Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/17/2021 01:47 PM CDT
First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CHE for 30 awesome years! I was privileged to help run your 20th anniversary selection, and I'm excited I came back in time to throw some raffles out and celebrate your 30th! Our Player-Run Organizations are one of the (many) shining spots in this game, and I am so excited for all of them and their numerous contributions they make to the long-term health, viability, and vitality of GS4.

You all make Elanthia better! Take a moment to hug yourselves.

Secondly, I'm doing my 10 raffles in 2 sets of 5 for my own sanity. I've got a lot of MHO work to do (YAY, PROs!!) and some EG prep, and it's been INSANE the last few weeks. I want to be able to cluster these together, so I can feel better able to a) come around and provide merchant services during the weekend, and b) still be able to work on some other stuff.

Batch 1 (#s1-5 below): Will fire off between 7pm - 8pm CT on Saturday. I'm placing all 5 of these in [Wehnimer's, Festival Grounds], which is off North Ring Road and down the red-bricked pathway.

Batch 2 (#s6-10 below): Will fire off between 10am-11am CT on Sunday. I'm placing all 5 of these in [Ebonstone Manor, Sprawling Lawn] down the ivy-lined marble walkway from the Festival Grounds.

Both of these rooms are open to the general population.

Merchanting: I'm going to play it by ear but will be around at least once with Shivaika. I'll do GALD and unlocking of things I own (LotusWear, funeral teabowls, Zetoile toys), and I could add incense scents to my new incense (or charges if that's your preference). I'll of course send a crier out in the Landing area so you know when I'm coming. I try to also TWEET and xpost to Discord.

RULES:
1. You do not have to be present to win, but you do need to be in-game. If you are AFK, I'll move the win into a container on you.

2. Please read any requirements on individual raffles below and on the tickets!

RAFFLES:

1. Gambling Kit - a lacquered ebonwood kit inlaid with gilt conjoined circles, T2 holds 5K

2. Pirate Harness -a sienna suede harness laced with rawhide - Auction Quality

3. Stationery Set -a checkered ebony and zebrawood stationery box - Fully unlocked box, quill, inkpot w/paper + envelopes

4. T1 briarflare: an argent and emerald vultite paiscush with a twisted iron grip

5. T1 briarflare: a silver-stippled viridian vultite palache with a flawless ruby pommel

6. T3 briarflare: a gleaming crimson vultite flamberge with thorny golden quillons

7. A T2 to T3 briarflare upgrade: Should have the T2 briarflare weapon on you so I can update immediately after the raffle. You can be afk, but if you do not have the item on you, you run the risk of forfeiting your win.

8. A bag of erithi gems (alter fodder) - one of each erithi gem as listed in the erithi gem document

9. A forehead gem - an ebon-tinged blood red sandruby stippled with golden motes

10. Blossoming Skies package - fully unlocked atanika and teabowl with two permified incenses (all from the recent FotF shop)

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/17/2021 03:26 PM CDT
Thanks Xynwen. I am curious as to why so many briar raffles recently. We had them at festival of the fallen last week and now more this weekend at the CHE anniversay.
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/17/2021 04:39 PM CDT
>>Thanks Xynwen. I am curious as to why so many briar raffles recently. We had them at festival of the fallen last week and now more this weekend at the CHE anniversay.

Briars are my original baby (coded and maintained by the ever awesome Modrian, whom I love collaborating (aka tormenting) with for my concepts!), but they are a limited release item. I worked with appropriate parties to get some "Xynwen gets to do whenever she wants" briar approvals, and I chose to use some for FotF and the CHE Anniversary.

I always planned on making them a part of both these events, but didn't expect they would be so close together when I began my plotting!

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/17/2021 05:50 PM CDT

Can you tell us what happens at the end of the loresong story?
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/17/2021 07:15 PM CDT
didn't know they were yours. Love briars, especially in the T3 form
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/17/2021 07:40 PM CDT
>>Can you tell us what happens at the end of the loresong story?

Of course! Lyrarose & Nikhail were Velathae merchants, so ghosts, of course. It's a tragic love story of mistrust and betrayal, death and regret. There are 2 loresongs -- one on all briarflare weapons, and 1 on the 4 forehead gems released at EG09.

Their story was inspired by the song "Crazy Man Michael" by Fairport Convention.

