Bard Fest Question 05/26/2015 11:27 AM CDT
Couldn't find a place on the website to contact, so figured I would post here.

Regarding this rule for Bard Fest:
8. The presentation must never have been performed in a previous Bardfest or any other competition or performance troupe. Any such performance will be disqualified.

I have a story that I would need to edit a bit to fit into the time requirements. It has been told once at a House Event (not a contest, just a lore event), does that count under this rule? I wasn't sure what was meant by performance troupe.

Thanks in advance!
~Kayse

(OOC) You quietly whisper to Riend, "What's the verb for glancing at someone and exhaling?"
(OOC) Farain's player whispers, "I think its kiss farain."
Re: Bard Fest Question 05/26/2015 10:13 PM CDT
Hi Kayse!

After checking in with Aurien, it sounds like a reworked piece that wasn't used in a prior contest would be acceptable for Bardfest. Since your performance will be using the previous telling more as a jumping-off point, and you'll have a chance to take into account the Bardfest environment of being on "Broadway," as it were, you should be in good shape!

/seo, wheels and skulls department/

~ 20th Annual House of the Argent Aspis Bardfest ~
~ Grand Prize - 15 million silver ~
~ 7/13 - 7/15, Finals 7/20 ~
Re: Bard Fest Question 05/27/2015 09:52 AM CDT
>>After checking in with Aurien, it sounds like a reworked piece that wasn't used in a prior contest would be acceptable for Bardfest. Since your performance will be using the previous telling more as a jumping-off point, and you'll have a chance to take into account the Bardfest environment of being on "Broadway," as it were, you should be in good shape!<<

Fantastic! Very excited about this! Thank you for the prompt reply!

~Kayse

(OOC) You quietly whisper to Riend, "What's the verb for glancing at someone and exhaling?"
(OOC) Farain's player whispers, "I think its kiss farain."