CMAN hamstring / critter death messaging is confusing / out of order 12/19/2021 06:47 PM CST
Not sure if this is specific to CMAN hamsting or not but the ogre was stunned after he was reported as dead. This can be somewhat confusing during combat.

>cman hamstring
You lunge forward and try to hamstring a black forest ogre with your blued steel broadsword and blued steel broadsword!
[SMR result: 192 (Open d100: 10, Bonus: 53)]
Your size contributes slightly to the attack!
With a vicious double-strike you slash at a black forest ogre's right leg!
... 38 points of damage!
The light in a black forest ogre's eyes goes out as he collapses and finally dies.
The black forest ogre no longer bristles with energy.
A black forest ogre glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding a black forest ogre suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a black forest ogre.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a black forest ogre.
The bright luminescence fades from around a black forest ogre.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a black forest ogre.
The shimmering multicolored sphere fades from around a black forest ogre.
A black forest ogre becomes solid again.
The translucent sphere fades from around a black forest ogre.
Weak diagonal slash catches the black forest ogre's left knee!
It is dislocated.
A black forest ogre falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!
The black forest ogre is stunned!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

I submitted a bug around CMAN hamsting title Hamstring combat results are confusing as well.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: CMAN hamstring / critter death messaging is confusing / out of order 12/20/2021 08:25 AM CST
I believe the "effects fall/death/then damage" happened with the PSM3 roll-out, or right around <some other changes> in that same time frame. I find it very odd to get credit for Reim points, watch a dozen spells fall, and only then see the "and by the way, you hit for some amount of damage" line. <shrug>