Symbol of Need update/improvement 06/28/2020 05:17 PM CDT
Just wanted to post an idea I had to make Symbol of Need more useful, especially given the pending ESP updates. (I posted this in the ESP discussion thread, but this update will be separate, so figured I should post again here.)

My suggestion is to move the current Symbol of Need to Symbol of Thought (since the current Thought will be unnecessary with the new ESP). These days, broadcasting your location (only to other voln members) on or before death seems pretty weak for a rank 18 ability. This will be especially true if crystal amulets are given the ability to do the same broadcast to a single person, as seems to be the current plan for the ESP revamp.

For the new Symbol of Need, I would add a more unique ability, which still would still be the epitome of "Need". I would make this the ability to pull someone to you (across the same distance as a gold ring, say), with their permission (maybe based on befriend status, like tables). In normal usage, I would have it restricted to other voln members. But 1x/day you can use it while dead or incapacitated to pull anyone, not just voln members (again limited by normal gold ring teleportation distances). In either case, the character being pulled would have to be alive & well (not incapacitated or deeply injured), so they can actually help (not meant to be a rescue-replacement).

Think this would be fairly difficult to use effectively when incapacitated (the pullee would have to respond quickly!), but when done right would be really exciting and fun. And would be more fitting of the rank 18 ability. Would also keep the spirit of Voln as the more community/group-based society. Don't think it would be too over-powered, given that you have to target someone who's online, in the same realm, and willing/able to help.

- Greminty