Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 03/13/2016 10:17 PM CDT
It's been a while since we added any new foods or drinks to our pantry, and that just will not do! Now is your chance to leave your mark on Paupers for members and guests to enjoy.

Design a new food or drink (or both, but each member will only be awarded a win for a food OR a drink) to be kept in Paupers' pantry and placed on our movable cart for events or whenever we feel like it. (Drinks do NOT have to be alcoholic. The right non-alcoholic beverage may be well accepted!)

RULES:
1) The item must be in-genre and appropriate for Elanthia. Pizza is out; cheese-topped flatbread is in.
2) Custom taste messaging will be considered, but is not guaranteed. The custom taste is subject to the discretion of the Paupers Officers and the CHE Controller.
3) A member will only win a prize for a food OR a drink.
4) Submissions must be timestamped by 3:01am ET (12:01am PT) on Sunday, March 20 for consideration.
5) Submissions will ONLY be accepted by email to HouseofPaupers @ gmail.com. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of your entry submission.

PRIZES:
In addition to submission to the CHE Controller to be added to Paupers' pantry, the members submitting the winning food and drink will each receive 500k in silvers. The Paupers Officers will also choose second and third place winners who will receive 250k (2nd place) and 125k (3rd place).

Questions can be posted here or emailed to HouseofPaupers @ gmail.com.

~Lady Traiva Verethundi, Chatelaine of Paupers
. . . and her Muse
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 03/14/2016 07:32 AM CDT
Can we get a list of food/drink that already exist please so we don't duplicate? Thank you.

This isn't normal!
What do you mean this isn't normal!?!
This is way worse!!
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 03/15/2016 09:00 PM CDT
>>Can we get a list of food/drink that already exist please so we don't duplicate? Thank you.

Here's what our pantry looks like now.

a bowl of hot and spicy soupa fresh mixed fruit kaboba wide glass of ice cold milk
some fluffy pink spun sugarsome skewered barbecued sausagesome buttery sweet popcorn
some dusted fried dougha giant spicy smoked turkey drumsticka stein of cherry mead
a small bowl of cherry-topped ice creama spear of buttery asparagusa sugar-dusted strawberry
a rolton skewera goblet of warm blackberry brandya glass of creamy iced coffee
a tall glass of Warden's Home Brewa glass of kiwi lemonadea tankard of Pauper's brew
a small marshmallow ghosta mug of strong apple meada cup of hot spiced tea
a decanter of misty grey liquorsome blood-red winea bottle of blueberry rum
a mug of pale Ghastly Groga sugar-rimmed glass of lime liquorsome dwarven stout
a cup of tropical iced teaa wide glass of cranberry-apple juicea mug of hot chocolate
a glass of Treasurer's Taxa fresh-baked chocolate chip cookiea handful of colorful party candy
an icy cold bottle of beera small shot of swirling purple juicea ghost-shaped cinnamon cracker
a cup of steaming rose teaa fried and battered frog lega fried cheese-stuffed shrimp
a slice of warm pumpkin piea dusty mug of Custodian's Speciala wide glass of warm Spider Cider
a stein of thick silver alea small snifter of Dame Delighta bread bowl of chunky soup
some rum-soaked vanilla cakea cup of hot fresh-roasted coffeea honey-dipped tiny roasted quail
a spider egg-covered cookiea roasted bacon-wrapped chestnuta stein of emerald-hued ale
a bunch of grapes a cup of effervescent punch

Happy concocting!
~the Muse
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 05/12/2016 09:29 PM CDT
Did anything ever come of this?
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 05/14/2016 12:31 PM CDT
Ops, Totally forgot to enter something for this. DOH!

This isn't normal!
What do you mean this isn't normal!?!
This is way worse!!
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 05/20/2016 11:14 PM CDT
Well, in case it got lost in the leadership shuffle, I was pretty happy with my entries and figure I'd post them. If that DQs me from some remaining contest, no biggie.

a carousing
gingerbread man
cookie

A strong taste of ginger tickles your tongue that lingers for a few seconds, tempered by the cookie’s sugar.

The cookie has a strong molasses flavor contrasted by a sharp ginger note.

a pony glass of
finely-aged
port

On the cart/etc. as:

a decanter of
finely-aged
port

On the verge of being too sweet, the tawny beverage has a hint of toffee balancing out the alcohol.

