Adamantine Material Review 12/17/2022 10:35 AM CST
I posted this on the Discord Forums (giving it a try to see if / how it works out) but also posting here as well.

---

Would it be possible to have someone review how lightening is applied for items made out of Adamantine?

It appears there may be an error in the way that lightening of Adamantine material is handled. There is a weight penalty for Adamantine but for some reason this penalty is increased as the items made from this material is lightened.

"Normal" Full Plate armor
Starting Weight: 75 lbs
Max Lightened Weight: 38 lbs (50% of original weight rounded up)

Adamantine Armor
Starting Weight: 150 lbs
Max Lightened: 113 lbs (75% of original weight rounded up)

'Normal' Full Plate vs. Adamantine Full Plate
75 lbs vs. 150 lbs (200% the weight)

'Normal' Max Lightened Full Plate vs. Max Lightened Adamantine Full Plate
38 lbs vs. 113 lbs (300% the weight)

Note: Similar results are found with Adamantine Brigandine though this is less of an issue given the total weight involved.

It is also worth noting that other (non-Adamantine) plate armors that start heavier than the normal 75 lbs can still be lightened down to the 'normal' 38 lbs limit.

It makes sense that there is a weight penalty for Adamanite given the material benefit, but it also seems reasonable that this should be somewhat proportionally equivalent when lightening is applied to the item. i.e. If the material is twice as heavy as other materials in general (assumption mine) then it seems like this should be consistent for both normal and lightened version of the item.

Not gaining any encumbrance benefit for max lightened adamantine full plate at 75 lbs (vs. 38 lbs for any other material full plate armor) seems like a reasonable penalty. With the current setup at 113 lbs the penalty feels to be overly punishing.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.