Warrior help with skill placement (I've been away for too many years) 02/15/2020 11:19 PM CST
I'm not sure if my current skills or stats are even viable any more. I've been gone for a long long time from the game. Any pointers or suggestions would be most welcome! I want to go for a two handed tank build with my warrior. I believe his stats are placed for max growth at level 100. I don't know what skills I should be continuing with or not. Thanks!

(at level 17), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 128 34
Combat Maneuvers...................| 128 34
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 128 34
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 126 33
Physical Fitness...................| 128 34
Dodging............................| 126 33
Survival...........................| 62 13
Perception.........................| 20 4
Climbing...........................| 15 3
Swimming...........................| 10 2
First Aid..........................| 62 13
Training Points: 0 Phy 1 Mnt (262 Mnt converted to Phy)

Race: Giantman Profession: Warrior (not shown)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 48 (14) ... 48 (14)
Constitution (CON): 66 (18) ... 66 (18)
Dexterity (DEX): 74 (7) ... 74 (7)
Agility (AGI): 74 (7) ... 74 (7)
Discipline (DIS): 78 (14) ... 78 (14)
Aura (AUR): 85 (12) ... 85 (12)
Logic (LOG): 90 (15) ... 90 (15)
Intuition (INT): 75 (12) ... 75 (12)
Wisdom (WIS): 85 (17) ... 85 (17)
Influence (INF): 48 (4) ... 48 (4)
Re: Warrior help with skill placement (I've been away for too many years) 02/16/2020 01:25 AM CST
The other option you have is plate armor sooner but less dodge/skinning. (3x armor to 70 ranks and get into MBP at level 22)

Those stats do look like a growth setting.

You can play with skills as much as you like before level 20, and change stats up to 5 times. I'd suggest trying out a 3x armor build and (if you haven't used them up) a higher TP stat setting. Growth stats make it harder now, so its a case of whether you find it playable or not.

I always go with a high TP setting rather than a growth setting, and then fixstat if and when I get to cap.
Re: Warrior help with skill placement (I've been away for too many years) 02/16/2020 03:48 AM CST
Aside from mirroring Rathboner's comments about armor, your skills look decent.

As far as stats, in the very least I'd bump STR up to about what you have AGI/DEX set to... that factors into both your AS and your parry DS, both of which are important for THW builds. Since you've been gone long enough that you have a lot of relearning and catching up to do, I'd suggest setting stats to give you an easier time at lower levels rather then maxed at cap. As Rath said, you can always fixstat them if/when you get to cap if that's important to you.

Two stats you probably won't notice shaving 15-20 points off of to distribute elsewhere are LOG and WIS. If you aren't planning on joining COL, you can even shave a fair bit off AUR without noticing it...though that does factor into both physical and mental TPs, so you might only want to do that if you're moving most of the points to DIS (the only other stat that counts for both).

If you're unsure whether you want to increase or decrease a specific stat, the wiki article for each individual stat does a pretty good job of breaking down what they affect. Like this one, for example: https://gswiki.play.net/Aura

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Warrior help with skill placement (I've been away for too many years) 02/16/2020 09:57 PM CST
>Two stats you probably won't notice shaving 15-20 points off of to distribute elsewhere are LOG and WIS. If you aren't planning on joining COL, you can even shave a fair bit off AUR without noticing it...though that does factor into both physical and mental TPs, so you might only want to do that if you're moving most of the points to DIS (the only other stat that counts for both).

AUR and DIS are split between physical and mental. They count half to each not full and consequently are poor choices for placing stats for TPs. STR and CON are the stats that give doubled TPs to warriors.

The OP growth setting tanked INF. The alternative tank stat for warriors is INT and that's the obvious place to start taking points to boost STR, which is indeed the obvious stat to boost. AGIDEX (for weapon speed) and CON (for training points) are the other stats that might be worth pushing above the growth setting.

The stats that I've put most effort into acquiring enhancives for are AGI, DEX, AUR and WIS. You won't miss a few points off AUR and WIS at low level, but you will at high level. (level 60 was the point where I switched from sneering at spells to buying scrolls for TD)