Obsidian Tower Charter Revisions and House Meeting 09/11/2017 12:46 PM CDT
By decree of the CHE, we must revise our House Charter and have it finalized by September 21st, 2017. I have posted below two links. The first link is the one which the Officers Talinvor and Debia collaborated on with revisions provided by the Council, Alisaire (officer), Marroc (member), Varucca (Officer), Talinvor (Officer), Debia (Officer).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZxMuz4kho6Gu2fUAWuuWvSJhna4eWXfnVeprTE2s91U/edit?ts=59b0bdbd

The second link is a charter drawn up by Alisaire (officer) with revisions provided by The Council (Eoghain, Telare, Xandalf, Xeta.), Varucca (officer), Talinvor (Officer), Debia (Officer), Marroc (member).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tkXfga_9--1IhgzjQtViClFYgpI1vUIDjxPRoJy76gk/edit?disco=AAAABGFoYcA&ts=59b689a0

We will have a house-wide meeting on Thursday September 14th at 9:00 p.m. est. To go over each version of charter and answer any questions you may have about them. Voting will begin that evening and end on September the 20th on which charter you, as the house deem appropriate.

Please bear in mind that there is ONE vote per member player (this means no voting with any alt you may have in the house.).

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

Walk with Power,

Xeta, Ta’krak’th
Re: Obsidian Tower Charter Revisions and House Meeting 09/11/2017 06:03 PM CDT
I'm stealing back credit. Just as a clarification, Debia did not collaborate on the proposal. She offered revision suggestions as did everyone else on both versions.

I've also corrected viewing access, for review. I apologize I didn't open that back up this morning before work. It should be ok now.

This will be a secret vote utilizing the House Vote function and potentially reviewed by GM Elidi.

Thank you to all that offered excellent suggestions and feedback!

-Tal
Re: Obsidian Tower Charter Revisions and House Meeting 09/11/2017 07:33 PM CDT
Thanks for fixing the glitch.

!>tell child to be quiet
The child cries, "I don't wanna!"
Re: Obsidian Tower Charter Revisions and House Meeting 09/11/2017 07:39 PM CDT

<<I'm stealing back credit. Just as a clarification, Debia did not collaborate on the proposal. She offered revision suggestions as did everyone else on both versions.

Sorry Talinvor, I thought you both did. My apologies.

~Xeta
Re: Obsidian Tower Charter Revisions and House Meeting 09/11/2017 10:21 PM CDT
Hm, ok. Wasn't a glitch - I just hadn't opened the settings for public viewing. Xeta's may still be trying to access a closed link file.

Here's a new link, just in case.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZxMuz4kho6Gu2fUAWuuWvSJhna4eWXfnVeprTE2s91U/edit?usp=sharing

-Tal
Re: Obsidian Tower Charter Revisions and House Meeting 09/14/2017 10:12 PM CDT
Thank you to everyone who came out this evening to go over the House-wide vote regarding Charter revisions, and also to all of those who participated in drafting the two Charter revision proposals. The House vote is now live. The Message of the Day in game has been updated to note that and to give directions on how to vote.

Please take some time to read both Charter revision proposals, which are noted as Proposal A and Proposal B for the purposes of the House vote.

Charter proposal A - Separate and distinct roles for CHE Officers and Council, with option for Council to serve dual CHE Officer/Council role
LINK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZxMuz4kho6Gu2fUAWuuWvSJhna4eWXfnVeprTE2s91U/edit?ts=59b0bdbd

Charter proposal B - Council has primary CHE Officer duties, added Support Officer roles
LINK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tkXfga_9--1IhgzjQtViClFYgpI1vUIDjxPRoJy76gk/edit?disco=AAAABGFoYcA&ts=59b689a0

Voting is currently open and will conclude on 9/20/17 at 11:59PM eastern. You have until that time to review the Charters at your leisure and to submit your vote for your preferred Charter revision proposal in game. The vote is a secret (or hidden) vote, which means that only the number of votes cast will be visible and not what each member has selected for their vote. Each PLAYER of a member of the House may submit one vote and should do so on their primary character involved with the Obisidan Tower. To vote, visit either the Obsidian Tower or your nearest House Annex, then type VOTE HOUSE for options. If you accidentally vote for the wrong Charter revision, or if you change your mine, you will have until the conclusion of the vote to change your vote option.

Voting with alts is strictly prohibited. Bullying other House members to vote on either option is also prohibited. Violations of either of these rules will result in your immediate disqualification from the vote.

Once the vote is resolved, the selected Charter proposal will be forwarded to the GM Controller for the CHE (GM Elidi) for final review before it can be ratified.

If you have any questions or have difficulty with voting or accessing either of the Charter revision proposals, please do not hesitate to post on the forums here, or reach out directly to one of the Council members (Eoghain, Telare, Xandalf, and Xeta) or CHE Officers (Debia, Eoghain, Talinvor, Varucca, and Alisaire).

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Obsidian Tower Charter Revisions and House Meeting 09/20/2017 06:46 AM CDT
As a reminder to all House members..

Voting on the two proposed Charter revisions concludes TONIGHT, September 20, at 11:59pm eastern. Any votes needing to be cast (or revised) must be submitted by then. Information on the two options, voting rules, and instructions on how to cast a vote are on post #76 in this same folder (immediately preceding this post). If you are not sure if you cast a vote already, all you need to do to verify is to go to the Obsidian Tower or your local House Annex and type VOTE HOUSE. Your current vote status, as well as which option you have selected, will be displayed.

The final results will be posted here, on the House Message of the Day, and on the House blackboard as soon as GM Elidi has had the opportunity to verify that all votes cast are valid. Even after the voting results are in, the selected Charter is still subject to final review by her as the CHE GM Controller before it will be officially ratified by the House.

Thanks again to everyone who has participated in the voting process thus far.

- Overlord EK

Re: Obsidian Tower Charter Revisions and House Meeting 09/20/2017 11:03 PM CDT
The apparent winner of the Tower's Charter revision poll is Option #2, for "Charter proposal B - Council has primary CHE Officer duties, added Support Officer roles", with a margin of 15 to 3 votes.

(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tkXfga_9--1IhgzjQtViClFYgpI1vUIDjxPRoJy76gk/edit?disco=AAAABGFoYcA&ts=59b689a0)

At this time, the vote and Charter have been forwarded to GM Elidi for review prior to being formally adopted. Thanks again to everyone who took part in the process!

- Overlord EK