Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 05/16/2018 12:00 AM CDT
This July, the House of the Argent Aspis will be hosting the 23rd Annual Bardfest in celebration of Cholen's Eve!

Aspis' longstanding annual celebration of Elanthian culture and creativity will run from July 16th through 18th, with Finals performances on Tuesday July 24th. All aspiring performers are encouraged to pre-register to ensure that you get a coveted performance slot in Elanthia’s oldest festival.

Register here: 🎶 https://goo.gl/forms/hO3nofEwNa13LFyw1 🎶

Everyone is a bard at heart - Share your performance art at Bardfest this year! Our Grand Prize will be 10 million silvers, and the winner's name will be inscribed for all time on the Bardfest Trophy on display in the Wehnimer's Landing museum, alongside all our illustrious and talented past winners. Runners-up will receive comparable sums, and all attendees are ensured several evenings of the best entertainment Elanthia has to offer!

See our Bardfest Rules (http://www.houseaspis.com/bardfest/bardfest-rules) for details on how performances are judged. If you have any questions about Bardfest, the rules, or anything else, please do not hesitate to post here or seek out an Aspis officer.

Please also look out for our Roar into Bardfest events on May 19th and 20th, and June 9th and 10th.

The House of Paupers is joining the Cholen's Eve celebrations with the 3rd Annual Topsy-Turvy Masque on Saturday July 21st from 9:30-11pm ET in the Pauper's tent outside House Aspis. Prizes will be awarded for the best mask, the best cross-dressed costuming, the best dancing, and for a few mystery categories as well!

And on July 20th from 10:30-11:30pm ET, Paupers has contracted with a skilled tailor to spice up your Masque or Finals performance outfit! Follow the musical notes to Pauper's tent outside House Aspis in July!

-Seomanthe Bartley-Olberath
--Argent Scribe

~ 23rd Annual House of the Argent Aspis Bardfest ~
~ Grand Prize - 10 million silver ~
~ Prelims on July 16, 17, 18, and Finals on July 24th ~
~ Every evening starts at 10pm Eastern ~

~ Bardfest is not limited to bards! Come share your art! ~
~ Register Here: * https://goo.gl/forms/hO3nofEwNa13LFyw1 * ~
Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 06/08/2018 09:01 PM CDT
Roar into Bardfest tomorrow and Sunday in Ta'Vaalor! Saturday the 9th at 6pm ET, and Sunday the 10th at 3pm ET in the Aspis tent by Kai's Statue.

And don't forget... Register for Bardfest! Performance slots are limited, don't miss your chance to perform on Elanthia's most famous stage :)

~ Register Here: 🎶 https://goo.gl/forms/hO3nofEwNa13LFyw1 🎶 ~
Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 06/29/2018 11:52 PM CDT
There's just one more week to register for Bardfest! If you're on the fence, hurry up and get off it - space is limited!

~ Register Here: 🎶 https://goo.gl/forms/hO3nofEwNa13LFyw1 🎶 ~
Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 07/07/2018 02:02 AM CDT
Bardfest registration is now closed! All those who registered should have an email from me as of a few hours ago-- if you didn't receive it please let me know!

/seo, wheels and skulls department/
Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 07/13/2018 07:26 PM CDT
Bardfest starts this Monday! 10pm eastern at House Aspis, be there or be an art-hating heathen! <3 Follow the musical note path from TSSE to the Amphitheatre

ALSO - Buy raffle tickets to support Bardfest!

>>Raffles will be set up on Sunday 7/15!<<

Item: a spiraled lor asaya capped with a glowing crimson orb, 5x/5x runestaff
Ticket price: 50000
Drawing date: 7/22
Drawing time: 9:00pm eastern
Ticket Instructions: This raffle is for a fifth enchant runestaff with five levels of acuity and will provide support for the Bardfest celebration! The runestaff will come with two matching warrior-made slings crafted by Warrior Guildmaster Ulaahn. Winner need not be present but must be awake somewhere. An Aspis officer will contact you for pickup.

Item: a perfect mithril greatsword, 7x, fully lightened
Drawing time: 9:10pm eastern
Ticket instructions: This raffle is for a seventh enchant, perfectly forged greatsword, and will provide support for the Bardfest celebration! The greatsword will come with a warrior-made harness crafted by Warrior Guildmaster Ulaahn. Winner need not be present but must be awake somewhere. An Aspis officer will contact you for pickup.

Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 07/13/2018 09:01 PM CDT
ALSO! Don't forget that The House of Paupers is joining the Cholen's Eve celebrations with House Aspis!

July 20th from 10:30-11:30pm ET, Paupers has contracted with a merchant to spice up your Masque or Finals performance outfit! Follow the musical notes to Pauper's tent outside House Aspis!

The 3rd Annual Topsy-Turvy Masque on Saturday July 21st from 9:30-11pm ET in the Pauper's tent outside House Aspis. Prizes will be awarded for the best mask, the best cross-dressed costuming, the best dancing, and for a few mystery categories as well!

Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 07/17/2018 11:59 PM CDT
After two nights of performances, the scores have been tallied! Please join me and House Aspis in congratulating our Bardfest 5118 Finalists, in no particular order:

Corpip
Nehor
Jersea
Nazaar
Meril
Regwen

The theme words assigned for the Finals night pieces are...

Vegetable and Sass

Good luck to the Bardfest finalists!

