Prepped spells 05/15/2021 07:41 AM CDT
Something weird is going on with prepping spells, and it happened since yesterday/Friday morning (when my run through Reim did not see this happening).

My macro for "renew depression\r incant depression\r" normally lays down depression on everything in the room: either it is already running so the first one goes off and costs me the Renewal of 6 mana, or it is not yet running and the second one goes off and costs me the full mana for the spell. If the first one goes off, I am in castRT so the second one gives me the 'wait' message.

This morning, I started seeing "but you already have another spell prepared!" messages, and dang it if the casting hand of the Wizard didn't show "some other spell" prepared. Usually it was VibeChant/1002, so the 'release' was not terribly bad. But a couple of times it was Disruption, so the release actually cost some useful mana.

And the reason that I had to 'release' was that--despite the game engine telling me that I have a spell prepped/acting as though I do (preventing me from prepping a spell) and requiring me to use release--that spell cannot actually BE CAST; if you cast at your target, it just does nothing. (I have long since scrolled past it, so I cannot give the exact text.)

On the whole, this is pretty frickin' annoying....
Re: Prepped spells 05/16/2021 06:43 AM CDT
(Is there an in-game command to indicate "what spell you have prepared"? I cannot recall one; I always just go by what the Casting Hand on the front end says...)

Got one this morning, so here's what I'm talking about. There were two commands issued: one to renew & one to incant Depression:

You sing with renewed vigor! This is the renewal.
An ethereal guardswoman appears to be struggling with the debilitating force!
CS: +489 - TD: +342 + CvA: +8 + d100: +39 == +194
Warding failed!
An ethereal guardswoman appears slower and looks depressed.
Renewing "Song of Depression" for 6 mana.
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>You already have a different spell readied! You must RELEASE it if you wish to cast another! This is the 'incant' trying to happen.
>
You are now targeting an ethereal guardswoman.
>
[Reim Settlement, Courtyard]
You also see an ethereal guardswoman.
Obvious paths: east, west
>
An ethereal guardswoman removes a plain wooden arrow from in her quiver.
An ethereal guardswoman fires a plain wooden arrow at you!
AS: +472 vs DS: +591 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +74 = -21
A clean miss.
The wooden arrow breaks apart and crumbles away.
>You don't have a spellsong prepared! This is the 'release' trying to happen.
>You speak quietly in flowing elven, preparing the Song of Sonic Disruption spell... This is me having to prep/cast the spell again.
Your spellsong is ready.

If I already have something prepared, why do I then not having prepared? It's funky.