Shield Bash Question 01/09/2020 09:22 PM CST
Is there any reason to learn higher then rank 2 in Shield Bash if mostly you're focusing
on using Shield Charge? Basically, does higher ranks of Shield Bash improve Shield Charges
chances of success?
Re: Shield Bash Question 01/10/2020 06:07 AM CST
Shield Bash doesn't help Charge at all, it's just a prerequisite.

That said, I tend to favor Bash because of it's lower RT and doesn't include a risk of ending up prone... so ranks above 2 aren't wasted. Based on what I've seen in the past, I seem to be in the minority with that opinion though.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Shield Bash Question 01/10/2020 10:25 AM CST

Thanks Starchitin, I had pondered that that maybe the case but you never know with GS. Hidden rules and hidden mechanics have always been a thing. I'm still exploring mechanics and there are a ton of new abilities to get caught up on. As an aside one of my other characters is using Shield Strike and that's fun though I'm not sure if it's really useful or not at this point.

Re: Shield Bash Question 01/10/2020 06:39 PM CST
>> That said, I tend to favor Bash because of it's lower RT and doesn't include a risk of ending up prone..

My paladin is a big fan of shield bash as well. 5 ranks of fun! :-)

-- Robert

>channel my maul
You channel at a hefty mithril maul.
You make an astoundingly inept attempt! Success!