Meeting Minutes - 11/29/17 11/29/2017 09:45 PM CST
Hi All,

We had a miniature meeting after the Telling tonight. Obviously with too few people present, there were/are no major changes pending but we did discuss a few things.

The first item was in regards to best communicating with the house at large. Some things need to be ironed out with regards to maintaining a house-wide database of current emails of the membership at large. The best suggestion on this was a googlegroup, which I believe Debia may already be in possession of one. Deb, if you can/are willing to share this information with the officership at large, please do so.

The other methods of communication going forward will be Discord, house MOD, and the officials (which I will do my best to do a better job of going forward)

Another item of discussion was having an official monthly meeting time. Obviously we've encountered a lot of scheduling conflict thus far, so I'm figuring the best method of figuring out an optimal monthly time is passing an availability spreadsheet around via email and having a somewhat concrete document where we have everyone's availability on the ready - rather than constantly asking and going back and forth between emailing each other. Nothing is ever going to be perfect, but this would likely be the best way of scheduling a time with optimal attendance.

Another thing discussed was potential changes to house room names. Some people have expressed reservations about old rooms being titled with names long since passed. The alternative would be to rename some of these rooms to include the title of the person's former position, rather than include their name. This isn't under serious consideration without some in-depth discussion between the house at large.

We also discussed the pending removal of people who have sold their character. This is something we still intend to do, but the character must be logged into the game in order to be removed by traditional methods. This is something that may need escalation to the powers-that-be in order to get done.

I'll be working on the first two action-items in the coming future in order to try and streamline the process of effectively communicating to the house at large. Expect an email and a post here in the near future about those two items.
Re: Meeting Minutes - 11/29/17 11/30/2017 08:31 PM CST
To address the topics of the meeting:

1. The googlegroups I have for OT is outdated since it doesn't include newly involved people and a number of those emails in the latest message I don't even recognize. It also hasn't been in use for some time due to lack of response/interest and the request by the house to post to the forums and the IG blackboard, which I had been doing instead.

You can just take the email list you have and dump it in your own googlegroup, it's pretty easy. Just make sure you delete emails that belong to sold characters. You can make a separate house and officer group as well. I saw a number of emails I don't even recognize, so if you could 'nickname' them, that would be helpful to the rest of us who don't know each other outside the game (and may prefer it that way).

Discord seemed more OOC/personal chit-chat, than house business so I check in once in a blue moon to catch up. I appreciate you bringing the info here too because it is a far better demonstration of an active house.

2. The spreadsheet seems as good idea as any, but I wouldn't put a ton of stock in it. Someone needs to step up to host it reliably and should cater to that person's schedule primarily and a reliable back up. Otherwise, you have a bunch of people gathered, with no real agenda.

3. I suggested revitalizing some of those rooms as well back in 2015, but Marroc had an absolute fit. I see his point, actually - they were individuals that during the founding of the culture put in a great deal of effort to support it (and massive financial contributions as well).

It costs IP points to change the rooms, and personally, I think they're better spent on upgrades and fixes (like adding the second guard mentioned in the ambient script, that isn't in the room description or a herb bundler in the kitchen, a working chair/tables in the dining room, or even a game room for craps. Maybe, even more pet mosses. Changing a bedroom isn't going to encourage people to spend more time in the Tower, and will likely be just as empty as before.

4. We ran into the same issue, as we weren't ever on when the bought characters were. We never got a chance to take it the step further, so that's the council's job now to handle it.

Regards,
-Tal

-==Social Media Stuff==-

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/talinvor

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/vorrith

http://tahlon.obsidiantower.com