, "It tastes warm and buttery! Bacon and cinnamon interlaced between my taste buds!"

You raspily say, "I'm still savoring this moment."

Rumbletum says, "Fine..."

You raspily exclaim, "MM, A bit of bite from some unknown origin, though it tastes like fire elemental bits!"

You raspily say, "Thanks Aurla."

(Rolfard toss a few crumbs of cookie to Ravendal.)

You raspily say, "Try that."

You turn to face Rumbletum.

You raspily exclaim, "OK YOUR UP!"

(Aurla motions to the oven and a flame shoots out and lands in her hand.)

(Rumbletum grabs a large portion of maple boar bacon, maybe a tad more than necessary.)

(Ravendal sneaks a cookie off Aurla's tray.)

Rumbletum removes a black iron cauldron from in his spidersilk backpack.

Rumbletum drops a black iron cauldron.

(Rumbletum nudged the cauldron close to the fire.)

(Ravendal sniffs at his cinnamon bacon cookie.)

Ravendal drools.

(Ravendal takes a big bite of his cookie.)

Ravendal rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Ravendal swoons.

Ravendal sits up.

(Rumbletum drops most of his maple boar bacon in the cauldron. There is a nice splattering sounds as it begins to brown.)

Rumbletum removes some coarse glittering earth from in his spidersilk backpack.

Rumbletum says, "Gotta have some pepper."

Ravendal says, "I like the mixture of the flavors, very nice in deed."

(Rumbletum sprinkles some glittering earth in the cauldron.)

Rumbletum put some coarse glittering earth in his spidersilk backpack.

Rumbletum removes a vial of pearlescent oil from in his spidersilk backpack.

(Rumbletum pours some oil the cauldron.)

Rumbletum put a vial of pearlescent oil in his spidersilk backpack.

Rumbletum pours himself a bubbling green brew in a glass alchemy beaker.

Rumbletum takes a drink from his bubbling green brew.

Rumbletum says, "To make the cooking more fun."

Rumbletum winks.

Rumbletum turns to face a black iron cauldron.

Rumbletum just tried to pull a black iron cauldron.

Rumbletum says, "Alright, that should do it."

Rumbletum picks up a black iron cauldron.

Rumbletum exclaims, "You others made it too fancy!"

Rumbletum says, "It's bacon."

(Rumbletum scoops a nice slice of soft bacon from the cauldron.)

You raspily say, "I suppose one ingredient of bacon is bacon...lets see how it tastes."

(Rumbletum offers a nice slice of bacon to Rolfard.)

(Rolfard acccepts a nice slice of soft bacon from Rumbletum.)

(Rolfard examines the coarse peppers on the soft bacon.)

(Rolfard can't help himself another second, he stuffs the entire piece of nice soft bacon infused with coarse pepper into his mouth!)

The smell of bacon wafts past your nose. Life improves dramatically.

(Rolfard chews noisily, the oil and pepper slathered soft bacon crackles nicely and finishes with a zing!)

You nod at Rumbletum.

You raspily say, "Bacon be praised."

You raspily say, "Thanks for that reminder of the simpler things in life Rumblletum, who's next."

Oriehn says, "I haven't gone yet."

You raspily exclaim, "I think we're ready for your recipe then!"

Oriehn announces, "This is a recipe I turn to when life hasn't been going my way to help swing things back in my favor."

(Oriehn places a few small containers, a paper covered plate, and a sourdough loaf on his workspace.)

(Oriehn lights a stove and places a frying pan over it. He pours some water into the pan to monitor its temperature.)

Oriehn unsheathes a wood-handled vultite utility knife from one of the narrow scabbards along the side of his survival kit.

(Oriehn holds the loaf of sourdough with his left hand as he draws his knife down the middle of the loaf, cutting out two thick slices of bread.)

Oriehn's concentration shifts and becomes more focused as he slightly tilts an ear in a particular direction.

Oriehn suddenly says, "Oh, the water is boiling."

(Oriehn grabs the frying pan and pours the water into one of the sinks before opening one of his containers and revealing three long slices of bacon. He carefully spaces apart each of the slices on the frying pan.)

(Oriehn opens his remaining three containers, revealing a stick of butter, shredded jack and cheddar cheese, and guacamole. He reaches for a stick of butter and begins liberally spreading it on one side of each of the slices of bread.)

