Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/08/2022 08:47 PM CST
Hey Everyone,

I am in the process of updating the system that generates the item information blurb you see when using the verb RECALL. This system is also used by playershops.

I am seeking a list of properties that players could reasonably expect to see revealed in the RECALL blurb that aren't currently revealed.

Example: I recently fixed a bug for UCS equipment flare information not showing up in RECALL even when the same flare on a standard weapon would. Link: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Combat,%20Magic,%20and%20Character%20Mechanics/Developer's%20Corner/view/3947

Properties you don't need to report: I've already compiled the list of properties that are revealed in a full loresong (or RECALL LORESONG) but are not revealed in the more succinct RECALL. These properties do not need to be reported by players as they've already been noted during my review.

I would appreciate help from players. If you own an item with a property that you reasonably expected would show up in RECALL and it doesn't, please BUGITEM and include at the start of the problem description the phrase 'Meraki Recall Review' followed by a detailed explanation of the property that is missing and what you expected it to say about that property.

I'll be collecting this information over the next week or so to review and consider for inclusion. Thanks in advance!

> Meraki – Greek Word of the day – Doing something with love, passion, and a lot of soul. It is what happens when you leave a piece of yourself (your soul, creativity, or love) in your work.
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/09/2022 05:35 AM CST
In addition to adding the missing bits (thanks!), can you update the layout as well, so that "everything that applies to PropertyX is all together"?

For preference, "everything about PropertyX should be contained on a single line of the loresong/recall." Then followed by "everything about PropertyY contained on a single line."
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/09/2022 08:01 AM CST
Hi Meraki,

I do not have a specific example (but will dig one up if you would find that helpful) but when an item has a permanent property and a temporary property it can be very challenging identifying which is which using current loresongs. Somehow providing a better connection to the property and the 'is temporary' messaging (or restructing the loresong so that everything is in one place as Krakii has suggested) would be very much appreciated!

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/09/2022 08:43 AM CST
<<I do not have a specific example (but will dig one up if you would find that helpful) but when an item has a permanent property and a temporary property it can be very challenging identifying which is which using current loresongs. Somehow providing a better connection to the property and the 'is temporary' messaging (or restructing the loresong so that everything is in one place as Krakii has suggested) would be very much appreciated!>

+1

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/09/2022 08:08 PM CST
If it's within the scope of this request I'd add to what others have said. The way resistances show up now - "It is temporarily and ... resistant" might be used as a model for other temporary properties of an item: WPS, +TD, +DS, etc.
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/12/2022 11:57 PM CST

Why do some items report level of weighting/padding with recall, and others do not?

Do you have to get the item assessed by a warrior after the recall is done? Is this intended, and if so can it be documented? If the intent is that recall should reveal all properties then I think that is another item for your list...
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/14/2022 12:03 PM CDT

I'd love to see item script or subscript information. Like if you recall a sigil staff, animal staff, ethereal armor, etc, I'd be nice if it said something like:

"The item appears to have the Sigil script on it. Check the ANALYZE for details." I don't think that normally shows up in a loresong in any way.

Thank you!
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/14/2022 12:10 PM CDT
At least the Sigil Staff has some very visible signs of recognition on it if you 'look' at it. Not sure about the others.
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/14/2022 12:40 PM CDT
<I'd love to see item script or subscript information. Like if you recall a sigil staff, animal staff, ethereal armor, etc, I'd be nice if it said something like:>

This would be nice for selling items in shops, since the analyze info isn't shown on the searchable sites.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/19/2022 08:55 PM CDT
GILCHRISTR writes...
>>Why do some items report level of weighting/padding with recall, and others do not?
>>Do you have to get the item assessed by a warrior after the recall is done? Is this intended, and if so can it be documented? If the intent is that recall should reveal all properties then I think that is another item for your list...

Warriors may determine the level of padding/weighting on an item. Loresongs merely indicate that such a property exists but not it's levels.

https://gswiki.play.net/Loresinging#Weighting_and_Padding
https://gswiki.play.net/Verb:ASSESS#Warriors

As far as I am aware, this is by design. As for timing, the item should remember that a warrior has successfully determined this information and it should be available whenever RECALL is also available (whether permanent or temporary) OR if placed in a player shop. So the order shouldn't matter. If you've experienced different, I'd like to know.

> Meraki – Greek Word of the day – Doing something with love, passion, and a lot of soul. It is what happens when you leave a piece of yourself (your soul, creativity, or love) in your work.
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/28/2022 01:06 AM CDT
> So the order shouldn't matter. If you've experienced different, I'd like to know. --Meraki

I looked into this further and it appears that if you get the armor assessed first and then the loresong unlocked, it will overwrite the fact the armor was recently assessed with the lesser form of w/p/s identification provided by loresong.

I consider this a bug and already have a fix planned in my recall review update. Thanks again for bringing attention to this.

Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/28/2022 10:28 AM CDT
Another odd thing about loresongs and shops ... items with a loresong will not stack. The very same things without a loresong stack fine.

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/30/2022 05:26 PM CDT
> Another odd thing about loresongs and shops ... items with a loresong will not stack. The very same things without a loresong stack fine. -- Luxelle

Hmm, stacking probably requires the items to be fairly identical or only differ in prescribed ways (like gems in gem jars). I could see how a (temporary) loresong unlock would cause enough variance to prevent the stacking mechanism.

What are some items that are frequently stacked for sale in shops that would benefit from being able to have their loresong identified?

Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/30/2022 06:56 PM CDT
>What are some items that are frequently stacked for sale in shops that would benefit from being able to have their loresong identified?

Pretty much gear/enhancives sold in Festival shops, or from prizes at Festival Games/Mini Games. Things that you would LIKE the INSPECT to show the enchantment and/or enhancives.

Otherwise, the shop owner has to put it on a sign, hope the people read the sign. Or hope they look for it at the wiki.

Pretty sure sales are lost all the time in such hopes :)

--

Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/30/2022 07:25 PM CDT
And one other Oddity that got introduced into Loresinging after that fairly major update a few years ago.

Sometimes items that are imbeddible and mage-rechargeable give a message at the end about being blurry. Which is normally a message that a bard only sees on extremely difficult magical spell items if your skill cannot ID them.

So here's the loresong log:

You sing in Guildspeak:
"Hello, brave clasp, Luxie is my name!
Tell me your value, sing of your fame!"
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the pewter clasp in your hand, and you learn something about it...
This is a small item, under a pound. In your best estimation, it's worth about 3,700 silvers. You can also tell that there is some type of metal in the structure of the pewter clasp.

You sing in Guildspeak:
"Clasp held dear, now be ever so bold
Sing out your purpose lest ye be sold!"
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the pewter clasp in your hand, and you learn something about it...
You sense a faint aura of magic surrounding the clasp. You also feel a faint drawing sensation from it, as though it may be able to hold more power. From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the clasp is to cast a spell or perform some magical purpose.

You sing in Guildspeak:
"Now clasp true, I really like what I hear.
Share more of your magic, sing it loud and clear!"
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the pewter clasp in your hand...
From the rapid vibrations of the pewter clasp, you determine it has no spell within it now, but could be imbedded with one, in the proper hands. You estimate that it can contain an average amount of mana.

You sing in Guildspeak:
"Now clasp true, I really like what I hear.
Share more of your special ability, sing it loud and clear!"
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the pewter clasp in your hand...
The clasp's song blurs, and you are unable to make sense of any of it.
You sense that the pewter clasp will persist after its last magical charge has been expended.

It only happens once in a while.

--

Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 03/30/2022 07:27 PM CDT
(bad copy/pasta in last loresong stanza, just overlook that part)

--

Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 04/01/2022 02:10 AM CDT
> Pretty much gear/enhancives sold in Festival shops, or from prizes at Festival Games/Mini Games. Things that you would LIKE the INSPECT to show the enchantment and/or enhancives.

I might have to look more closely at these stacks to see what reasonable options exist. If you know of one that exists in prime offhand, feel free to point me to it so I can examine it a bit more closely. If not, no worries, I can play around until I create such a stack in my test shop. :)

> Sometimes items that are imbeddible and mage-rechargeable give a message at the end about being blurry. Which is normally a message that a bard only sees on extremely difficult magical spell items if your skill cannot ID them.

Can you please bugitem that clasp and say Meraki told you to. Include a note that it's a blank imbeddable and its 4th facet returns: The clasp's song blurs, and you are unable to make sense of any of it.

You're right that its supposed to blur if you can't identify the spell, so I consider it a bug that a blank imbed triggers that messaging.

Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 04/01/2022 02:22 PM CDT
Thank you!

The next time I sing to something that goes blurry when it should not, I will bugitem it. Or maybe another bard will catch one before I do!

Also ...erroneous comma in the erroneous line. There should not be a comma needed before that and:

>The clasp's song blurs, and you are unable to make sense of any of it.

--

Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 04/01/2022 03:47 PM CDT
>> I might have to look more closely at these stacks to see what reasonable options exist. If you know of one that exists in prime offhand, feel free to point me to it so I can examine it a bit more closely.

These items stop stacking when sung to: a rectangular vultite greatshield riveted with silvery eonake

I did a bugitems of one of them for you with the following note: For Meraki to review relating to sung to items not stacking in the playershops.

They are located in Gittyna's Armory in FWI in case that is helpful as well.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 04/01/2022 08:22 PM CDT
Thanks for the info Robert! This was exactly what I needed.

Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 05/11/2022 10:13 PM CDT
After the updates last night, I'd like to suggest the following changes to the player shop listing:

- The "predominantly X" appears to duplicate the "mainly X" shown when you inspect an item, where X is a material. I think this info is almost always available on INSPECT, but I could be wrong about this. It doesn't seem like the additional line is needed here -- it already shows up on INSPECT and SHOP INSPECT. Might be useful in RECALL.

- Don't show the "estimated to be worth" loresong value. This seems pointless in a shop listing as it has no relation to the price someone might pay for it. It isn't even useful as a metric to see how an item should be priced. Might be useful in RECALL, though.. maybe.

- Don't show the duration or the name of the bard for a temporary unlock. Based on what I'm seeing today, there seem to be good reasons not to show the name this way, and the temp duration is puzzling in a shop listing. I would just state whether it's permanently unlocked or temporarily unlocked. Again, might be more useful in RECALL.

Some of these things make perfect sense in RECALL but are pretty confusing in a shop listing.
Re: Request for information (RECALL / Playershop Items) 05/12/2022 11:43 AM CDT
There are some things the appraisal base value/loresong value is useful for. I know it is generally a running joke, and it could be confusing in a store where it is for sale for a completely different amount. But it's still useful for some things.

I'll have to check later to see if gems/orb gems will now inspect with a value!
--