CoL High Taskmaster Wait Times 10/04/2021 02:57 AM CDT
When waiting out the BOUNTY task timer, we can log off and back in in fifteen minutes to get another task. That gives us time to play another character while waiting for another bounty.

Why isn't this the case with the CoL Taskmaster? I've recently had, say, a two hour wait time for my next step. Instead of being able to log out and play another character like I can with the Adventurer/Bounty Guild, the CoL timer is ingame time-based, so you have to be ingame in order for time to pass.

Honestly, the two aren't consistent, and I'd like to request that someone pick one idea and stick with it.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers.
Re: CoL High Taskmaster Wait Times 10/04/2021 05:18 AM CDT
See also Reim Emperor/Empress pair.
Your time in Reim (the two hour event) counts down by real time, but the ten-minute duration for the two of them counts down by logged in time.
Re: CoL High Taskmaster Wait Times 10/04/2021 12:00 PM CDT
CoL is OLD... it's core mechanics haven't been touched in ages upon ages.

The Bounty system, and it's task timer, is much newer, comparatively.

If anything changes, it's going to be CoL, and with that will come a LOT of other changes to CoL, and probably changes that a lot of people aren't going to like (ala, the Bard Review).

So, no, the two aren't consistent... it's a product of age for CoL, and it probably isn't going to change any time soon.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Inquisitor of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair