Padding & resistances 05/19/2022 02:09 PM CDT
From conversations, it sounds as though all padding is cumulative by source, though you may or may not get everything from your armor.
(What I mean by this is if you have padding on your armor + padding from a symbol or sigil + effective padding from CONstitution stat + padding from one or more spells, get A + B + C + D == your total combat effectiveness padding. "A" may be somewhat on your armor and very heavy on your arm greaves so you actually get <some number>, but once that is arrived at then you still slap B + C + D onto it no matter what.)
And there may be other sources--like temporary potions or effects--that I have not recollected.

However, I believe I even recall seeing a GM statement that you get ONE source of any given resistance, the highest to which you have access. (And it looks like the last line of the opening paragraph on GSWiki says exactly that.)

So first, my question is: am I recalling that properly?

My second question is, "How much is the vulnerability to impact that Sonic Armor/1014 makes you suffer?" (It may be worth it to switch to sonic for ventures in the Hinterwild, both for the lighter encumbrance and also some cold resistance.)

So in the ideal, you've got your ML:Transformation Monk with a ton in one of his choice, with <something> layered on from a Ranger spell + <something else> layered on from a Warrior's fittings, with a few HESS certificates for two or three others, and then 30 points spent for 15 points (out of 40 available) for "each of the rest."

My third question is, "Which happens first?" Resistance to reduce damage, then crit laid against you is calculated to which padding is then applied?
Re: Padding & resistances 05/20/2022 08:56 AM CDT

Robert, I saw a post recently on Discord I think under the ranger topic that mentioned that very thing you're speaking about in regards to "one resistance" from any source and that the highest was used and not a stacking. Not sure if that helps, I just know you don't use Discord.

Jim