Okay... What?!? 02/07/2021 06:55 AM CST
You speak quietly in flowing elven, preparing the Song of Sonic Disruption spell...
Your spellsong is ready.
>
You weave another verse into your harmony.
CS: +484 - TD: +342 + CvA: +11 + d100: +36 == +189
Warding failed!
An unworldly noble reels under the force of the sonic vibrations!
Sound waves disrupt for 89 damage!
... 65 points of damage!
Tremendous strike!
Vapor rushes from the neck following the blow!
The unworldly noble is stunned!

CS: +484 - TD: +302 + CvA: -17 + d100: +100 == +265
Warding failed!
An unworldly guest reels under the force of the sonic vibrations!
Sound waves disrupt for 135 damage!
... 90 points of damage!
Huge hit explodes left arm into cold, viscous mist.
When you look again, the arm has reformed.

You have overextended yourself!
You sustain massive amounts of system shock!
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
An unworldly noble shakes his head side to side trying to clear his thoughts.
>[Reim Castle, East Wing]
You also see an unworldly noble that appears stunned and an unworldly guest.
Obvious exits: north, south, west

Obvious exits: east, west

Obvious exits: east
>You can't go there.
>[Reim Castle, West Wing]

Obvious exits: south, west
>
Glowing with ethereal energy, an unworldly servant strides toward you!
>
Your body plummets downward as the ground gives way beneath your step.

[Pitfall Trap]

Obvious paths: none

An unworldly servant jumps into the pit with you, blocking your way out!
>An unworldly servant gets a wild-eyed look on her face!
An unworldly servant swings a backsword at you!
You barely dodge the attack!
>
You can't go there.
>You can't go there.
> Normal Enhanced
Maximum Mana Points: 317 338
Remaining Mana Points: -50

How exactly does casting a TWENTY mana spell (already had Disruption going) put me at MINUS FIFTY mana? Particularly when I had mana?
(Don't recall how much, but I believe I was still in 'blue'--not even 'red'/bottom of the barrel--even though I was thinking of doing a 'mana pulse'.)

(Yes, I admit that not carrying any wolifrew lichen is on me, so that I cannot escape the pitfall trap. This weekend. Again.)
Re: Okay... What?!? 02/07/2021 09:42 AM CST
Enhancive effect wearing off? 40 worth of max mana potion runs out and you went from -10 to -50? There's usually a check stopping you going through zero when this sort of enhancive wears off but if you were negative already it might get bypassed.
Re: Okay... What?!? 02/07/2021 10:22 AM CST
I only remember the potions every so often in time for Duskruin. And I reloaded all my worn items with silver in January. Certainly not a hundred or more at a single go.

I was above 0, did NOT have a renewal, and ended at -50. Even starting Disrupt new would only be 30 mana cost...
Re: Okay... What?!? 02/07/2021 01:47 PM CST
There was elapsed time between when you went below zero and when you were at -50. I am suggesting that you should look at what might have taken you more negative in that time rather than assuming you went to -50 at the point you went below 0. Your clip is nowhere detailed enough or long enough to tell what actually happened, but you casting is not the only thing that can result in your mana dropping and stuff may not behave the way you expect when your mana is negative. Health can keep leaking after death in some circumstances, a check that stops something taking mana from positive to negative may be being bypassed if it wasn't expecting you could be negative when it was applied.

Interdiction, mana flares, no idea, but they are a couple more things that strike me as possibly having "features" if you were below zero when they triggered.
Re: Okay... What?!? 02/07/2021 03:17 PM CST
No, I was healthy & alive the whole time; mana flares are the other runestaff.
(And they mostly fixed that "bleeding continues" back around when Claedesbrim Castle was re-opened. Some of the bodies were down in the "-17,000 health points" range, and the clerics like me were tired of waiting for greedy healers to get super-saturated a few hundred points at a time. So once all the bleeders were fixed, we just raised 'em anyhow.)

Interdiction is a possibility if one of those creatures was a caster, and you're right I did not scroll back terribly far before that to see. Too busy being miffed. :(

Thanks!
Re: Okay... What?!? 02/07/2021 03:33 PM CST
I don't know what happens but the health thing has popped up since, it all depends on what you do/find.

I last saw it on me in the test server trying the new mount travel system(intentionally bleeding out enroute).