New Domain / URL / Website / Wiki 03/27/2014 05:34 AM CDT
http://www.beaconhall.net/

It's fresh out of the box. The engine it runs requires no logins and no passwords to edit most material or make new pages. There are, however, a number of spambots and various security features implemented.

We might try something else later, but this was easy to setup on my server.

Not enough stuff there for your tastes? Please contribute!

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)
Re: New Domain / URL / Website / Wiki 03/27/2014 10:59 AM CDT
I added a new page. How do I get the site to associate my character name with my IP address?

-- Robert
Re: New Domain / URL / Website / Wiki 03/28/2014 07:48 PM CDT
>How do I get the site to associate my character name with my IP address?

Don't think there's anything for it. If there are sections in a given page (those begin with an asterisk), it will stick some hashtag next to the section name in the raw data when it's edited. Honestly I don't even remember what this hashtag represents, but it's some kind of timestamp and IP related business. For example, on one section on Kaldonis's page it has [#db4e81a2].

I think it's possible to use your own tag of any kind to kind of sign your content if you like, though I need to confirm if the wiki overwrites those tags ever on its own or not.

But the long story is there's only one password and for now only the officers have it. You might notice I made pages for all the officers and said lots of them eat poop and such to get them contributing to the page. There's nothing really to stop anyone from making or changing a page for your character to say the same thing.

On the upside, I get email logs of all the edits, if it makes you feel any better. My server also does regular backups in the instance that someone came and deleted all the pages, etc.

If I set up a server at my home, I might go away from this engine and use one with logins etc. But for now, this is what I can get to run on my server at work without installing extra software.

In any event, thanks for the contributions!

~daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)
Re: New Domain / URL / Website / Wiki 03/28/2014 08:16 PM CDT
The only reason I asked is that it appears that some of the content is signed using a Gemstone name vs. an IP address. That said, this works just fine for me and thanks for getting it up and running!

-- Robert
Re: New Domain / URL / Website / Wiki 04/16/2014 07:54 AM CDT
>For example, on one section on Kaldonis's page it has [#db4e81a2]

Incidentally, I figured out that's for linking to the section and auto-generates.

It works to auto-generate #contents for the top.

I put the feature on to some pages for anyone who is likely to care to see as a template. But I figured I should address the point here since I claimed it might be for tracking who has made edits (some kind of unique hash) but it definitely is not.

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.