Annex transport update to House pins! 03/31/2017 12:56 AM CDT
Thanks to GM Retser (who you all know and love), you can now TURN your house pin from most rooms in town and be transported to your House annex in the same realm! Simply TURN the pin again to return to your starting point. And it's unlimited!

(NOTE: If you try to exit the annex area, you'll be automatically transported back to where you entered from since this is not a shortcut to anywhere. Also if the room currently blocks magical transport IN or OUT, this will be blocked as well -- sorry Vaalorians!)

All new annexes built after this release must have their locations reviewed and approved for inclusion in this teleportation system.

Big thanks to GM Retser for coding it, GM Wyorm for QC'ing it, and GM Coase, GM Sleken, GM Galene, and GM Haliste for approvals to make this possible!

~Elidi~
Re: Annex transport update to House pins! 03/31/2017 08:45 AM CDT
Very cool.

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Annex transport update to House pins! 03/31/2017 09:16 AM CDT
Having recently had occasion to get lost in trying to find the Solhaven, Icemule, and Four Winds locker annexes, I thank you for this addition. :)
Re: Annex transport update to House pins! 04/05/2017 09:06 PM CDT
I bugged this in game as well:

I used my FWI transport to go to FWI. I walked/ran to my House locker as one would do before this new update. When I exit the Sovyn arch I go here instead of outside the arch and into the hallway:

[Cobblestone Path]
The path meanders along, lit only by the pale moonlight, as neither lantern nor home flank the cobblestone path here. The sweet scent of wildflowers wafts across the cool evening breeze. In the distance, the calming lull of crickets can be heard, the sound mingled with the intermittent hoot of a lone owl. You also see a red wagon with a small sign on it.
Re: Annex transport update to House pins! 04/06/2017 08:33 AM CDT
>>I used my FWI transport to go to FWI. I walked/ran to my House locker as one would do before this new update. When I exit the Sovyn arch I go here instead of outside the arch and into the hallway:

This should be fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

~Elidi~
Re: Annex transport update to House pins! 04/06/2017 11:18 AM CDT
This is a great quality of life feature. Thanks for the update!
Re: Annex transport update to House pins! 04/06/2017 06:40 PM CDT

Great update, thanks!

Askip

:D
CHE Pins Update 04/14/2017 05:43 PM CDT
Hey Everyone, due to an issue that came up the TURN function to RETURN to where you entered from has been blocked.

You will still be able to return to where you entered from when TURNing the pin by exiting out the new arch/door/portal.

Retser, ASGM
Re: Annex transport update to House pins! 05/16/2017 02:45 PM CDT
I realize I'm late to the thread and all, but I just found out about this recently. HUGE thank you, it makes FWI locker visits about 75% less aggravating
Re: CHE Pins Update 05/18/2018 05:14 PM CDT
1) This is one my favorite QOL updates to have been put in place during my five-year absence.

2) It looks really weird when you're in the room someone pin-transported out of, and they return, and you see "Name walks through an orange House whatver curtain" (or whatever the exit for their annex is) as their return movement text even though there is no curtain in the room you're in. Is there a way that messaging can be changed?
Re: CHE Pins Update 05/19/2018 02:19 PM CDT
>2) It looks really weird when you're in the room someone pin-transported out of, and they return, and you see "Name walks through an orange House whatver curtain" (or whatever the exit for their annex is) as their return movement text even though there is no curtain in the room you're in. Is there a way that messaging can be changed?

Some critter movements do this too. You get the message as if you were in a different room to the one you are in. It is annoying.
Re: CHE Pins Update 05/21/2018 09:16 PM CDT
>It looks really weird when you're in the room someone pin-transported out of, and they return, and you see "Name walks through an orange House whatver curtain" (or whatever the exit for their annex is) as their return movement text even though there is no curtain in the room you're in. Is there a way that messaging can be changed?

Can you send me a log where this is happening? I did some testing today and was not able to reproduce it. What I saw when the player turned the pin to leave and then came back to the same room:

GN>
XXX taps her pin and slowly fades away.
GN>
A troublesome tropical spirit hurriedly flits out of sight.
GN>
XXX just arrived.

~Elidi~
Re: CHE Pins Update 05/21/2018 09:16 PM CDT
>It looks really weird when you're in the room someone pin-transported out of, and they return, and you see "Name walks through an orange House whatver curtain" (or whatever the exit for their annex is) as their return movement text even though there is no curtain in the room you're in. Is there a way that messaging can be changed?

Can you send me a log where this is happening? I did some testing today and was not able to reproduce it. What I saw when the player turned the pin to leave and then came back to the same room:

GN>
XXX taps her pin and slowly fades away.
GN>
A troublesome tropical spirit hurriedly flits out of sight.
GN>
XXX just arrived.

~Elidi~
Re: CHE Pins Update 05/22/2018 05:44 AM CDT
It happened in the River's Rest Town Commons (and I believe the person was coming out of House Paupers' annex). I'm guessing the issue might have to do with how the exits from House Annexes are coded in that particular town, more than it does with the pins?
Re: CHE Pins Update 05/23/2018 10:30 AM CDT
Transport messaging back to town should be working properly now.

~Elidi~