Oriehn sniffs.

(Oriehn glances towards the bacon which caught his attention with its sizzling, fatty smell, then nods. He flips each slice of bacon over with his vultite utility knife before placing the blade down on the table. With a small smile on his face, he picks up one of the containers and sprinkles large handfuls of the white and orange shredded cheese onto the unbuttered sides of the slices of bread.)

(Oriehn grabs his vultite utility knife and the frying pan, allowing him to move the crispy slices of bacon onto a waiting paper-covered plate. He then drains the oily fat into one of his emptied containers before placing the frying pan back onto the stove.)

(Oriehn dips his vultite utility knife into the guacomole, then proceeds to add a vibrant green covering to the layers of cheese. Once this is completed, he picks up the bacon strips and gingerly lays them onto one of the colorful slices of bread. Finally he flips the other slice of bread onto the bacon before picking up the sandwich and placing it onto the frying pan.)

(Oriehn grills the sandwich for a couple of minutes before flipping it over, revealing a slice of bright, golden bread with a hint of crunchy darkness barely containing strips of crispy bacon drowned in a gooey, colorful mixture of cheese and guacomole.)

You groan.

Ozzan swoons.

Ravendal glances at you.

(Oriehn places the sandwich onto a plate before neatly cutting it in half. The melted cheese and guacamole spill over the thick, butter-infused, bottom layer of the bread onto the plate. After giving his creation a last, lingering sniff, he reluctantly hands the cut sandwich over to Rolfard and Ravendal.)

(Rolfard accepts!)

Oriehn warns, "Just a heads up. The sandwich can get kind of ... messy if you're not careful."

Oriehn wipes off the blade and sheathes a wood-handled vultite utility knife into one of the narrow scabbards along the side of his survival kit.

(Ravendal accepts his part of the sandwich before Rolfard can take it all.)

(Rolfard break s crumble off the edge and generouslly offers the morsel to Ozzan.)

(Oriehn watches jealously as you takes a bite of the sandwich. The taste and texture of the thick, buttery, and crunchy bread is quickly flooded by the sharp taste of warm, jack and cheddar cheese melted into smooth, creamy guacomole. Small, crispy pieces of bacon floating throughout the mixture and onto your tongue, adding the perfect amount of meaty saltiness.)

You sigh dramatically.

(Ozzan gobbles dow the morsle and faints from sheer bliss.)

Ozzan swoons.

(Oriehn watches jealously as Ravendal takes a bite of the sandwich. his bite into the sandwich induces a moment of panic as its gooey contents threaten to spill onto his clothes. Ravendal fight back the tide of warm, gooey cheese and guacamole with his tongue, and are rewarded for his efforts with a thick, flavorful piece of bacon that crunches pleasantly between his teeth (and a clean shirt).)

(Ravendal takes a bite of his sandwich drooling over the many different tastes assalting his tounge and taste buds.)

(Oriehn watches jealously as Ozzan takes a bite of the sandwich. his bite into the grilled cheese sandwich pulls the remainder of one of the strips of bacon from the between the buttery pieces of sourdough bread. Every wrinkle of the long, crisp piece of bacon is coated in the thick mixture of cheese and guacamole.)

(Rolfard gobbles up every last crumb of the taste sandwich. His burp is less delicate than the preceeding flavor!)

Ozzan takes a drink from his red Faendryl wine.

Ozzan looks rather relaxed.

Oriehn says, "That's my grilled cheese and guacomole bacon sandwich."

Ozzan says, "And the wine goes wonderfully with it too."

Ravendal says, "Very nice mixture."

You nod at Oriehn.

You raspily say, "Nice work in the kitchen, you could replace a couple of gnomes with that fancy knife work."

Oriehn grins.

Ozzan says, "The guacamole lends a nice creamy texture to it."

Speaking to you, Oriehn agrees, "Get plenty of practice on the field."

You nod perfunctorily.

You turn to face Ratbane.

Speaking raspily to Ratbane, you ask, "Are you ready for your recipe?"

Ratbane recites:

"Rat Roll"

Ratbane recites:

"First catch your rat"

Ratbane drops a wedge of sharp blue cheese.

(Ratbane drags the sharp blue cheese slowly back and forth near a hole under the counter.)

