COL 01/29/2019 12:09 AM CST

So this is just an idea I thought I would throw out there to be shot down, shredded, ran with, or whatever.

Ill try to keep it short but a major amount of my characters are COL (except for one which is on step 10 of Voln), but it seems there is so much more utility with Voln than there is with COL.

I dont use Lich--downloaded it once and there was so much OOC chatter on the Net that it just took away from my game experience (I know it can be filtered, just part of me is old school too).

My idea is, after you have mastered COL, to be able to put the Council on 'retainer' to not let you decompose after a death. In the last minute, before you decompose, if you have 'paid' up front to the local Chapter (weather it be silvers, chrisms, skins, whatever), they bring you to the location.

I think it does a couple things besides adds value to COL...

1) If chrisms are able to used as well on deposit, it increases the market for Clerics able to make them and another boost possibly with maybe more Player Shops coming or more interaction--more Clerics is not a bad thing.

2) With chapters being on the outlying towns, it may encourage more players in those areas during the off peak hours.

3) By having to replenish after each use, it would probably create a market for skins too (higher quality possibly) but not something that could be stacked like deeds.

Ideally I think a combination of silvers, a chrism, and skins would be ideal as its not something that should be cheap, but contribute to the overall market for Gemstone.

Bottom line, the only thing you are mitigating is the decomposing penalty, and possibly the retention of XP--and I dont think those are really game changers with the current status of the game.

Shred away my friends, curious about any thoughts.

(PS. Every morning I drive to work I hear commercials for local bondsman companies, and one even bails you out, drives you home, you get a free t-shirt and a hug!! If I ever (serious hard knock on wood) have to use one, I am getting "The Grand Poobah Bailed Me Out" imprinted on it ;) )