Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/01/2021 11:13 PM CST
To go along with the Frozen Bramble Patch updates, I did a quick bug fix for some Red Forest, Inner Weald creatures (direbears and warped tree spirits) so that their maneuvers won't cause RT when they miss you. Feel free to BUG and/or post about any creatures from any hunting ground that you notice has that kind of behavior in the future.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/02/2021 12:03 AM CST
<Feel free to BUG and/or post about any creatures from any hunting ground that you notice has that kind of behavior in the future.>

I don't know if this is what you mean, but I've been noticing I've been getting RT from a few critters when their maneuvers miss. Not sure if these are what you're talking about but aivern, krag yeti, and krag dwellers all have maneuvers that inflict RT on a miss.

I thought I'd seen others, but after checking a few logs to make sure, I was either mistaken or wasn't been targeted by the maneuvers I was thinking about in the logs I peeked at on other characters

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/02/2021 04:18 PM CST
>>To go along with the Frozen Bramble Patch updates, I did a quick bug fix for some Red Forest, Inner Weald creatures (direbears and warped tree spirits) so that their maneuvers won't cause RT when they miss you. Feel free to BUG and/or post about any creatures from any hunting ground that you notice has that kind of behavior in the future.

>>GameMaster Oscuro

Glacei ice and centaur kicks come to mind.
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/08/2021 10:08 AM CST
Falling Illoke will cause RT on a miss:

[SMR result: 45 (Open d100: 88)]
The Illoke elder rumbles in agony as he teeters for a moment, then falls directly at you!
With a quick leap to the side, you narrowly avoid being crushed as the Illoke elder lands with a thundering crash!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/08/2021 12:49 PM CST
No, that's correct.
You being successful results only in RT.
You failing results in damage.
You failing BADLY results in death.
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/08/2021 08:32 PM CST
It was correct, as it used to be.

But Oscuro (post #768) created this thread for instances such as that posted one. Rt won't happen on a miss (success for defender)
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/09/2021 05:59 PM CST
Aivren, krag yetis, krag dwellers, glacei, centaurs, and Illoke should no longer cause RT when they miss you with a maneuver. Thanks for reporting them. Please post/BUG if you notice any others.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/09/2021 06:43 PM CST
The wooly mammoths also have a tusk maneuver that causes RT on a miss.

Thanks for these changes!
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/09/2021 06:58 PM CST
And makes you kneel I think.
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/09/2021 07:57 PM CST
I believe cockatrices give RT even when they miss (even when the end roll result is negative).
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/10/2021 02:07 AM CST
Centaur kicks also give RT on a maneuver miss.
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/12/2021 03:06 AM CST
>Aivren, krag yetis, krag dwellers, glacei, centaurs, ...

If the centaur fix isn't generic to quadrupeds, other quadrupeds do this too. Skeletal warhorses are one I particularly remember.

There's something thats done this to me when bandit hunting on Teras. Burgee spit? Fog beetle cloud? I haven't managed to provoke them into trying it recently though. They keep running away or getting mashed in the mstrike along with the bandits.
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/13/2021 08:53 AM CST
I bugged this in game, but centaurs are doing the 'give you RT when they miss you' thing.

[SMR result: 58 (Open d100: 48, Penalty: 1)]
A black centaur wheels quickly, plants her front hooves firmly on the ground and kicks at you with both hind legs!
With a quick leap to the side you narrowly avoid the vicious strike!
Roundtime: 9 sec.
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/13/2021 01:43 PM CST
Wooly mammoths and centaurs (and any horse creature that kicks) are fixed.

I haven't been able to locate a cockatrice SMR attack. If you have a clip, please share one.

Thanks.

GameMaster Oscuro
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/13/2021 10:22 PM CST
>I haven't been able to locate a cockatrice SMR attack. If you have a clip, please share one.

It's not a SMR attack. It's some kind of "hypnotize" they use on players. If you don't shake it (defend from it), you can be paralyzed/immobolized for 30 or 60 seconds or something like that. Even if you defend from it, you're tagged with a small amount of RT.

If you fail to defend from it, it's horribly excessive being stuck for a long period of time because they hypnotized you with their gaze. The cockatrice outside of the Landing have this ability, same as the crested basilisk in the Outlands area in Solhaven....they have a similar ability....

I want to say that the festering taint or beings in the Aqueduct of OFT also have a similar ability....
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/14/2021 04:51 AM CST
The same ability was inherited by the cockatrice creatures used in Duskruin's Arena combat.
Re: Red Forest Inner Weald Bug Fix 01/14/2021 08:50 AM CST
Here are two different results from their attack.

A cockatrice focuses its eyes on you!

Feelings of insecurity flood your mind, and you feel yourself slowing down in a depressed state.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
Roundtime changed to 9 seconds.
You no longer feel the dulling effect of depression.

A cockatrice focuses its eyes on you!

You feel a brief, sharp tug at your mind, but you are able to summon your will and fend off the attack!

-- Robert

>> *** A small bundle of woven hemp is discharged from your ruic heavy crossbow. It expands as it sails through the air and then coils about a forest troll's legs!