Ratbane smiles and points at a rat as it emerges from the hole. A trio or ebony orbs streak from his fingers incinerating the rat.

(Ozzan jumps up on an empty crate whimpering.)

Ozzan trembles.

(Ratbane holds the rat by the tail as he deftly removes a few bits of burnt skin from it.)

Ratbane ponders.

You nod reassuringly at Ozzan.

(Wachutu licks his lips at the sight of the cooked rat.)

Speaking to Ozzan, Ratbane says, "Rat is nice. but perhaps needs a little cooking."

Wachutu says, "In my tribe we call it "frog of de dirt"."

(Ratbane dispatches the rat into the oven.)

Ratbane taps his foot impatiently.

Ratbane glances at an oven.

Ratbane seems to be waiting for something.

Ratbane says, "Needs just the right amount of pre cooking."

(Ratbane pulls the rat from the oven while there is still enough strength in the whiskers to twirl it.)

You raspily ask, "You mean incinerating it the first time wasn't enough?"

Speaking to you, Ratbane says, "It didn't have time to fully sink in."

(Ravendal makes a note to have the oven well cleaned after todays contest is over.)

(Ratbane twirls his rat.)

(Ratbane brings the hot twirling rat into contact with the maple boar bacon. It sticks and rolls around the rat, wrapping it in maple boar bacon.)

Ratbane says, "Maybe not fully dressed. Another twirl I think."

(Ratbane brings the hot twirling rat into contact with the maple boar bacon. It sticks and rolls around the rat, wrapping it in maple boar bacon.)

Ravendal glances at you.

Ravendal says, "This one is all yours."

(Ratbane turns up the fire beneath the cast iron skillet until it glows red. He drops the still twirling rat onto the cast iron skillet where the intense heat fries the bacon crispy instantly.)

Ratbane sniffs at a well-greased cast iron skillet.

Ratbane sighs blissfully.

(Ratbane removes his Rat Roll from the skillet and continues to twirl it as it cools to eating temperature.)

You raspily say, "Mmm, Rat Roll...for the bacon-lover on the go."

Ratbane arranges his posture and features in a perfect imitation of you!

Ratbane smiles as he bites into his rat roll. Hot rat juice squirts out both ends barely missing you!

(Ratbane gnaws into the roll. Crispy bacon shatters beneath his teeth exposing the juicy rat within.)

(Rolfard holds his hand out expectantly towards Ratbane.)

You raspily exclaim, "Wheres my taste!"

Ratbane arranges his posture and features in a perfect imitation of you!

(Ratbane chomps down hard. The centre of the rat disappears into his maw as the tail and head fall off to either side.)

Ravendal's face turns slightly pale.

Ratbane smiles contentedly as he continues to chew on his rat. A fleeting piquance of maple smoke fails to conceal the overwhelming flavor of rat.

In a perfect imitation of you, Ratbane exclaims, "Absolutely delicious. Full marks to that gnome!"

(Rolfard gathers the bacon-infused rat head and tail. He makes them disappear with a single tastey CRUNCH!)

(Rolfard speaks with his mouth full, "Palatable!")

Ravendal says, "That man will eat anything."

Ratbane says, "There's bound to be more where that came from."

Ratbane glances at a wedge of sharp blue cheese.

You praise Ratbane.

You raspily say, "Interesting use of rat."

Wachutu agrees with you.

(Rolfard gives it two claws up, then tosses those bits out.)

Wachutu says, "I have to try deez recipe."

(Rolfard quickly washes down his Rat Roll with a mug of steaming coffee.)

The savory aroma of barbecued rolton wafts from the spit with the crackle and hiss of fat dripping into the fire as the boy sneaks yet another rib onto his hidden plate.

You raspily say, "Well then, i suppose Ravendal and I have a bit to discuss. Please give us a moment to tally our favorites."

You raspily say, "I REALLY appreicate all the efforts today, and know that everyone here was a winner just for having sampled bacon in it's raw spirit."

Ravendal says, "He's eating your bacon."

Ravendal nods to you.

Ozzan gazes in awe at a slice of maple boar bacon in his hand.

You scowl.

Ozzan nods.

Ozzan says, "Its the best around."

Speaking to Ozzan, Ratbane says, "You are supposed to be saving it."

