Attack Verbs: QoL Update 03/03/2022 06:04 PM CST
Hey all,

There are a few AIM and TARGET QoL updates going out soon. These updates apply to the ATTACK, AMBUSH, FIRE, and WAYLAY verbs. The following is a list of the changes:

* Attack verbs have been updated to support {VERB} [target] [location] options, similar to how UCS works, e.g., JAB THIRD KOBOLD HEAD or JAB HEAD to attack your existing target. Verbs follow the TARGET and AIM settings accordingly.
* AMBUSH now requires being hidden or invisible to use.
* ATTACK is now used for open aiming and should reduce confusion around AMBUSH and ATTACK and how they work.
* You no longer have to specify left or right when targeting limbs or eyes, and omitting left/right defaults to right. You may override this behavior by specifying left/right if you wish.
* Unaimed AMBUSHes and WAYLAYs will no longer add to roundtime or reduce the Damage Severity Weighting (DSW) of the attack. Note: missing an aimed location continues to halve the DSW bonus.
* Attacking a location that is already missing acts as an unaimed attack and does not increase your roundtime.
* Messaging has been updated to indicate aiming if you're making an aimed attack, e.g.: You take aim and fire a wooden arrow at a super buff rat!.

Thanks to Mestys for QC and Gyres for messaging.

- Naijin
Re: Attack Verbs: QoL Update 04/26/2022 06:46 PM CDT
A couple this with the attack changes....
When there are no targets left (especially relevant when in a group hunt) we now get the following:

<USAGE: ATTACK [target] [location]

[target] will default to your current TARGET, or a random creature if you have not set a target.
[location] will default to your AIM preference if set. You may also specify CLEAR to force an unaimed attack.
>

every strike. Can you please turn that off and just give us the usual "no targets" message. We don't need the definition of attack every swing.

There also seems to be a problem with the combat window mstrike option. If I mstrike 3-4 bandits, I'm now only hitting one bandit 3-4 times instead of hitting each bandit one time. I have 101 ranks of multi-opponent combat so that isn't the issue.

--Regwen

A silver glow surrounds Regwen briefly.

Lheren says, "The Lord of Night has heard you, it seems."
Re: Attack Verbs: QoL Update 04/26/2022 11:12 PM CDT
\There also seems to be a problem with the combat window mstrike option. If I mstrike 3-4 bandits, I'm now only hitting one bandit 3-4 times instead of hitting each bandit one time. I have 101 ranks of multi-opponent combat so that isn't the issue.\

This is also happening for BERSERK.

Instead of BERSERK functioning as an open MSTRIKE when multiple targets are present, it is defaulting to focused MSTRIKE against one opponent at a time, though there is a somewhat inconsistent WHIRLING DERVISH like effect where it sometimes transfers to a second target once the first one drops.

I haven't seen anywhere that there were planned changes to MSTRIKE or BERSERK unless I missed it? If not, then is this an unintentional effect related to the new changes (and if so will it be fixed?) It's a pretty big detriment to the way BERSERK works from a "crowd control" standpoint.

Mohrgan glances between Mohrgan and Mohrgan.
Re: Attack Verbs: QoL Update 04/27/2022 02:36 PM CDT
Regarding the attack messaging when there are no targets...

I had to do this with TARGET as I use that in my attack scripts, and it does the same thing if there are no targets or an invalid target...

One solution (although it's us fixing things) is that you could try squelching each line.

I do agree that I'd rather it just be silent "no targets" versus giving the entire messaging (save that for help or verb info).

All that said, have you bugged it in game?

(and I suppose I should bug TARGET if so)
Re: Attack Verbs: QoL Update 04/27/2022 03:39 PM CDT
Are you using TARGET all by itself to replace TARGET NEXT?

I use TARGET NEXT since ... I learned about it, and it's still the same as ever. DISCLAIMER: This is all I know about TARGETING...

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Attack Verbs: QoL Update 04/27/2022 03:47 PM CDT
And while these issues are floating around, I would also like to repeat my request to have "look target" work. It already works with cast & attack, how tough should it be?