WL Annex Crate 11/24/2019 12:49 PM CST
In the last several months, our WL Annex public crate has been cleared
out by pawn-sellers twice. It is not a janitor or game bug, since
they leave behind the worthless items (e.g., herbs).

As officers, our first step was to replenish the crate with useful
items. If you are a member you are free to take any of the items
here! We include lots of things, but please have a care as below.

There is now a note!

>read parch in crate
Dear thief, You will find numerous cursed items in this Beacon Hall
crate. Besides this punishment, if you continue selling our items to
the pawnshop, we will discover your identity. Regards, The Mangement.
PS: Members, please see the communications about how we have
booby-trapped the crate and take proper precaution.

==BLACKLISTED ITEMS==
(redacted here)

If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask.
Re: WL Annex Crate 11/24/2019 04:59 PM CST
Just to make sure, the parchment/note does actually show which items have the thief-curse on them, correct? So that those of us who only peruse the forums and not Discord, still know which things are safe and such?
Re: WL Annex Crate 11/25/2019 09:19 AM CST
>Just to make sure, the parchment/note does actually show which items have the thief-curse on them, correct? So that those of us who only peruse the forums and not Discord, still know which things are safe and such?

Correct, you have no way to know. Send me an email by DAID@PLAY.NET for a list and your membership status. This is intentional, and I regret the difficulties encountered.
Re: WL Annex Crate 11/25/2019 09:21 AM CST
Alternately, all "blacklisted" items are on the HOUSE MOD (aka login spam) and house blackboards.
Re: WL Annex Crate 11/25/2019 10:24 AM CST
I'm sorry to hear someone is mis-using your donation bin. If folks are looking for pawn fodder, I recommend the bench areas in town centers. Those things could always use some sprucing up. Anyway, hopefully these measures you have taken do the trick.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: WL Annex Crate 11/25/2019 03:26 PM CST
Spoke with DAID/Kaldonis via teh emails, and all has been sorted out. I found the list of 'blacklisted' things on the house blackboard, so all is well.

I'm sorry people are mis-using our donation bin, and that it had to come to cursing things to try and prevent it, but it's better than not having the donation bin at all, in my opinion!

~Jezria, River Rat and Bar Wench
Re: WL Annex Crate 11/28/2019 01:11 PM CST
Maybe consider adding a script to the crate such that a non-officer can only remove 1 item per <period of time>?

-- Robert

Wex winks before saying, "Cravin' some winterberry ale? Head on over to White Haven!"