Shield Maneuver Update 09/10/2019 07:47 AM CDT
Shield maneuvers have been updated to hit kneeling and prone targets at a penalty rather than being prevented entirely.
Re: Shield Maneuver Update 09/10/2019 08:02 AM CDT
That's a fun addition.

Now, the million dollar question....

When will other classes get updated access to some basic SHIELD maneuvers?

Any class can use a shield - shouldn't they all have access to a couple of basic shield maneuvers/specialization skills such as shield bash, shielded brawler, shield focus (at least for small and medium shields) and shield spike focus?

Guess I can just keep hoping that my sword/board wizard will one day be able to learn how to shield bash....
Re: Shield Maneuver Update 09/12/2019 11:24 AM CDT
>>When will other classes get updated access to some basic SHIELD maneuvers?

At the very least - Bards, Rangers and Monk should have access to a handful of shield maneuvers.

Shield Focus
Shield Bash
Shielded Brawler
Shield Spike Mastery

These all make sense for most professions, even pures, but especially for professions which can 2x in shield use.
Re: Shield Maneuver Update 10/03/2019 01:26 AM CDT

Well this change is brutal. Now bandits have a 130 before the attack roll is made. Meaning with a 50 roll, the result can be instant death with a pure. (Bandits subdue and lock us in RT)

This is really brutal. Now I know why i’ve been getting insta killed. It looks like training in CM additional 60 ranks (I have 42 now) will afford me 15 or 20 defense? So bandits will murder me with a 60 roll instead.

Any way to mitigate this? It takes me a lot of time and resources to find a good animate, bandits might be out for me now.

SAD.