909 bug related to AOE spell changes 01/24/2021 08:13 PM CST
I've noticed that when a creature is knocked down by 909, and subsequently stands back up, the next round of tremors no longer knocks them down again.

I am guess this has to do with the targeting that was implemented with these changes. Perhaps - even though they have stood back up - they are still under the effects of the E/B/P reduction, and so the spell skips them rather than knocking them down again? (Sometimes, the 3rd or 4th round will target them again, possibly because the E/B/P reduction has worn off.)

Whatever the cause, is there any chance hits can be looked into? I feel like 909 should retain its longstanding ability to repeatedly knock down the same creature after they stand up again.

I know you guys are busy, and I really appreciate your time. Thanks a lot.

P.S. Here's a log. Just one example of many. Notice the last line: "Your magic fails to find a target."

[Ruined Temple, Third Floor]
Broken statuary has been imbedded in the walls and floor, wrenched from the small alcoves that housed them and flung about by some great force. Intermingled between torsos, arms, and legs are remnants of the muraled ceiling and roof that once towered overhead. A slender iron rack with a bright green patina has been twisted into a ghost of its former self. You also see a triton combatant, a coral-hilted sharply tapered longsword, a sienna-banded scallop shell shield and a sienna-banded scallop shell shield.
Obvious paths: northeast, south, northwest
>incant 909
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Tremors...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a triton combatant.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand.
A triton combatant loses her balance and falls over.
>
A triton combatant stands up with a grunt.
>stance d
You are now in a defensive stance.
>
A triton combatant thrusts with an oak-shafted silvery blue trident at you!
AS: +424 vs DS: +677 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +36 = -186
A clean miss.
>
Your magic fails to find a target.
Re: 909 bug related to AOE spell changes 01/27/2021 09:58 PM CST
Bugged in game as well, in case that's a better way to report this.

Thanks again for looking into it.
Re: 909 bug related to AOE spell changes 02/09/2021 11:35 PM CST
Any chance this will get looked at at some point?

Since the AOE spell changes, 909 is skipping targeting creatures that have recently stood up, even if they are the only creature in the room.
Re: 909 bug related to AOE spell changes 02/13/2021 04:01 PM CST
Yeah the TAP version is also broken in this scenario. The speculation is that 909 gives an EBP debuff and if that debuff is still active, they are immune. I think it's a bug for sure. It's really annoying in arena where champions keep standing up.

A scarred fire giant champion slowly works his way back into a standing position.
>3wc
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Minor Water...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a scarred fire giant champion.
You hurl a stream of water at a scarred fire giant champion!
AS: +532 vs DS: +101 with AvD: +7 + d100 roll: +77 = +515
... and hit for 101 points of damage!
Good blow to chest!
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
>tap
You tap your illthorn staff on the floor, unleashing a roiling wave of elemental power!
Your magic fails to find a target.
Re: 909 bug related to AOE spell changes 02/14/2021 07:31 AM CST
This issue with 909 not working like it used to is part of my reason I've stopped playing my warmage as much. It's frustrating that he's lost his only use of CC (which isn't effective against every creature) is now less effective when you can't keep creatures it does impact down. You have to wait 3-5 seconds after a creature has stood up for 909 to be able to knock it over again.

This also means I won't be putting any effort into the DR Arena because of it. Shame, too, I wanted to see if he got any better running the arena since the last time it was around. But I can't afford to waste mana in the arena on useless casts of 909.
Re: 909 bug related to AOE spell changes 02/15/2021 02:41 PM CST
>>This issue with 909 not working like it used to is part of my reason I've stopped playing my warmage as much. It's frustrating that he's lost his only use of CC (which isn't effective against every creature) is now less effective when you can't keep creatures it does impact down. You have to wait 3-5 seconds after a creature has stood up for 909 to be able to knock it over again.

>>This also means I won't be putting any effort into the DR Arena because of it. Shame, too, I wanted to see if he got any better running the arena since the last time it was around. But I can't afford to waste mana in the arena on useless casts of 909.

For warmages in the arena I recommend e-waving the champs. In fact, I recommend e-waving everything except vortaz (immune) and servant/witch/shaman (DS always low and stun easily so can just attack right away).

Alternatively, if using tremors, you can use CMAN feint to keep the unstunnable enemies (champion/grahnk/beetle) on the ground while you kill them.

That aside... I really hope they can fix this tremors issue. Ideally, it should be targeting anything that is not both prone AND EPB-impaired.
Re: 909 bug related to AOE spell changes 02/15/2021 07:21 PM CST
>For warmages in the arena I recommend e-waving the champs. In fact, I recommend e-waving everything except vortaz (immune) and servant/witch/shaman (DS always low and stun easily so can just attack right away).

My warmage is a mutant, he doesn't have access to the 400s.

Right now it's either feint or 909 to move things to a vulnerable position. If something goes down from 909 and stands up, I can't put the target prone again using 909 for a good 3-5 seconds.

Usually, though, a target that stands up stands up in offensive and I can generally hit them without issues. The problem is lack of my ability to properly control a creature or creatures due to the change in how 909 functions after a target has stood up.

My situation is odd, but I'm not the only warmage that this change to 909 impacts. More so it hurts my warmage than others due to his extreme lack of spells. The upside to his extreme lack of spells is that he's got about 15% redux. He can take a pretty good beating as a wizard and not die, but he still gets hindered if too many minors stack up to create rank 2 wounds that prevent casting....no casting means no 506, 902 and 909 to help him in combat.
Re: 909 bug related to AOE spell changes 02/16/2021 11:07 AM CST
>>My warmage is a mutant, he doesn't have access to the 400s.

>>Right now it's either feint or 909 to move things to a vulnerable position. If something goes down from 909 and stands up, I can't put the target prone again using 909 for a good 3-5 seconds.

>>Usually, though, a target that stands up stands up in offensive and I can generally hit them without issues. The problem is lack of my ability to properly control a creature or creatures due to the change in how 909 functions after a target has stood up.

>>My situation is odd, but I'm not the only warmage that this change to 909 impacts. More so it hurts my warmage than others due to his extreme lack of spells. The upside to his extreme lack of spells is that he's got about 15% redux. He can take a pretty good beating as a wizard and not die, but he still gets hindered if too many minors stack up to create rank 2 wounds that prevent casting....no casting means no 506, 902 and 909 to help him in combat.

Nice, that's more redux than my Paladin (~1.25x spells at lvl 79). Always nice to see non-standard builds. I levelled as a more "conventional" warmage (1x THW, 1x CM, 2x spells, etc.). I will say that some areas would have been much more difficult without e-wave... Thanatoph Bowels for one, where they walk around with dangerous spells already prepped, and even if they are prone and stunned they will stun-break and cast simultaneously, unless you keep them RT-locked until dead. Plus they fall on you if you kill them standing up, and it gets pretty swarmy, and they chase you by teleporting through walls and stuff. I probably died more frequently during my time there than any other time, but it remains a fond memory, and one of my favorite hunting grounds. I have been hoping that one of the future Ascension areas is like a brutally hard and unfair level 120 Illoke area, maybe deep under Zul Logoth or something.

I guess I am getting derailed here, so back to the point: I agree with you 100% that the 909 bug introduced by the AOE spell changes are impacting many. Hopefully it's not too hard to fix.
Re: 909 bug related to AOE spell changes 02/25/2021 10:32 PM CST
This should be fixed now.

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey
Re: 909 bug related to AOE spell changes 03/01/2021 10:45 PM CST
Thanks, much appreciated.