Final Word: Level 90 Sniping Rogue (solo bandits and solo OTF) 04/15/2022 01:00 AM CDT
Armor Use..........................| 111 27
Combat Maneuvers...................| 184 84
Ranged Weapons.....................| 284 184
Brawling...........................| 284 184
Ambush.............................| 284 184
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 130 35
Physical Fitness...................| 284 184
Dodging............................| 284 184
Arcane Symbols.....................| 50 10
Magic Item Use.....................| 58 12
Disarming Traps....................| 284 184
Picking Locks......................| 284 184
Stalking and Hiding................| 322 222
Perception.........................| 322 222
Climbing...........................| 160 60
Swimming...........................| 160 60
First Aid..........................| 120 30

ARMOR: 5x CER 12 brigandine

WEAPON: 6x CER 6 long bow

Wow, talk about an extremely frustrating experience. Talk about an extremely dumb decision I made: "I should hunt my rogue these last 10 levels solo, prove he can stand on his own and doesn't need my cleric to help."

Let's start with some design flaws with regards to this archetype...

Bandits: You have to be out in the open to spawn them, negating everything about hunting from the shadows. Quick fix? Let vanish/hide work while netted. Better fix? Let a hidden character trigger bandits when sneaking around.

OTF: This is more just an issue with grizzled creatures and Ithzir. You draw out the grizzled Itzhir, you battle against it, it fades. Guess what? You gotta wander around in the open now to draw it back to you. What's the point of all this stalking and hiding, this assassin training, if I have to blindly run around in the open like an idiot? Quick fix? Don't let grizzled Ithzir fade. Better fix? Let a hidden character trigger it to come back when sneaking around.

Let's get to the other frustration as a solo character...

This has nothing to do with how difficult it is to rescue in OTF and everything to do with bigshot hunting: If you die in OTF, even as easily as being dead AT THE EXIT, you are going to most likely decay.

Dev wonders why "depart and salve" is the solution to dying? Look at the log in the prior post.

Solution...

Chrism censers give back your spells and give perfect chrisms. 318 includes a 100% XP, but lowest power (for stat recovery) chrism raise. Clerics get 800 XP, always, for the raise. The dead get 500 LTE for the raise. Everyone that lifekeeps a dead body gets 500 LTE when the body is raised.

I know that nothing can be done about bigshot. Nothing can be done about people just not giving a damn. Nothing can be done to stop AFK / distracted scripting. Not only that, but you MUST turn on obvious hiding just to prevent bigshot from kill stealing you all over the place.

Why must this stuff punish people trying to play more natively?
Re: Final Word: Level 90 Sniping Rogue (solo bandits and solo OTF) 04/15/2022 01:34 AM CDT
<If you die in OTF, even as easily as being dead AT THE EXIT, you are going to most likely decay.>

For 10+ years before the boot was restored, this was the case in RR just cause of the low population. I still get annoyed when people rescue me cause my brain has strongly associated it with extending the amount of time I can't do a thing other than speak cause there was so rarely an empath or cleric awake. (though the 100+ questions clerics and empaths insist on asking dead bodies don't help)

Imagine my shock when my rogue and sorcerer moved on to minos and the Rift and started getting rescued 90% of the time they died....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.