Other Important Reminders

Events

July 20th from 10:30-11:30pm ET
The House of Paupers has contracted with a merchant to spice up your Masque or Finals performance outfit! Follow the musical notes to Pauper's tent outside House Aspis (Lich# 378)

July 21st from 9:30-11pm ET
The House of Paupers is joining the Cholen's Eve celebrations with the 3rd Annual Topsy-Turvy Masque in the Pauper's tent outside House Aspis. Prizes will be awarded for the best mask, the best cross-dressed costuming, the best dancing, and for a few mystery categories as well!

Raffles

Item: a spiraled lor asaya capped with a glowing crimson orb, 5x/5x runestaff
Drawing time: 9:00pm eastern
Ticket Instructions: This raffle is for a fifth enchant runestaff with five levels of acuity and will provide support for the Bardfest celebration! The runestaff will come with two matching warrior-made slings crafted by Warrior Guildmaster Ulaahn. Winner need not be present but must be awake somewhere. An Aspis officer will contact you for pickup.

Item: a perfect mithril greatsword, 7x, fully lightened
Drawing time: 9:10pm eastern
Ticket instructions: This raffle is for a seventh enchant, perfectly forged greatsword, and will provide support for the Bardfest celebration! The greatsword will come with a warrior-made harness crafted by Warrior Guildmaster Ulaahn. Winner need not be present but must be awake somewhere. An Aspis officer will contact you for pickup.

Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 07/25/2018 12:52 AM CDT
Alas! Bardfest is OVER ALREADY! I know, I can hardly believe it either. After two nights of prelims and one great and uproarious night of finals, the latest Bardfest Champion has been chosen!

🎶 Bardfest 5118 Results! 🎶
1st Place: Jersea
2nd Place: Nehor, Illona, & Anryk
3rd Place: Nazarr
4th Place: Corpip

Please be sure to congratulate them!

House Aspis sends special thanks to the following people and groups, without whom Bardfest would not have been possible: Traiva and House Paupers, Aendir and House Sylvanfair, Eruheran and House Sovyn, Shirkon and House Phoenix, Talinvor and the Obsidian Tower, GM Elidi, Dremerie, Nihrvanah, Richaard, Dethnyain, and Ulaahn.

Thanks to everyone who attended Bardfest and our Roar into Bardfest events this year. We're looking forward to seeing you all again next summer!

Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 07/25/2018 07:17 AM CDT
I just wanted to thank the performers and House Aspis for a wonderful event. Thank you so much, for all the work you did to host it, Aspis, it was another year of fun and obviously hard work by all of you. And to the performers from last night and last week, you all amaze me. It takes so much courage to get up there and share what you've created, and each of you should be proud. I know I am!

-GK!

Ysharra says, "One day, I'm going to have "What?" inscribed on your tombstone, with lots of helpful punctuation."
Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 07/26/2018 08:46 AM CDT
Dearest Seo and crew,

Thank you so much for all of your hardwork to make another fun Bardfest. I wasn't able to attend the preliminaries on any of my characters, but I enjoyed the finals immensely. I know it takes a lot of time (and a little panic at times!) to put these together and I'm so grateful that you all volunteered (or were perhaps voluntold). Events like these are what keep this game so alive and vibrant. I also love the nostalgia of sitting down to Bardfest and knowing it's been a part of our collective game experience for so many years - as well as just being able to look in the room and see so many friends and recognizable acquaintainces enjoying their time together.

The memorial to Thia was very touching, as well. While I was a tiny part of her online life and vice versa, I am genuinely moved that she is remembered so well by everyone who knew her better. (I primarily knew her wit and warm personality on the boards! And when Darcena was a Mentor.) Over the years we all become entwined threads of each others existence and I'm so thankful that so many efforts have been made to make sure she's kept alive in our memories. Those of you who knew her well will never forget, but I don't want to forget, either. Connie posted her condolences back when Suz/Fawn passed, and this was her signature line quote: "There will be laughter after pain; there will be sunshine after rain. (Mark Knopfler)"

Thank you to the performers for the time you put in as well to entertain us and become a part of the fabric of the game. I can't imagine that it's without its harrowing moments.

Again - thank you for putting on an event that made me laugh uproariously, touched my heart, tickled my imagination, and allowed me to spend time with people I love. (I'm especially looking at you Shiril. Come play with me more often. I love your face.)

--Jen

>Darcena says, "But I cannot give my heart to someone else, when I no longer own it."
>Balley nods and softly says, "I hope you will find your heart and heal one day."
>Darcena admits, wincing, "I think he ate it."
>Balley's jaw drops and she softly says, "Really. Men are jerks at times."
Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 07/26/2018 10:11 PM CDT
Thank you so much for the kind words, Jen :) It's a lot of organizing work, but it's work I look forward to for all the reasons you mentioned. I made sure to share your post with the House in case anyone doesn't check the forums <3

Re: Argent Aspis' 23rd Annual Bardfest! (July 2018) 07/28/2018 11:49 AM CDT

Yes, thanks for hosting Bardfest. It is something I look forward to (sometimes with trepidation!)

It was a fun and interesting night.

I'm sure Dremerie has no idea how uhhh... challenging... her theme words were to begin with. But after a little inspiration and a LOT of scribbling I hope I made a few people chuckle. I guess I must have.

Thanks to hosts and helpers. Thanks for the pin (and the note.) I'm getting quite the collection!

Jersea and her shadow