Ozzan asks, "Save bacon?"

Ozzan asks, "How is this done?"

Ratbane says, "Save his bacon."

You grin.

You raspily say, "Ahah."

You help yourself to a cheese-filled orc sausage wrapped in bacon.

You raspily say, "Orc sausage wrapped in bacon, everyone enjoy that while i tally."

You gobble down your orc sausage in one enormous bite. Pockets of spicy flavor seem to explode from the meat, filling your mouth with flavor.

That was the last of it!

Ozzan takes a bite of his maple boar bacon.

Wachutu helps himself to a cheese-filled orc sausage wrapped in bacon.

Speaking to his maple boar bacon, Ozzan says, "You are truely awesome."

Ozzan takes a bite of his maple boar bacon.

Wachutu sniffs at his orc sausage.

Ratbane says, "The poor orc."

Wachutu gobbles down his orc sausage in one enormous bite.

Wachutu nods.

Wachutu sticks out his tongue.

Speaking to you, Ozzan says, "Sorry I could not help myself and had to grab a slice."

You grin at Ozzan.

You raspily say, "Understandable."

You raspily say, "Ok, before anyone else leaves."

Ratbane says, "Having his sausage stuffed with cheese."

You raspily say, "Let me get the prizes that EVERYONE wins."

With a sudden flash of insight, you realize you now understand more of what you have experienced.....

Wachutu asks, "It eez a free bacon for one month?"

Wachutu gives an approval gesture with his hand.

You raspily exclaim, "Sort of!"

Ravendal says, "We cant keep that much bacon around, Rolfard eats it all."

You cackle!

You raspily exclaim, "Tis a NEW toy from our prize closet!"

You raspily say, "Three cheers for Luneth."

You remove a hardened troll skin bag from in your flaxen bag.

You raspily exclaim, "This hardened troll skin bag functions as a BAG!"

My, my, aren't we dramatic today?

You raspily exclaim, "AND!"

Wachutu says, "It have endless bacon inside."

Wachutu swoons.

You raspily exclaim, "For a while, though not forever and certainly not rechargeable, will add to your fitness! since this is a bacon challenge and everyone here is all about fitness!"

Ozzan asks, "A bag that functions as a bag you say?"

You raspily say, "We'll annouce the winners in ONE Minute."

Wachutu says, "We need more fitness, after deez bacon day."

Oriehn carefully inspects his troll skin bag.

Lumon exclaims, "Fanks!"

Ozzan cackles at Wachutu!

Wachutu sniffs at his troll skin bag.

You raspily say, "Seems Rumbletums left."

Aurla beams!

You raspily say, "I'll have to hold onto his bag."

You raspily say, "No pun intedned."

Ozzan cackles!

Ravendal says, "Thats why he wouldnt let me make my bacon wrapped green troll steak sandwich, he used all the trolls for bags."

You raspily say, "Ok, so instead of 1st 2nd and 3rd place."

You raspily say, "We have most kitchen capable, most original, and most FLAVOR."
You recite raspily:

"After I recite the winners, they may join me to discuss the prize options"

You recite raspily:

"Before doing so I want to THANK you ALL for coming out, this was a joyous event for me and our kitchen!"

Speaking jokingly to Ravendal, you say, "Remmeber to clean the rat out."

Ravendal says, "Got a cleaning crew on standby."

You recite raspily:

"For Most Kitchen Capable (and judicious use of Fire Elementals): AURLA!"

Ozzan says, "I would just buy a new oven."

You recite raspily:

"For Most Flavor (and i'm still drooling over it) Oriehn's tasty sammich!"

Ozzan says, "A sandwich fit for a king."

You raspily say, "The last one was difficult, and i was torn."

Ratbane says, "A bit short on rat, but not bad at all."

You recite raspily:

"For Most Creative use of Bacon, in a recipe in today's contest (sorry his was first) The Crispy Frog in a Bacon Suit"

Wachutu asks, "It really me?"

You recite raspily:

"Thanks again everyone, if the winners will join me, the rest of you can join Raven"

You raspily say, "Between frog and rat, i hadn't eaten frog before."

Wachutu laughs at you!

You wink at Ratbane.

Wachutu says, "I will make your rat recipe for my village Master Ratbane."

Wachutu says, "And bring home dis rat tradition."