Guardians of Sunfist 07/14/2019 10:18 PM CDT
So I am having trouble locating in my first Warcamp...

**You focus intently on your sigil as its power begins to reach out into your immediate surroundings and beyond...

You sense the presence of no hated enemies nearby.

You sense some faint interference with your sigil coming from somewhere nearby, though you cannot seem to locate it.**

Thats the message I get using Sigil of Location anytime outside an area that has any hated enemies.

When I use it an area with Hated Enemies, I do not get any response at all about a Warcamp at all.

Am I doing something wrong...is Sigil of Location using level to find the Warcamp (only level 10 atm).
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 07/14/2019 10:38 PM CDT
You sense some faint interference with your sigil coming from somewhere nearby, though you cannot seem to locate it.**

Think of this message as "warm" when you're using it. Meaning, there is a warcamp in your immediate area, but not in the room you're currently in. You basically have to check every room in an area until you find the matching room (a patch of air will form opening the path).

There are some lich scripts to help automate the process.

Dgry
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 07/14/2019 10:46 PM CDT
Ok, originally I thought that but after searching in all directions for about 4 clicks either way I moved on.

One more reason I need to get a second system that utilizes Lich I guess.

When you say "warm", are we talking fairly close or this is like searching for an Heirloom and it just does a check/roll each time?
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 07/14/2019 10:57 PM CDT

This is frustrating...so basically Sigil of Location tells you:

There is a Warcamp in Elanthia.

Im a good 10-12 clicks in all directions and the messaging is constant--searching each room as I go.

I like that I have to look for it as opposed to just going to an area and killing the creatures, but basically this is just a 3 second RT, like I am sneaking. What kind of range are we talking about with this Sigil?
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 07/14/2019 11:09 PM CDT
You sense some faint interference with your sigil coming from somewhere nearby, though you cannot seem to locate it.

This is the messaging you get when there's a warcamp somewhere in the immediate area as determined by what the LOCATION verb tells you.

Some areas are large, some are small. If you're looking for a warcamp on the Vornavian Coast, for instance, you've got a crapton of rooms to find that in. You could get that message and the actual camp could be 20-30 rooms away, depending on the size of the area you're searching.

Pro tip from someone who has mastered GoS a handful of times or so: search for camps in small areas. The wilds of FWI (outside the south gate of Mist Harbor) are a great spot, because there's only four LOCATION areas (Monsoon Jungle, Forbidden Hills, Cloud Forest, and Shimmering Mists) and there's usually two camps per area.

TL;DR - The key to finding warcamps quickly is knowing the bounds of areas named by LOCATION and searching in smaller ones.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 07/14/2019 11:42 PM CDT
<search for camps in small areas. The wilds of FWI (outside the south gate of Mist Harbor) are a great spot, because there's only four LOCATION areas (Monsoon Jungle, Forbidden Hills, Cloud Forest, and Shimmering Mists) and there's usually two camps per area.>

There's a REALLY easy to find one in the Hidden Vale outside RR.... prolly have to dodge a couple hill trolls while sensing it if they spawn before you find it, but there are only 5 rooms to look in. If you don't want to deal with the hill trolls, I'm pretty sure there's one where greater ghouls are outside the Citadel (safer but more rooms to try then Hidden Vale).

Pro tip: keep track of which rooms you find them in, I'm 90% certain they don't move (that or my GoS character has just been REALLY lucky to always find them in the exact same room when he looks)

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 07/15/2019 01:28 AM CDT

I found one which is moving in the right direction.

So whenever I use Location though, it always tells me The Citadel no matter what the Sigil Location tells me...so now I am confused about that. It just seems far to vague, but I’ll keep at it from time to time.
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 07/15/2019 03:14 AM CDT
<So whenever I use Location though, it always tells me The Citadel no matter what the Sigil Location tells me...so now I am confused about that.>

The Citadel, according to LOCATE, is a rather large area that includes multiple hunting areas. Pretty much everything past the blue barrier other then the Hidden Vale/Troll Lair area is considered "The Citadel" by the locate verb.

I'm not sure how Sigil of Location works mechanically, though the wiki page on it contradicts at least one point made in this thread: "The "nearby" is not tied to the LOCATION (verb)"

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 08/27/2019 11:41 AM CDT
Now that the Arena is done sucking up my time, I'm finally getting back around to looking at my Society task.

Is there any sort of regular Sunfist group that goes out and bashes on camps as a group (similar to the Guild Nights that the professions do for reps)?
If not, would anyone like there to be?

Apparently I need to smoke through five of the suckers to be able to get this 15th rank, and that seems... time consuming.
(Most of the ranks were a breeze: [with a break of few (maybe 6-10?) levels in Red Forest treekin, who didn't count] I spent ~25-30 levels in Illoke Stronghold, then yeti, then minotaurs, and back to the Illoke Bowels, and whole BUNCHES of the Arena opponents are considered Hated Enemies.)
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 08/27/2019 12:28 PM CDT
I don't think there's a regular GoS specific group, but some in-game organizations, particularly MHOs, do regular camp burnings as a group. Off the top of my head, I know that Drake's Vanguard burns a camp every Tuesday at 8:30pm eastern, for example.
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 08/27/2019 01:11 PM CDT
Oh, look! Today is Tuesday... :)

(Thanks, Haxus!)
Re: Guardians of Sunfist 10/29/2019 09:53 PM CDT
> so basically Sigil of Location tells you:
>There is a Warcamp in Elanthia.

I'm late to this conversation and you've probably figured it out already, but this statement is incorrect. When you're getting 'something is nearby' it means the general area. So, in TV if you got it when in Yander's farm, there is one in Yander's Farm someplace. If you got it while in Rambling Meadows, you'd need to search all of Rambling Meadows (if you were super unlucky and didn't find it until you got to the very last room).

> I'm 90% certain they don't move

This is also not correct assuming the camp has been burned. If you don't empty a camp and burn it, it will stay in position (of course) until it IS emptied and burned. I can't say that there is absolutely no place in Elanthia where camps always spawn in the same place every time, but it is absolutely not true in general. What IS true is that if an area spawns a camp, it will continue to spawn camps someplace in the area. If an area had a camp at one time and you get a 'nothing around' message, then a new one hasn't spawned in that particular area yet-but it will.

Hope that helps someone...