Trading bonus question 11/11/2020 12:16 AM CST
Is there a hard cap on Trading bonus? I put on a full +50 stack of Trading enhancive items and it has about no effect on my self-looted treasure prices. Trading went from 302 to 352 bonus. Items are charged and show the full bonus in SKILL.

Thanks!
Re: Trading bonus question 11/11/2020 07:28 AM CST
As I understand it, there's no hard cap but the diminishing returns becomes so great that there's no real gain after a certain point.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Trading bonus question 11/11/2020 09:26 AM CST
Hrm.... from memory, you should have seen a 4% boost in the sale price (1% for every 12 points). An easy way to test is to APPRAISE the item with the merchant then put on the enhancives and APPRAISE the item again.

There is a weekly(?) cap on trading bonus though as I understand it, so if you have already sold a million silver worth of items for the week you may not see a trading bonus until the next week.

Disclaimer: The above is my understanding of how the system works. It's possible that the NIRs have made changes that I am not aware of or that I am misremembering how trading works.

-- Robert

>> [You have failed your current Adventurer's Guild task.]
Re: Trading bonus question 11/11/2020 01:47 PM CST
>> Hrm.... from memory, you should have seen a 4% boost in the sale price (1% for every 12 points). An easy way to test is to APPRAISE the item with the merchant then put on the enhancives and APPRAISE the item again.

>> There is a weekly(?) cap on trading bonus though as I understand it, so if you have already sold a million silver worth of items for the week you may not see a trading bonus until the next week.

>> Disclaimer: The above is my understanding of how the system works. It's possible that the NIRs have made changes that I am not aware of or that I am misremembering how trading works.

>> -- Robert

Yeah, the weekly trading cap is for non-self-looted treasure, from what I understand. This is all self-looted treasure.

There is absolutely no difference in offered price when going from 302 Trading bonus to 345. I haven't checked it against 352 since one of my items is Trading and Influence, and the Influence enhancives definitely have an effect. So, unless Trading has a hard cap at 300ish, or something is broken, then I don't know what's going on. It's not simply disobeying the formula - it's having no effect at all.
Re: Trading bonus question 11/11/2020 06:08 PM CST
>Is there a hard cap on Trading bonus? I put on a full +50 stack of Trading enhancive items and it has about no effect on my self-looted treasure prices. Trading went from 302 to 352 bonus. Items are charged and show the full bonus in SKILL.

Shops have caps on how much they'll move their prices, so the benefit you get from trading will cap, but not necessarily at the same level on every character or in every shop. You are pretty likely to be at these caps before reaching full 2x trading if you are piling up bonuses from other sources and may only see a benefit from your enhancives if you go to shops that hate you. Possibly event merchants too, they tend to give much lower discounts for trading so you might not be at their caps.
Re: Trading bonus question 11/12/2020 05:25 PM CST
>> Shops have caps on how much they'll move their prices, so the benefit you get from trading will cap, but not necessarily at the same level on every character or in every shop. You are pretty likely to be at these caps before reaching full 2x trading if you are piling up bonuses from other sources and may only see a benefit from your enhancives if you go to shops that hate you. Possibly event merchants too, they tend to give much lower discounts for trading so you might not be at their caps.

That makes sense. It seems that I can get up to a hard cap with either Trading enhancives, and/or Influence enhancives, and I hit it quickly with 202 Trading ranks.

Thanks for the help!
Re: Trading bonus question 11/12/2020 10:33 PM CST
I get a bump beyond that in Icemule, though it could be completely stats not skill. I'll run a test.
Re: Trading bonus question 11/15/2020 12:23 PM CST
I tested out some enhancives for both trading and influence, and noted that the influence enhancive boosted price at both the gemshop and the pawnshop, whereas the trading bonus item only gave me a better price at the gemshop.