The syrupy liquid has a distinct taste of toasted maroal and a hint of plum.
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 05/21/2016 06:36 PM CDT
Looks like I'll go ahead and reply.

Traiva was the retainer of the HouseofPaupers e-mail address, where all of the entries were submitted. When she left, she would not transfer ownership of the e-mail account to any other officers, even after repeated attempts to contact and obtain the credentials. As such, all entries on this front were lost.

Fast Forward a few months later, and we brought on some new officers in Nyatherra, Xecnephias, and Sasathi. I had concerns with the behavior exhibited by Nyatherra when dealing with our officers, as well as how she conducted herself in LNET. I had high standards for the house and expected our officers to carry themselves as professional and helpful, as I have striven to do in all my interactions. I called for a vote to remove Nyatherra, and while we had 3 chair positions unanimously agree with the notion, the two lower, newer officers, voted against the motion, resulting in a 3:2 vote, insufficient to reach the 2/3 necessary for an officer removal.

I have high standards for myself as well, and I do not wish to work with individuals that find that lewd behavior acceptable, and have that vision for the house, so I stepped down as Warden of House Paupers, and Loralaii followed.

I was hoping/expecting one of the current officers to reply... but I have a feeling there will be silence for a while.

~Whirlin
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 05/21/2016 10:09 PM CDT

It is with great sorrow that House Paupers parts ways with Warden Whirlin, albeit of his own desire. He has served admirably in his position for many years now, although it is likely his exploits and accomplishments outside of Paupers will far overshadow such with.

Fear not, House Paupers Members...the future is bright, despite the loss of such an enigmatic figure. The House, the Fellowship, lives on...we look forward to great adventures in the future.

Truly Yours, dedicated,

Thondalar, Bartender of House Paupers
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 05/22/2016 02:20 AM CDT

This is very sad that two highly respected officers of this house felt the need to resign and were over turned in vote regarding removing the underlying problem. (Cause of all the drama said person named in Whirlin's post, and said person KNOWS how they act on LNet and in-game. Not a respectable choice at all to represent as an officer. Completely shameful) It goes to show that loyalty is not what matters at all apparently in house Paupers. So thus I have removed myself and any said family associates. So has my fiancee'. I liked Paupers over any other house. It's sad they lost their integrity and honor. Good Luck Whirlin and Loralaii. I wish you the best of travels friends. I know you will succeed wherever you land.

~Siierra
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 05/22/2016 07:45 PM CDT

If any officer violates any Rules, House or otherwise in-game, they would be immediately removed. No rules were violated, nor did anyone request or attempt to force Whirlin or Loralaii to leave. They both left on their own, and they have been replaced with previous Officers Traiva and Tolwynn, who both have an excellent history of serving House Paupers in an officer capacity.

Paupers is one of the oldest Houses in the lands, and is the largest, by both area and membership. Several years ago, the entire officer staff of Paupers left quite suddenly, and a call went out. This call was answered by myself, Traiva, and Whirlin...we've Chaired this House since then, with the exception of Traiva leaving briefly, and now Whirlin leaving, but Traiva returning.

Anyone who has any experience with the CHE system understands that, while we play our characters in-game, there are real-life considerations. Being an officer isn't a lifetime post, and we're all still people regardless, and people tend to have disagreements.

I could point out the fact that two very active and long-term officers Traiva and Tolwynn left when we brought on a certain other officer to Paupers, and the uncanny parallels between that situation and this one, but...I'll leave it at that.

Suffice to say, there is more than one side to every story. I, personally, am sorry it turned out like this. I hear Whirlin and Loralaii have landed softly with Siierra at Rone Academy, and I look forward to future Event Co-operation between our great Houses.

Ultimately, our job as officers of any House is to support and provide for the extra-curricular entertainment of the player base. I sincerely hope we can get past any petty squabbles between people that might hinder that.

-Thondalar, Bartender of House Paupers
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 05/22/2016 09:55 PM CDT
So you didn't like my gingerbread man. Got it! Thanks!
Re: Contest Time! Design a food or drink for the pantry 05/24/2016 08:48 PM CDT
>>So you didn't like my gingerbread man. Got it! Thanks!

Once a few things are settled out, we will run the contest again, because the pantry does need some freshening up! Look for a new announcement in June!

~Traiva