Briarflare loresong:
https://gswiki.play.net/Briar_flare#Loresong

EG09 forehead gem loresong:
https://gswiki.play.net/Forehead_gem#Loresong_.282.29

Here's what her cottage and garden looked like (she was confined to the cottage, he to the garden area...Velathae was harsh).

[Dark Rose Cottage, Interior]
Small and cozy, the cottage centerpiece is a large, riverstone fireplace flanked with open-shuttered windows. An overstuffed leather couch rests in front of the fireplace, atop a polished rosewood floor. Matching rosewood shelves and a crystal-encased table display an artist's wealth of wrought metal roses, gleaming in the moonlight. A small sign sits on the fireplace mantel which is flanked by a small marble-topped table and a rosewood weapon rack.

[Dark Rose Cottage, Garden]
Hundreds of rose bushes, each overflowing with roses, fill this garden, which is spacious but enclosed with tall stone walls. Lilac trees, entwined together like lovers, add shady bowers, and fairy primroses encircle raised clumps of wild irises lining the edges of a brilliant green-black pond. Almost covered by moonflower vines is a tiny cottage with a rose-and-ivy carved door. You also see a series of vining roses and a riverstone wall with a series of briars and vines on it.

>l bush
The roses come in several dark hues with lush, velvety petals, glistening sharp thorns, and dark viridian leaves. Small bushes, with miniature blossoms, cluster around ones taller than even the tallest giantman, and several varieties of vining roses loop through lilac trees and climb the large stone walls.
>l tree
Throughout the garden, pairs of lilac trees are twined together into miniature bowers, inviting guests to step into the shade and rest. In the far corner of the garden abutting the wall, surrounded by moonflower vines wrestling with climbing roses, several lilac trees lean conspiratorially together, and a gap just large enough for a person leads inside.
>l pond
The green-black water of the pond glimmers in the ambient light, but no hint of the pond's depth can be seen. Dark green grass grows right up to the edge of the pond, scattered with several varieties of flowers. Crimson water lilies with emerald pads float next to pink-flushed yellow lotuses, and a bronze mermaid fountain covered in verdigris rises unused from the center of the pond
>l wall
A series of briars and vines climbs the garden wall, which is made of riverstone to match a rose-covered riverstone cottage. The edges of lilac trees can be seen over the high wall, and with each tiny movement of air, the smell of roses carries from the garden beyond.

[Inside the Lilac Trees]
Several lilac trees have grown together, their upper limbs interlocking high above to form a nearly impenetrable roof. Just enough light filters through to see by, and the denseness of the lilac thicket mutes the sounds from the outside world. Branches reach invitingly out to serve as benches, and a series of small shelves hold a few small items. Resting on the springy grass, at the center of the bower, is a small marble altar carved with a rose-and-ivy intaglio.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/17/2021 07:40 PM CDT
>>didn't know they were yours. Love briars, especially in the T3 form

Yay! Glad they're still liked by a (very smart) niche group <3

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/17/2021 08:53 PM CDT

Oh wow, had no idea there was another half of the story on the forehead gems. Very nice! And sad!
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/19/2021 04:13 AM CDT
Xynwen,

I don't think I've seen raffles where people can be snoozing, and still allowed to win. I would like to offer an appreciative thank you. One of the things I've noticed, at least it my neck of the woods, is that due to time differences, I can't make many raffles (especially any in the AM). I don't recall any GM's offering this, and I can understand why.

If others do, that's neat, but I can't recall seeing it (if so, my bad). I just wanted to ensure you knew that there are some who appreciate the ability to still participate and win raffles, even though they cannot be there, just because they can't play during raffle pulls.

-Khaell
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/19/2021 06:45 AM CDT
I don't enter raffles myself, simply because quite a few require you to be paying attention when the raffle is drawn. Also, I don't actually hold interest in most of them.

However, having the option of staying ingame just in case you win is a definite plus.

Kudos and Cheers,
FehMe.
Re: Xynwen's CHE 30th Anniversary Raffles 09/19/2021 11:51 AM CDT
>>If others do, that's neat, but I can't recall seeing it (if so, my bad). I just wanted to ensure you knew that there are some who appreciate the ability to still participate and win raffles, even though they cannot be there, just because they can't play during raffle pulls.

You're very welcome! And I'm sure others do it as well. I just used to be west coast and missed a lot back in the day because I wasn't near the east coast, and I feel for people in non-US timezones and want them to have opportunities too!

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM