Beacon Hall Annexes the Kobold Village! 05/11/2015 05:19 AM CDT
(Cross posting with Towns > Wehnimer's Landing)

A tattered journal in the Marsh Keep near River's Rest tells something of the tale of the necromancer Syssanis, who upon a time made travel to and from the Landing much simpler:

>The bearded man directs his gaze out the window before resuming his journal entry, "The portal to the frontier town to the north has already proven itself useful. Servants have successfully returned with ingredients that I require that are not commonly available nearby. Furthermore, when I have perfected my technique on the nearby human population, I would like to expand to experimentation on the other races. This "Landing," they call it, teems with all the many civilized races. Furthermore, my success may require I depart this swamp and seek a place far from the jurisdiction of the Empire. This town may be suitable for such purposes." The man gestures at the journal and it closes, the quill falling silently to lie beside it. He then turns and departs through a small door in the wall.

This was accomplished by magical portals (a log and a boot, respectively), activated by the destruction of crystal amulets. Unfortunately, on the River's Rest side, the log was blown up during the krolvin invasion of 5101. Yet, even today, the boot can still be found in the rank and funky King's Loo in the kobold village.

In homage to this history, as well as with an interest to expand our influence to the teeming frontier town of Wehnimer's Landing, Beacon Hall Archive proudly announces that we have annexed a portion of the kobold village! We cleared out a small Commons Park to remind us of home, including the transplantation of a sizable willow tree. A modest manor was also erected. The main attraction is a museum gallery, containing a number of artifacts donated to our collection by Railien, many which include loresongs. Overlooking the gallery is a small library loft, where we have already begun a tidy collection of travel journals and cookbooks for your perusal. Finally, there is a small private lounge for our members, including access to lockers, a small pool, and of course, winterberry ale.

As most of the grounds are open to the public, you are free to come explore our new edifice; it can be found past a second hedge, just down from the main hedge used to enter the kobold village. In a couple months' time, we will have an opening ceremony and formal tour.

We thank the hard work of everyone who made this possible, from the simple kobold librarian to the architects and builders.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: Beacon Hall Annexes the Kobold Village! 07/02/2015 12:15 PM CDT
IT'S FINALLY THAT TIME!

(Cross-posted in Upcoming Events)

What: Join Beacon Hall as we formally herald our new home away from home: an annex in the Kobold Village!

When: Sunday, July 5th at 10:00 PM EST

Why: Because kobolds? Because a huge pile of artifacts? Because Khiya will show up! Because of blood, sweat, and tears.

Where: The Kobold Village near Wehnimer's Landing. It's another hedge...

How: Wait for our pesky kobolds to run around town. Then head on over.

(OOC: This is in lich and narost. Check the wl-beacon_hall map if you need but...it's not that hard to find.)

Afterwards, we will leap from the Treehouse near Town Square Central. And probably cast Breeze flooding Town Square with winterberry ale, pickles, Beacon blend coffee, and lots of notes.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p